458 488 gtb - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 02-08-2015, 12:19 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 472
488 gtb

ma ma mia. i'm in love. it's a baby LaF. jmho, they took the mess of a specialé and performed a major major cleanup. everything ebbs and flows and all the proportions are really nice. well except maybe that side scoop (ode to 308) can be bumped down a few notches! it's huge!

i'm presuming that most who will be getting a 488, it would be an addition to right, since it's such a dramatic departure from the NA V8 of the 458 / 430 / 360 platform?

sound isn't too great from what i can hear on their release video, but i don't think it's a shocker since it's a turbo.

Attached Images

Last edited by alwin; 02-08-2015 at 01:04 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 02-08-2015, 12:24 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 151
This car is just amazing.Ok,the purists will say that it is turbocharged and won't sound as good as the natural aspirated 458,but just to refresh everyones memory,the greatest Ferrari ever,the F40,is turbocharged,though i think it will drive as a n/a but with much more low and mid range power.With this Ferrari,the McLaren 650S and Porsche 911 Turbo S stand no chance in winning in any kind of test.What do you think ?
post #3 of 4 Old 02-08-2015, 12:26 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 472

post #4 of 4 Old 02-08-2015, 12:34 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 151
What's your opinion on downsizing ? Personally,so far i think it's going the right way. I mean back then when the hybrid hypercars were introduced everyone ( in Greece,where i live,at least ) were saying "What's this ? A super-Prius ?" and when eventually they got to see what they are capable off,they turned to "Hybrid hypercars are the way to go".I think it's going to go this way with downsizing too...

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode