360 My poor neglected 360 is in a very bad mood:( - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 01-29-2015, 03:10 AM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 2
My poor neglected 360 is in a very bad mood:(

My extremely neglected 2004 360 Spyder has been parked for 2 years without moving. I have been on a work trip overseas and simply not able to drive the car at all for this long.

I had paid for someone to look after the car ( start it up once a month for couple minutes and make sure all is well) only to find today, not ONCE they went to look at the car or start it, and that the cover had been taken out (or stolen) and I was never told! I am so furious. The condition of the car is beyond deplorable, cant describe. I really cant believe it.

Anyway, added to that, 2 extra big surprises. First there is mold inside everywhere (I think I can clean-up somehow with proper products and effort though I have no idea how this happened). Secondly, to my absolute shock and disbelief, just about EVERYWHERE, all the parts inside are sticky. Some literally "melting" if touched.. inside body panels, all plastics, most of the trim, door knobs, even electric buttons, ashtray cover and small things.. all of it. Its an absolute horror! I honestly CAN'T believe after all these years, with similar problems on most of the 80's and 90's Ferraris before, that Ferrari NEVER changed the stupid materials and formulation of these plastics and coatings and this happens yet again on the 360 car to such a horrifying extent. I am so at awe I honestly don't even know where to begin on how to fix all of it.

Anyway, this is actually the "good" news. Now the "bad" news. The car doesn't work because of an issue with the immobilizer.. (I think)..

Here are the chain of events this morning: I had left the battery (new one) disconnected for all the time the car was parked. When I reconnected the battery today, things came back to life, alarm chirp sounded, all lights good, all clear and OK on the dash, I could successfully arm/disarm the immobilizer and open/close remotely the doors.. all good. But when I tried start the car, as I expected the battery didn't have enough juice. It was enough to give the starter initially a couple very slow cranks but then got disengaged and just doing the "click click click" sound as all the lights in the dash dim. MY STUPID MISTAKE, I insisted this a few times knowing perfectly the battery was dead and that this procedure can fry electric parts, relays and fuses.

After this, I just decided to go buy a new battery and not even deal with trying to charge this older battery that probably was already in poor health. I turned off the master battery switch in the luggage compartment, removed the old battery, installed the new battery, then turned on the master battery switch again. To my worry I immediately noticed it seemed my remote was not actuating on and off the immobilizer or remotely opening/closing the doors as before. Then I tried to start-up the car (now the starter fired up in full force and healthy sound), but of course the engine doesn't start. I disconnected the battery again and waited about an hour and reconnected it. Same problem. No alarm chirp sound, no communication between the remote and the immobilizer.. nothing. All was working perfectly before I forced-tried to start the car with the low battery, but clearly something happened in the process.

I have tried all the basic things I know like replacing the battery on the remote, then trying to re-set communication between the immobilizer and the remote by pressing it 3 times quickly, and several times connecting and disconnecting the battery. All useless.

I know most of you guys are awesome at knowing these issues and have lots of more knowledge and experience that I don't have. Id be super appreciative of your advice and suggestions as to what I should do.. and I am also curious to know how and why this has happened..

And as for the whole car inside being a super-glue swamp, I don't even know where to begin. I am so frustrated and upset that I cant think straight at this point. Anyway.. first of all, the car needs to get running again.

Thanks again very much in advance for your advice on all this!
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 01-29-2015, 07:15 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 48
Man, this is terrible. I had a very similar experience with a stored car a couple decades ago and it ended up in court. Hopefully someone on the board knows how to troubleshoot the alarm. Mine doesn't beep when I click it, but it will disable the immobilizer and lock/unlock doors, so I've never paid much attention to it.
post #3 of 3 Old 01-29-2015, 07:26 AM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven_Cats View Post
Man, this is terrible. I had a very similar experience with a stored car a couple decades ago and it ended up in court. Hopefully someone on the board knows how to troubleshoot the alarm. Mine doesn't beep when I click it, but it will disable the immobilizer and lock/unlock doors, so I've never paid much attention to it.
Hi Steven_Cats and thanks for the reply. Your car not beeping when you click the remote but disabling the immobilizer and lock/unlocking doors only mean the alarm horn is bad or its internal backup batteries have expired. That's not a problem at all. In fact I prefer silence then the beeps The issue I have is that my immobilizer does not disarm at all nor the doors get locked or unlocked as before.. the whole system is at a stop right now and I have no idea what to do yet..

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode