F430 Buying a wrecked Ferrari - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 02-15-2015, 03:07 PM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 5
Buying a wrecked Ferrari

Hi everyone. First of all sorry for my bad english, but I will do my best.
I have a Question, I would be really happy if you can help me.
I can buy a used F430 in good technical state, but sadly its wrecked on front. For the inside parts and interior(airbags)and exterior like lights I will use genuine parts, but could I please ask you are they any 3rd party aftermarket parts for the F430 like the hood, front grill, side panels(I dont know whats it in english) or could I use those molded fibreglass aftermarket exterior parts? I know, really sadly I know its a shame, rude and unrespectful for a nice beauty ferrari F430 to done this But at least could you please give me some advice if it is at least possible? Please if you can leave your personal opinion aside and help me without beeing rude, I would be really happy. Thanks a lot.
I wish you a nice day
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 02-15-2015, 03:24 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,738
Likenoother, welcome to FL.

Seems like if you Google search for aftermarket parts for Ferrari F430, you would come across many vendors as such. One I found was BodyKits.com (?).

Not sure where you are situated but seems readily available. Good luck with your endeavor.

w/ smiles
Jimmy
post #3 of 10 Old 02-16-2015, 03:47 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 310
From my experience you can't straighten a chassis made from aluminium. Anything bent more than a few mm should be cut off and replaced. As far as bodyparts there are racing parts available as well as used original. Late model Ferrari parts are not expensive let's say compared to a premium brand german car. My rule of thumb is cheap car = expensive parts and vice versa. Rgds///Thomas

post #4 of 10 Old 02-16-2015, 04:18 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 4,516
Welcome. Your English is very good!

If the frame is straight, this may be helpful to you:

http://tinyurl.com/momdagb
post #5 of 10 Old 02-16-2015, 05:06 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,396
Quote:
Originally Posted by 360 Modena View Post
Welcome. Your English is very good!

If the frame is straight, this may be helpful to you:

Let me google that for you
I don't how you did this Al, but that is cool.

I remember years ago when the drop nose 911s came out.

If I had totally trashed front panels that necessitated cutting and welding the chassis, I would ponder redoing the 430 bumper and hood for a more aggressive look. Sort of something like the SCG003C?

Any thoughts?

Ferrari - Corsa/Nero 16M Past - 09 F430, 09 Cali
post #6 of 10 Old 02-16-2015, 08:01 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 4,516
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16M Down Under View Post
I don't how you did this Al, but that is cool.

I remember years ago when the drop nose 911s came out.

If I had totally trashed front panels that necessitated cutting and welding the chassis, I would ponder redoing the 430 bumper and hood for a more aggressive look. Sort of something like the SCG003C?

Any thoughts?
Hi David,
Sounds interesting as long as it doesn't turn into a Frankenstein model. I saw a thread where someone had installed flares on rear fenders of a 458, and it made the car look more aggressive, Like a wide-body Porsche (some would argue like a girl with big hips). I'm okay with Ferrari and Porsche mods (and some with big hips), if you plan to keep and enjoy the car. Purists may argue differently.

Here's the link I use to help people search ---> go here first: Let me google that for you

Then, enter your search argument, copy and send the results link.

I like the comment "Was that so hard?" in the search results.

Both Google and Apple programmers have a sense of humour; Microsoft's not so much.
post #7 of 10 Old 02-16-2015, 10:07 AM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 5
Thank you all for your replies, I really appreciate them
First of all, I know that I cannot do a lot about the chassis. It is Al, it will stay OEM. I need just the panels in front (all of them, side aswell). And I really hate to say this but : I really dont know why oficial Ferrari store said to me that its extremely expensive.... So I decided to do it myself... So my Q is can I put just the panels from any kit ? They are molded from a really F430. Yes, I am aware that it will be a kind of a Frankenstein, but the chassis and the inside will be still a ferrari just the panels I wanna do myself. I am from east Europe and here the Ferrari thinks about themselfs that they are the gods and they put price tags aprox twice as for example in USA I dont wanna feed those lamers
Is my idea possible to do? Just swap the panels for some 3rd aftermarket (molds?) If its needed for the accuracy I can change all side panels for the 3rd party aftermarket, even undamaged Thanks a lot and I really appreciate that you wanna help me and not just talk some silly thinks that bla bla bla...why I wanna destroy a F430 thanks I am fully avare that I will do a Frankenstein and change the rigidity of the chassis and panels. Thanks
Edit : the frame is all right and steering aswell I drove it at a parking lot and was feeling fine. it went nicely straight and even at acceleration and load was stable jst the front is KO and ABG of the driver is blown
Thanks for appreciating my English skills but its not so good
Edit2: I can google and I will. I know that there are a lot of aftermarkets producers for F430 exterior parts. I just wanna know if its even possible to replace OEM parts for aftermarket molded ones from a real car

Last edited by Likenoother; 02-16-2015 at 10:15 AM.
post #8 of 10 Old 02-16-2015, 12:34 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 11,858
See if Eurospares has an F430 they are breaking that has rear end damage. Many owners not used to mid-engines or F430 power end up going off the road backwards, so the odds are in your favor.

Taz
Terry Phillips

Present: 575M 135171
Past: Dino 246 GT 02984, 365 GTB/4 14009, 308 GTS 25125

Every day I look around, and if nobody is shooting at me, it is a pretty good day.
post #9 of 10 Old 03-27-2015, 12:18 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 66
Check in Germany

Enjoy your life
post #10 of 10 Old 03-27-2015, 01:32 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 115
Good Thread and language

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode