360 CS TCU -- Change in F1 Prime when opening driver door - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 04-19-2015, 08:39 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 419
CS TCU -- Change in F1 Prime when opening driver door

I recently installed the CS TCU and have been very pleased with the results. Transforms the way the car shifts. There are lots of posts of what the differences are and I am not going into the details here ... I bought the TCU out of Europe and was about half what the price here in US is.

Anyway, there is difference in the F1 pump priming cycle when opening the driver door.

As most of us are aware, if you open the driver door after say leaving the car overnight, the F1 pump begins a priming cycle. On my car that would take about 10 to 12 seconds. (I have read that owners have said it could be 8 seconds to 15 seconds ... just depends). After installing the CS TCU, when I open the driver door, the time the pump primes is only about 4 to 5 seconds. Then after turning the ignition key on, I notice the F1 warning light is illuminated. Also, the F1 pump starts priming again. This time, for maybe another 6 seconds or so until the system is pressurized, then the F1 light goes out. If I attempt to start the car when the F1 pump warning light is illuminated, the starter motor is isolated and it will not start. After the F1 light goes, out, then it will start.

The difference is that prior to the CS TCU, the pump would completely prime the system upon opening the driver door. After installing the CS TCU, opening the driver door only partially primes the system. The full pressure is not realized until after inserting the key and turning the ignition on.

This is not a big deal for me ... does not really bother me at all. Just curious .. especially you CS owners or others who have installed the CS TCU in their 360. Have others seen this?

Regards,

Steve
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 04-23-2015, 01:44 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 10
I noticed this as well, and I think its a good thing. There a times you need to open the door to get something out or when cleaning the car, so its good that it only does a partial prime. Less wear over time I'd hazzard to guess.
post #3 of 3 Old 09-08-2015, 03:12 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 31
It's not "Priming the System" when you open the door or when the pump cycles on.

It's "Pressurizing the System" Minimum pressure is 42 bar (600psi), Max is 60 bar (870psi)

Your not on the farm trying to hand pump water from the well........

"Political Correctness"

A doctrine, fostered by the minority, promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by the clean end.

Last edited by Sled Driver; 09-08-2015 at 03:32 PM.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode