Newbie Trying to decide on a 360 - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 09-29-2005, 12:15 PM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 5
Newbie Trying to decide on a 360

Hi there, and thanks in advance for any replies.

I'm in the investigation phase of getting a 360, which I believe is the ferrari best suited to me--at least I like the way it looks and out of everything I've read, it seems like the kind of driving car I like. I'll end up driving a few first, I'm sure, including a 355 since I know there's quite a subjective difference in the 2.

My first question is what year I should get. I believe I've read some past posts on this excellent board about earlier models having some terrific cam actuator problems the cost of which the owners might have to eat--I'm not interested in taking a risk on this. Any other mechanical idiosyncrasies or gotcha's with specific years?

Second, I'm in the Austin area, where there are plenty of Prius dealers but no Ferrari dealers--San Antonio is the closest, Houston next, then Dallas. Knowing I'll probably pay more for the car if I buy it at a dealer, is it worth the piece of mind and probable more obliging service attitude?

Thanks again
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 09-29-2005, 12:35 PM
Administrator
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,320
Hello and welcome to Ferrari Forum.

If you get a newer 360 ('03 or '04) there is a good chance the car will still have a warranty. You can also get an extended warranty for I believe around $7,000 which will give you piece of mind. If anything breaks just send it back to the dealer for repairs.

If you don't get it from a dealer be sure to have a Ferrari mechanic inspect the car before you buy it. Most mechanics will only charge around $200 - $300 for such a service. Buying from the dealer will mean this inspectition has been done. I would look at both dealer cars and private sellers. Don't limit yourself to just one or the other.

In regards to the 360. There were some changes over the years but I don't think one year is more ideal to have than another. All the 360s are solid cars.
post #3 of 4 Old 11-12-2005, 03:26 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 2
Still looking?

Holtjv,

Let me know if you're still looking. I just took delivery of a 360 myself, after shopping for almost a year! I might have some great feedback for you.

Don

post #4 of 4 Old 11-12-2005, 06:04 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 298
I would also suggest taking a look at the 360 Buyers Guide. It is posted in the Members Section.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode