F430 E-Diff error - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old 08-28-2015, 11:35 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 71
E-Diff error

Hey Guys,

Car was in for service today and the way home I got a red E-Diff error, supposedly it's a co-incidence *sigh*, the car is still shifting fine but it's just the E-Diff error. I've read about the E-Diff control solenoid, where is that?, is it what the workshop manual refers to as the pressure control valve?

John.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 08-30-2015, 03:40 PM
Master Mechanic

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,219
The solenoid is on the LH differential cover. If there is a fluid/pressure issue with the F1 system, the E-Diff can become disrupted and throw a fault. Without knowing what fault is being kicked or if there are any operational symptoms, guessing at a cause would just be a guess.

post #3 of 13 Old 08-31-2015, 03:43 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Hi Josh,

Had it diagnosed today and it is the pressure control solenoid that's failed. I'm about to purchase the Auto Enginuity software for Ferrari and swap the solenoid myself. The only thing that's not clear in the WS manual is the ediff bleed procedure. Any insight into the procedure?

John.

post #4 of 13 Old 10-17-2015, 01:42 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Hey Guys,

Just coming back to this, still not working.

Hi Guys,

Hoping someone can help.

I swapped out the solenoid following the workshop manual procedure and had the system bled. it seemed to work fine for a few days then I started getting errors again consistently after about 15 seconds driving. So I swapped the pressure sensor but I'm still getting the same issue. I get a beep, e-diff shows in the display in red and it defaults to wet mode on the manettino, I get two errors showing up not always at the same time but I have seen them both at the same time once or twice.

The one that appears the most is

6016 - Plausibility of Magnetic valve current and lock pressure

More detail on the error is "General plausibility - An error was detected on the magnetic valve current and on the differential locking pressure

and the other error I've been getting is

6017 - Check: Pressure deviation too high

More detail on the error is "Over maximum threshold - An error was detected due to a high pressure difference. The error is set when the difference between the pressure requested by the control and the pressure measured in the system exceeds 1 bar. Check the pressure sensor and sensor ECU wiring for proper working condition"

Any ideas guys? how would I check the wiring to ensure it was working properly? Anyone seen these errors before? Anything else to check beside the solenoid and sensor?

Thanks for any pointers

John.
post #5 of 13 Old 10-31-2015, 10:19 AM
Master Mechanic

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,219
I suspect there is either an intermittent connection issue, likely at the solenoid or sensor, or there is a hydraulic leak elsewhere in the system. Essentially, you need to figure out of the implausibility fault is the result of intermittent signal or actually an issue with the system pressure.
post #6 of 13 Old 10-31-2015, 01:06 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Thanks ECSoV, I should have came back to this to provide another update, it actually started working after driving for a bit, after I changed the pressure sensor I was just driving for 30 seconds until the error came up then went back into the garage, then one day I decided to persevere and drive a bit more, after a few restarts and error clears and a few miles it started working, got over 100 miles on it since then. Wasn't sure if the solenoid was sticking or something.

John.
post #7 of 13 Old 10-31-2015, 02:24 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 862
What is the reason for an E Diff...? I have heard of these on the Newer Ferraris,.Are they necessary ..? Do the F 430 s have them,,??
post #8 of 13 Old 11-05-2015, 09:20 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 531
Luca

F430's have the Ediff. I don't think i am qualified to answer what they do though. However my simple understanding is that the differential in the F430 is controlled by the computer (TCU vs ECU?). Computer varies the slip or grip of rear wheels based on many factors including speed and angle of turning.

John,

Any updates? is your F430 still error free with respect to the Ediff?
post #9 of 13 Old 11-06-2015, 07:08 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Still error free, done just over 100 miles now since it started working, so far so good

John.
post #10 of 13 Old 06-01-2019, 01:11 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelej View Post
Thanks ECSoV, I should have came back to this to provide another update, it actually started working after driving for a bit, after I changed the pressure sensor I was just driving for 30 seconds until the error came up then went back into the garage, then one day I decided to persevere and drive a bit more, after a few restarts and error clears and a few miles it started working, got over 100 miles on it since then. Wasn't sure if the solenoid was sticking or something.

John.
Hi John,
I'm having EDiff Problem like your too. Now I have bought the Pressure sensor. Plan to replace myself, is bleeding a must? And diagnosis reset require? Thank you in advance
post #11 of 13 Old 06-02-2019, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelej View Post
Still error free, done just over 100 miles now since it started working, so far so good

John.
Hi Bro,
You have disable private message and I can't reply you on the private message.
Thank you for reply. The sensor I'm gonna change the part number is 205742. Not sure it's the one you are changing. No I did not have the manual.
post #12 of 13 Old 06-03-2019, 03:56 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalvinTan View Post
Hi Bro,
You have disable private message and I can't reply you on the private message.
Thank you for reply. The sensor I'm gonna change the part number is 205742. Not sure it's the one you are changing. No I did not have the manual.

Hi Calvin,

I sent a PM from a new account as I was having trouble resetting my password for original account, now have original account working again

Yes that is the correct part to change, if you can PM me your email address I can send you the procedure to change the solenoid.

John.
post #13 of 13 Old 06-13-2019, 03:05 AM

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode