360 Super Cradle by Scuderia Audio - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 02-07-2015, 06:45 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 145
Super Cradle by Scuderia Audio

I have been scratching my head for awhile now, trying to figure out where to install a 1/2 DIN equalizer. There just isn't much room in our cars. The solution turned out to be the construction of a "super cradle", similar to my standard cradles, but with the ability to accommodate a 1/2 DIN equalizer. Additionally, I have raised the amplifier risers high enough for the passive crossover networks for the midrange and tweeters to fit underneath. So with this super cradle, you can mount your 500 Watt amplifier, both crossover networks, and an Arc Audio 7 band paragraphic equalizer inside of the unit. The EQ controls are in a perfect position, right at arms length, and since everything is in a central location, the wire runs are extremely short. I have sold quite a few of the standard cradles, but I am anticipating an onslaught of orders for these.
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 02-07-2015, 06:49 PM Thread Starter
Owner

I decided to go with two cooling holes in the side instead of one, simply because I now do all of my own Auto CAD design and CNC cutting, and in addition to the cradle being stronger, it just looks cool. I still have a cooling hole in the front, although it needed to be a bit smaller because of the equalizer. In reality, the amplifier doesn't need any cooling holes as it is class G/H switched and has its own cooling fan, but it doesn't hurt anything to have them there and it adds some flair to an otherwise plain design.
post #3 of 10 Old 02-08-2015, 07:15 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Complete and at the upholstery shop for some Tan Ferrari leather and stitching. I can't wait!!

post #4 of 10 Old 02-12-2015, 05:28 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Well..............
It looks like I'm going to have to wait a bit longer for my own super cradle.
I sent some pictures out of the cradle without the leather, and someone preordered it right out from under me. So, I had it wrapped in black leather/black stitching. I still have to insert the black powder coated aluminum expanded metal mesh inserts, but thought I'd snap a few phone pictures of the cradle in place before I did that and shipped it out. Not only is the fit absolutely perfect, the controls are at a perfect arm's length from the drivers seat.

Attached Images

post #5 of 10 Old 02-12-2015, 07:26 PM Thread Starter
Owner

The nice thing about making these with a CNC machine is that I don't have to keep making new little patterns for the expanded metal mesh as they are going to be cut exactly the same way each time.
Attached Images

post #6 of 10 Old 02-17-2015, 09:34 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Since another order came in, I decided to make two at the same time. Since I now make the cradles myself, the prices have dropped drastically.
Attached Images

post #7 of 10 Old 02-22-2015, 06:55 PM Thread Starter
Owner

In car photos of the finished product in tan.
Attached Images

post #8 of 10 Old 02-24-2015, 10:25 AM Thread Starter
Owner

A personal goal achieved last night. I took a water jet class a few weeks ago and used it for the first time (without the instructor) last night. I cut a bunch of cradle pieces. The pieces not on the mat are originals, the pieces on the mat were cut from 16ga steel. When I had to cut these by hand, I had to label them as pairs because the tongue has to fit into the groove with no play. Now that I have access to the water jet, I can just blast out several pieces and they will all fit perfectly.
It's not cheap ($3/minute) but this is miniscule to what I would have to pay a shop to laser these out for me.
Attached Images

post #9 of 10 Old 02-25-2015, 04:20 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 9,567
Very nice work. You could corner the exotic radio upgrade market.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #10 of 10 Old 03-08-2015, 11:01 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 2
It certainly is nice work. It looks very similar to the optional Bose amp set up for a 430
See item 3
https://www.bose.co.uk/GB/en/Images/...tcm6-66979.pdf

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode