I posted this same question on another forum and did not get any good answers. So, here is what I figured out.
On my car, it was coming off in patches, not even where the window slides up the post, but closer to the interior of the car. I was able to use my finger nail and gently rub off the velvet in a straight line, leaving the velvet where the window makes contact. Looks a lot better.
I was able to find a product to replace the velvet without removing the rubber seal ($1,500 for a new seal from Ferrari). The replacement product is available from a company called Tint Prtotectors and the product is called Moleskin. It is a very thin adhesive tape with the velvet attached. I ordered some last night, and expect it in this week. It should work, as long as the adhesive is VERY strong and stays connected to the rubber seal. Hope this helps.
Last edited by ncjetskier; 05-11-2015 at 06:43 AM.