F430 Novitec Rosso 430 Scuderia ??? - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 42 Old 01-19-2015, 11:55 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,738
Novitec Rosso 430 Scuderia ???

To those Scud lovers, I pose a question, never heard of Novitec Rosso 430 Scuderia myself,...what are your opinions, likes, dislikes, :thumbs down:, would like to hear your voices. Reasons ? There is one available here in southern Japan, that I have an inkling of interest. Don't know a thing yet. Just started exploring, German tuner (?), 740hp, charger or turbos (?) I'm no techky person.

w/ smiles
Jimmy
Attached Images

Last edited by Italian Lover; 01-19-2015 at 11:56 PM. Reason: spell
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 42 Old 01-20-2015, 12:29 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,232
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Chen Shiba DDS View Post
To those Scud lovers, I pose a question, never heard of Novitec Rosso 430 Scuderia myself,...what are your opinions, likes, dislikes, :thumbs down:, would like to hear your voices. Reasons ? There is one available here in southern Japan, that I have an inkling of interest. Don't know a thing yet. Just started exploring, German tuner (?), 740hp, charger or turbos (?) I'm no techky person.

w/ smiles
Jimmy
Jimmy,
they installed two mechanical compressors, centrifugal type.
See following link.

http://www.novitecgroup.com/rosso/en...ia/katalog.php

NOVITEC ROSSO - Ferrari 430 Scuderia 16M - Catalogo dei prodotti - novitecgroup.com

Fabio

PRESENT: 575 F1 HGTC ROSSO CORSA 2004' - MB CLS 350 CGI 2007'
PAST: 550 ROSSO CORSA 1998' - MB CLK 240 2002'
post #3 of 42 Old 01-20-2015, 12:32 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,396
Sorry Jimmy but this one is a big from me.

It looks ugly to me.

I am sure it is a fire breathing monster but the original 430 Scuderia is just great as it is. They are well balanced machines with plenty of drivable power. I will never be able to drive my 16M at it's full potential, so another 200 odd bhp would be wasted on me.

If it was a rare and collectible, historically significant model variant like an F40LM well that' would be a different story.

David

Ferrari - Corsa/Nero 16M Past - 09 F430, 09 Cali

post #4 of 42 Old 01-20-2015, 12:38 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Fabio, thanx.

w/ smiles
Jimmy
post #5 of 42 Old 01-20-2015, 12:41 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16M Down Under View Post
Sorry Jimmy but this one is a big from me.

It looks ugly to me.

I am sure it is a fire breathing monster but the original 430 Scuderia is just great as it is. They are well balanced machines with plenty of drivable power. I will never be able to drive my 16M at it's full potential, so another 200 odd bhp would be wasted on me.

If it was a rare and collectible, historically significant model variant like an F40LM well that' would be a different story.

David
David, I hear you. One :thumbs down:

Never thought I would be looking at this...but I am a tiny bit interested to these strange things. Oh well.

All comments welcome, + or -. Thanx in advance.

w/ smiles
Jimmy
post #6 of 42 Old 01-20-2015, 01:43 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 255
My honest feeling: I don't like the paint scheme and the wheels, I think 700+ HP for a Scud may make it a very dangerous car (the normal power is supposed to be controlled by electronics, but even like that you can feel the rear wheels going sideways on full acceleration), and this may be a nightmare to sell when the time comes.

If you're interested in a Scud, you know you can always contact Taka-san, he'll probably be pleased to give you a tour in his car.

By the way, I don't know how much they want for this car, but I'm thinking it may be close to what you'd need to get this:

http://ucar.carview.yahoo.co.jp/mode.../8379739413UC/

And if you want crazy performance, I'm pretty sure this would be much safer!
post #7 of 42 Old 01-20-2015, 02:07 AM
Owner

Quote:
Fabio, thanx.

w/ smiles
Jimmy
Jimmy,

this is the centrifugal compressor.
Attached Images

Fabio

post #8 of 42 Old 01-20-2015, 02:13 AM
Owner

The only Formula One car to use the centrifugal compressor mechanical (here you can clearly see the two rotors, the sides of the base) was unfortunate BRM 16 cyl at 135 degree on start fifties years.
Attached Images

Fabio

post #9 of 42 Old 01-20-2015, 02:58 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Fabio, appreciate your technical diagrams. Unfortunately, it is like showing a picture of a house plan to a cat ! All I understand is that they added certain devices to boost the power output.

w/ smiles
Jimmy
post #10 of 42 Old 01-20-2015, 03:00 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Franck, actually it is on par with normal Scud price range, probably because of the unusual character.

Style and overall appearance wise, my preference ends at 430.

w/ smiles
Jimmy
post #11 of 42 Old 01-20-2015, 09:11 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 624
Hi Jimmy I wouldn't be so quick to discount this car. I wouldn't be surprised if the graphics on the car are all decals that can be removed leaving a yellow scud with factory stripe. Very nice.

And the Novitec upgrades are very well done, although I agree it seems a little OTT. I did come across a F430 with this Novitec set up in Switzerland in the summer and it was awesome to say the least. Very hard to tell if the balance of the car has been spoiled without driving one. But I must say I wanted to get in the one I looked at. The sound was eyewatering.

Cheers
Michael

Current Fcars: 360 Modena
Gone but not forgotten: 360 Spider, 575M, F430.
Other stuff: '71 Holden GTS Monaro, '80 BMW Alpina B9, '74 Porsche Targa, Caterham, MB CL500, Land Rover Discovery.
post #12 of 42 Old 01-20-2015, 10:16 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Michael, I take your comment as a + ? I concur that such setup (tuning) is quite OTT, but then either I am such an individual or I am at the point of my life where "things" are not holding up well ?

The exact reasons aside, upon self analysis, I must conclude that I am going a bit banana lately.

Back to the topic on Novitec, just started to dip my finger, finding out more informations. Not that it is of any similar situations, years back when I was going through Porsche indoctrination of normal 964, 993, then 3.6 Turbo, TT ...I came across RUF. Did not know anyone who owned one and had no informations, but was interested. Things I heard were rumors and unsubstantiated comments. I still recall one comment that implied maintenance issues and requiring more than frequent tuning and so forth. Fast forward, I came across my current white RUF, went and saw it, price was a bit on high side relative to other Porsches, but something inside me liked the car. It was far from outstanding condition at the time of purchase. Issues were addressed and at the moment she runs beautifully. Compared to normal 993 TT, RUF has a different personality, shall I say...very wild ? Clutch is extremely light and sensitive, not exactly a relaxing drive, but quite exhilarating and blindingly fast.

It may be that this Novitec Scud version may have the same story to that. When I called the shop, I was expecting him to quote a higher price relative to normal Scud, but surprisingly it was not.

I sure cannot explain or reason as to why I am looking at this tuned Scud, let alone a Scud. Maybe it is a reflection of my unstable frame of mind. :steering wheel:

Thanx for your comment. Much appreciated.

w/ smiles
Jimmy
post #13 of 42 Old 01-20-2015, 10:31 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,526
I have seen 2 of these in the U.S. One was in Ron Tonkin in Portland with a supercharger pulley issue, it was a long wait for the parts needed to fix. Any "tuned" car is a potential nightmare, unless you have someone in your area that can work on it. Scuderia is still one of my favorite Ferrari's, but like has been mentioned above, what in the heck are you going to do with 740 hp? Do you have any areas that you can utilize the extra power? Probably not, so it would just be bragging rights.

Also you can see that the previous owner lost his arse on all those upgrades. A well sorted stock Scuderia will be a better value in the long run IMO.

2015 458 Speciale', 2014 F12, 2013 458 Rosso Scuderia (To be traded), 2012 MP4-12C, 2010 LP670 SV, 2010 Panamera Turbo, 2009 16M, 2009 Scuderia , 2008 CLK63 Cab., 2002 996 GT2, 1994 RX-7 R2
post #14 of 42 Old 01-20-2015, 10:53 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Mark, comments taken well with courage. Do see all your points there.

The shop with this Novitec apparently is the official agent for them here in Japan and he told me that this particular car was one owned by the Novitec owner (CEO, I presume) in Germany, therefore investing $$ was not a major concern there (?). If the car was owned by a regular individual, losing $$ may be very true.

There are concerns, indeed. Appreciate your thought here.

w/ smiles
Jimmy
post #15 of 42 Old 01-20-2015, 12:35 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,455
Jimmy, the backside with a tuned Ferrari is that it is very hard to get rid of. If you're in for a keeper, fine. You will have a crazy fast Scud. Other suggestions for crazy performance, the latest mid engined RUF? A twin turbo 458? A Noble? A Pagani? A Koenigsegg?

A standard Speciale would be my call.

Salve,
Capo

The bad news: Time flies
The good news: I'm the pilot

You cannot make life longer but you can make it wider and higher.
post #16 of 42 Old 01-20-2015, 11:46 PM
Owner

Jimmy, you may have missed those, since they're not advertised on Yahoo Japan:

http://www.fukuoka.ferraridealers.com/ja_jp/used

I personally think they're pretty nice, both with very low mileage and a pretty reasonable price, considering this is a Ferrari official dealer. For the grey one, the color being on the low profile side may explain the price?

PS: sorry, I can't seem to get the link to send you directly to the Scuds. You'll have to click on the Scud picture, then on リストに追加 (in the middle of the Ferrari circle), and then on 検索 (below the Ferrari circle).

Last edited by Furanku; 01-20-2015 at 11:55 PM.
post #17 of 42 Old 01-21-2015, 01:05 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 230
Dont like the looks and dont understand why you would want to ruin a great engine by adding a compressor.

Ferrari 430 Scuderia 2008/12
(Ferrari 355 GTS F1 -99)
(Ferrari 355 GTS F1 -98)
post #18 of 42 Old 01-21-2015, 02:06 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furanku View Post
Jimmy, you may have missed those, since they're not advertised on Yahoo Japan:

http://www.fukuoka.ferraridealers.com/ja_jp/used

I personally think they're pretty nice, both with very low mileage and a pretty reasonable price, considering this is a Ferrari official dealer. For the grey one, the color being on the low profile side may explain the price?

PS: sorry, I can't seem to get the link to send you directly to the Scuds. You'll have to click on the Scud picture, then on リストに追加 (in the middle of the Ferrari circle), and then on 検索 (below the Ferrari circle).
Franck, thanx for the tip. Looks like sold. Cannot understand why all of the photos are blurred like that though.

w/ smiles
Jimmy
post #19 of 42 Old 01-21-2015, 02:09 AM
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by johan6504 View Post
Dont like the looks and dont understand why you would want to ruin a great engine by adding a compressor.
I agree ....

Fabio

post #20 of 42 Old 01-21-2015, 03:18 AM
Owner

Quote:
Franck, thanx for the tip. Looks like sold. Cannot understand why all of the photos are blurred like that though.

w/ smiles
Jimmy
What makes you think the cars are sold? By the way, I see one or two blurred pictures, the rest of it are perfectly fine!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode