F430 Upgrade to CCB front calipers - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 04-18-2015, 12:28 PM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 7
Upgrade to CCB front calipers

Hi all,

I have a 2006 F430 with standard steel brakes. From a visual perspective I have always felt the front brakes look too small for the car so I have been looking into upgrade options.

The obvious choice seems to be a Brembo GT kit for the front and I priced them up, but they are expensive over here in the UK and I didn't like the mismatched style between the front and back rotors (being a bit picky I know).

I got the opportunity to buy some F430 CCB front calipers that were in good shape for a bargain price so I went ahead and bought them.

My plan now is to buy the RacingBrake front steel rotor conversion with pads that fits the CCB calipers and matching rotors and pads for the standard back calipers so they all match up.

I just want some advice as to whether there is anything else I would need?

I guess I may need longer bolts to mount the CCB callipers to the car? Maybe different brake hoses too?

Given that the Brembo GT 6 piston kit doesn't require any brake servo upgrades or anything like that I'm hoping I won't need to for this either.

I'd appreciate any advice if anyone has done this.

Many thanks,
Adam
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 04-18-2015, 05:18 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 11,856
Adam- See answer on other site.

Taz
Terry Phillips

Present: 575M 135171
Past: Dino 246 GT 02984, 365 GTB/4 14009, 308 GTS 25125

Every day I look around, and if nobody is shooting at me, it is a pretty good day.
post #3 of 5 Old 04-18-2015, 05:32 PM Thread Starter

Hi Taz, hmm doesn't seem to have a reply on the other site for some reason. I saw your reply about colour code on my other thread so thanks for that

post #4 of 5 Old 04-18-2015, 08:28 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 11,856
Adam- Maybe that was someone else. Lots of brake questions today. There are different caliper bolts for the CCMs. The steel brake calipers use 8 of the same bolts for front and rear while the CCMs use 4 bolts different from the steel brakes for the front and 4 bolts different from either front set for the rears. Brake hoses appear to be the same (only one type in the parts catalog) for the fronts. The CCMs used a different master cylinder, but owners who have converted to CCMs report the steel brake master cylinder works fine with the CCMs, so should be ok for your half conversion.

Rear CCMs also have different parking brake calipers and pads if you decide to complete the set.

Taz
Terry Phillips

Present: 575M 135171
Past: Dino 246 GT 02984, 365 GTB/4 14009, 308 GTS 25125

Every day I look around, and if nobody is shooting at me, it is a pretty good day.
post #5 of 5 Old 04-19-2015, 01:23 AM Thread Starter

That's great, thank you for the reply Taz

I managed to get the part number for the CCM caliper bolts so will order those up, and I will fit some braided hoses anyway whilst the calipers are off

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode