F430 AIRBAG light - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 06-30-2015, 11:21 AM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 63
AIRBAG light

Hi everybody-

Just thought I'd post my problem here and see if I can get any good info.

As some of you may know, part of my project involved swapping out my interior. My new dash came with it's airbag ....and I just plugged it in. My steering wheel airbag was dyed black, and went right back in. The airbag light came on as soon as I fired the car up for the first time after the project ended. Thinking it might be a faulty passenger side airbag, I swapped back my original one...still have the light. I removed the steering wheel airbag to see if I might've forgotten to plug it back in....I didn't. But I jiggled the connector just for the hell of it. Still have the light. Power is always shut off at the main cutoff switch prior to working on the car.

-would an SD3 be able to diagnose where my problem might be?
-could there be another connector further under the dash that I should look for? I disconnected and color coded every connector when I removed the old dash and put in the new one, and I'm fairly positive I didn't forget to connect any. Everything else works fine.

Does anybody have any advice?

Thanks!

-George :-)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 06-30-2015, 12:59 PM
Owner
Sponsor

Ferrari Life Posts: 962
SD-2 maybe, SD-3 definitely required...After a system check has been done, components verified to be functioning properly, the light could then (presuming no significant issues) be reset.

All air bag wiring is bright yellow, FWIW.

Sarasota Italian Garage, LLC
Sarasota, FL
www.fluentinferrari.com
[email protected]

**An independent facility with no affiliation with Ferrari SpA**
post #3 of 5 Old 06-30-2015, 01:33 PM Thread Starter

Hi David-

Awesome coincidence that you replied!!....I've been planning to call you and introduce myself and see if you wanted a new customer :-)

Part of my research prior to buying my car ('07 F430 w/manual gearbox) was to find a highly respected shop to take care of it...and you're the guy I discovered. Knowing that you were relatively close made me feel comfortable buying such an expensive (for me) and complicated car.

Anyway, I'll give you a call tomorrow to talk about the airbag light, and something else I'd like done to the car. I'll call in the morning, but if there's a specific time you'd rather talk, please let me know. And, oh yeah, thanks for replying!

Your new customer,

George :-)

post #4 of 5 Old 06-30-2015, 05:57 PM
Owner
Sponsor

Ferrari Life Posts: 962
Hi George,

Thanks for the compliments. As you know, these are not the easiest nor most cooperative cars to service, at times. A 430 with a standard is a pretty rare bird. I've got a client in Maine with one. In my opinion, the six speed is a far better way to go. Although the F1 is a pretty neat experience, the cost of maintenance and potential repairs can be considerable in the event of a failure.

On your air bag issue; Interesting timing, as I had a 360 in a few weeks ago with an unexpected air bag warning light. Give me a call anytime after 9:00am.

Best,
David

Sarasota Italian Garage, LLC
Sarasota, FL
www.fluentinferrari.com
[email protected]

**An independent facility with no affiliation with Ferrari SpA**
post #5 of 5 Old 07-01-2015, 04:07 AM Thread Starter

Hi David,

I also think the F1 is a cool experience...for a one time drive. For me though, there was never any question of what I wanted. In 35 years years of driving, and dozens of cars, only 1 has been an automatic. Just personal preference, don't mean to upset any F1 fans that might be reading this ;-)

OK, it's time for breakfast! I'll call you later this morning...

Thanks again :-)

-George

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode