360 Modena F1 - My next car I hope???? - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 12-24-2005, 02:34 PM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 1
360 Modena F1 - My next car I hope????

I am having sleepless nights justifying me selling my BMW and owning mine (and everyones elses) dream car ... a Ferrari.

I currently live in the UK and have found that owning one of these beauties is in within my reach, back in Australia where my main home is this would NEVER be possible due to the taxes etc that are imposed on imported cars.

I have many questions running around in my head and would like some advice/comment from anyone out there.

I would like to know how driveable these cars are as an everyday car, I would use it for upto 10K miles per year; in particulat the F1 model as from what I am told they make up 87% of all the 360 sold.

Would you recommend me hiring one for a weekend and seeing how I like it over a weekend before making any rash decisions? Or would I be wasting my time?

As I am not Rockafella I am looking at a 2000 or 2001 model and would like to know if there are any known problems/niggles that I should look out for. Also, how would you rate these cars when it comes to holding their value and also how sellable are they if that times comes when I have to go back to Oz .

Last question (I promise) for those of you in the UK, what would you say if you were offered a Category D car which was sent back to the Ferrari factory for a new body??

Sorry for the long winded post but my head is buzzing and need to get some of these things out there so I can make a decision ... to have my dream or not?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 12-25-2005, 12:52 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 298
red360, Suggest you take a look at the 360 Buyers Guide in the Members section. There are also quite a number of posts on 360 ownership which can be found by running a search.

On the Category D car, giving that 360's are coming down in price, I would be hesitant to go after a car that had been severely damaged. It will be very tough to sell later on.

Resources: Parts List | Buyer's Guides
post #3 of 4 Old 01-04-2006, 03:54 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 26
some of my 360 pics as a tease for you :-)

post #4 of 4 Old 01-04-2006, 08:44 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 89
Hello red360,

My opinion regarding purchasing a 360 at this time would be that it's better to hold off for a few years, maybe even four or five, to see how far prices on 360s come down. They are receiving plenty of pressure from newer models and I think the 430 is going to have the most effect on them. You might get a much better deal by holding off a small number of years. IMHO, I think the 360s are just about the last model of Ferrari's one should get into at this point- kind of like buying an expensive stock when prices are expected to drop over the next few years. Anyway, that is just my opinion regarding the market for 360s as I am not a 360 owner myself. I would suggest you browse the internet for reviews on the 360 by owners and ex-owners. When I first started looking into the 348 I first checked references from many resources on-line so that I now know the good, the bad, and the ugly about the 348, so to speak.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode