F430 F430 Front Bumper Replacement - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 06-28-2015, 07:43 PM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 5
F430 Front Bumper Replacement

I recently had an altercation with the front bumper of my F430. Now, I get Ferrari ownership is expensive, there are no surprises there, but I had a quote from a local dealership at 15k to replace/spray a new front bumper.

My question...is this pretty par for the course, or should I look into letting my other Ferrari guy do this and try to source out the part? I can find unsprayed OEM front bumpers for about 2-3k online. I can figure out that a quality spray job with installation not making up the remaining 12k.

Am I off base?

Cheers,
N
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 06-29-2015, 04:41 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 63
Not sure where you live, but here in New Hampshire (US), I paid less than a grand to have my new front bumper resprayed. It's an easy install to do it yourself, as well. Get the front end off the ground, remove front wheels and fender liners, the bumper hardware is easily visible. Open the trunk, remove the 3" (approximately) rubber caps on either side of the front of the trunk (there are 4 of them), there are two bolts on either side that you need to remove. There will also be a bunch of shims on the studs...remember where they go, and put them on the new bumper's studs. You'll also need to disconnect the headlight washer supply lines. Put on the new bumper and see how it fits...if it's not perfect, try adding or removing the shims until you get it right. It'll help to have two people to do the job, but I did it alone.

That is just a basic summary so you get the idea, if you decide to do it yourself, just ask for a more detailed description....

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode