360 Monster Car Audio Install by Scuderia Audio - Page 2 - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 33 Old 02-22-2015, 05:58 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 145
So I was able to get the wiring complete to the power distribution blocks, and have the polycarbonate cover upholstered to match. When the cover is on it looks totally stealth and unassuming. Tomorrow I have to spec out some harsh environment, low voltage connectors as I do not want cables running straight from the bottom of the power distribution blocks to the amplifiers.
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 33 Old 03-03-2015, 07:42 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Sorry for the lack of recent progress. Orders have been flying in... and the customer always comes first!

Attached Images

post #23 of 33 Old 03-03-2015, 04:16 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 9,567

post #24 of 33 Old 03-04-2015, 12:19 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by wetpet View Post
congrats! I knew they would.

Thanks!
The orders from FerrariLife are actually still slow as people are not used to seeing the multitude of build threads I posted while on FChat. I am actually still getting FChat orders even though I have been banned for life from there (funny!). Several orders a month come in from just Google searches as I paid an SEO expert to make sure that any search that entails "Ferrari Car Stereo" or "Ferrari Car Audio" (or something to that effect) allows Scuderia Audio to come up on the first page.
post #25 of 33 Old 10-25-2015, 06:09 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 90
Having been through a legal battle for over a year, I thought I might lose my Ferrari there for awhile. I ended up getting through it. So, I have resumed working on my monster system. I just completed wiring up the amplifier board this evening. In an effort to keep the system totally modular, I used Deutsch connectors extensively. Little buggers are expensive! So all the wiring is run throughout the car, the trunk area is complete and the amp board is complete. All that remains is to install the new midrange and tweeters, the new amplifier cradle with the Arc Audio XEQ equalizer and the new media only head unit.
Attached Images

post #26 of 33 Old 12-01-2015, 05:35 PM

So the midrange and tweeters are taken care of, including running 14 gauge wire into the doors. The amp cover is almost complete. The false floor is complete. Instead of installing glass in the six inserts for the amp cover, I purchased the same welded wire mesh that is in the rear fenders and the front challenge grills. I think that would look pretty cool and match the current motif as well. I'm in the middle of installing the head unit right now, but none of the three wiring harness adapters work, not even close. I can easily switch the wires to get it to work, but would like to find a true "plug and play" wiring harness for my customers.
Attached Images

post #27 of 33 Old 12-09-2015, 06:47 PM

I got the wiring harness sorted out. Turns out there is more than one incantation of the "1784" model harness. You have to order the "Becker" version. Now that that's out of the way, I was able to cut the stainless steel welded metal mesh, then secure each piece underneath with some aluminum angle. Much better for ventilation than glass covers as well.
Attached Images

post #28 of 33 Old 12-29-2015, 05:32 PM

So, this update doesn't have any images. Over the course of the holidays, I was able to complete the system. I drove the car out to my brother so he could "tune" the system. Well, we ran into some troubles. One of the six amplifiers was DOA right out of the gate. I purchased two "demo" units as they didn't have enough new ones in stock at the time, and one of these never turned on. I am returning both of these tomorrow morning for new ones. Also, my brother tried tuning the system but the five sub amplifiers had some issues with the low end signal. He kept saying that he couldn't get enough input signal to the amps. The next day I went online and read the "advanced" manual for the head unit, and there is an adjustment for the output signal for every source. The USB source was set to zero, so I cranked it up to 14dB, turned the system on, turned up the volume to about one third, and blew my face off - and that's with one amp missing and only eight subs. When I bolt in the two new amps tomorrow afternoon, we should have all 3000 Watts and all ten subs firing, then my brother will take another crack at tuning the system.
Stay tuned... (har har) :-)
post #29 of 33 Old 12-30-2015, 05:57 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,872
Garage
post #30 of 33 Old 12-30-2015, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave rocks View Post
Mike, the workmanship looks top notch - great job

Thanks!!
I installed the two new amps this afternoon. We spent about an hour tuning the system. It's pretty cool: if you turn the volume up, the sound pressure will move your hair, move your clothes and shake the car - and that's with only two of the ten subwoofers firing! With all 10 firing it's just ridiculous. There is no way you could listen to that without hearing protection. Crazy sound pressure.
post #31 of 33 Old 01-10-2016, 06:27 PM

Since the enclosures are a bit smaller than the recommended size for the subwoofers, I lined all five with polyester fiber fill. The bass response has tightened up and now there is more sound pressure.
post #32 of 33 Old 10-16-2017, 02:48 PM

Some cool updates to share.
I replaced all of the pillow stuffing filler with that new Black Hole filler (which looks like shredded Levi's jeans material) but have not tested it yet. I basically destroyed those two Braille batteries by cycling them too often. I ordered two Lithium replacements (same form factor but you can deep cycle them over 800 times) at over a thousand dollars a piece!! Waiting for them to arrive before I reinstall the massive subwoofer box. Also purchased and installed one of those Mosconi digital signal processors (4 to 6). This thing is awesome but takes awhile to set up. There are no controls on the actual unit, you do everything by connecting it to your laptop and running software you download from their site.
The biggest difference in sound was when I swapped out the Focal 5 1/4" midranges for their 6 1/2" version. It sounds 10 times better!! Since it takes a little bit of cutting and drilling, I made a video to help others:
I also completely Dynamatted both the doors and the door cards, definitely improves the sound!
:-)
post #33 of 33 Old 10-30-2017, 10:05 AM

The lithium batteries were slightly larger than their lead acid counterparts and required some modifications to the aluminum bracket that held them into place.
Attached Images

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode