360 Scuderia Audio introduces Focal Components - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 11-27-2014, 10:47 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 145
Scuderia Audio introduces Focal Components

The stainless adapter plates finally passed through both the machine shop and the welder and so I am able to offer this kit for our Focal fans. Check out the video to see how incredibly easy it is to install these components in your 360 or 430 using the Scuderia Audio kit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAIIuZ704ts

Thanks!

Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 11-28-2014, 01:15 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 135
excellent !

2008 430 Scuderia
2003 360 Modena
post #3 of 9 Old 11-28-2014, 02:17 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,526
And why Ferrari can't step up with this is amazing. Easy fix, have a few audio upgrade options available for customers.

2015 458 Speciale', 2014 F12, 2013 458 Rosso Scuderia (To be traded), 2012 MP4-12C, 2010 LP670 SV, 2010 Panamera Turbo, 2009 16M, 2009 Scuderia , 2008 CLK63 Cab., 2002 996 GT2, 1994 RX-7 R2

post #4 of 9 Old 11-29-2014, 11:01 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by markjayw View Post
And why Ferrari can't step up with this is amazing. Easy fix, have a few audio upgrade options available for customers.

Ferrari does have some upgrade options. The trouble is, the components are dirt cheap. Thin plastic enclosures, paper coned speakers passing as subwoofers, 60 Watt "boosters" posing as actual amplifiers. And the prices are stratospheric. It's a wonder anybody buys that stuff.
For the same price as Ferrari's "hi-fi" option (which is essentially what I posted above) you can get an 8", high quality subwoofer in an ultra solid, gorgeous enclosure with matching OEM Ferrari leather and stitching, a high end 500 Watt amplifier in a fantastic looking amplifier cradle with the same matching Ferrari leather, and top of the line midrange and tweeters, all installable by any DIYer in a couple of hours. And the sound... Oh my goodness!! You just have to hear one of the Scuderia Audio systems to believe it. The bass is tight, clean, clear, crisp and will definitely move your hair if you turn the volume up loud enough. I have already sold dozens of these systems worldwide.
post #5 of 9 Old 11-30-2014, 10:31 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 9,567
post #6 of 9 Old 11-30-2014, 11:44 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScuderiaAudio View Post
...and top of the line midrange and tweeters
...what is the price for the midrange speakers, tweeters and the custumized mounting parts as shown in thread #1?

Thanks,
Jamarico
post #7 of 9 Old 11-30-2014, 06:51 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamarico View Post
...what is the price for the midrange speakers, tweeters and the custumized mounting parts as shown in thread #1?
Thanks,
Jamarico

It depends on how you want to do the tweeters. Those little black plastic triangles have gone up from $100 apiece to $200 apiece! If I supply those, the entire kit is $1000. If you want to drill out your own triangles, the price drops to $600. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that I am really not making any money here. In fact, if you want to pay for the shipping both ways, I'll drill out your black plastic triangles and epoxy in the new tweeters as a free service.
post #8 of 9 Old 12-01-2014, 07:18 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScuderiaAudio View Post
It depends on how you want to do the tweeters. Those little black plastic triangles have gone up from $100 apiece to $200 apiece! If I supply those, the entire kit is $1000. If you want to drill out your own triangles, the price drops to $600. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that I am really not making any money here. In fact, if you want to pay for the shipping both ways, I'll drill out your black plastic triangles and epoxy in the new tweeters as a free service.
$200 for a simple piece of plastic? Completely crazy ;-)
I'll consider your offer to rework my triangles.

I've currently installed a BECKER Cascade pro 7941 with:
Music output 4 x 30 watts;
RMS output 4 x 18 watts
5-band equalizer

I don't need high end quality in the FCar because I'm listening to the beautiful high rev sound most of the time ;-)

But I'd expect a significant improvement listenting to the Focal speakers compared to the cheap sh** OEM speakers...do you have any experience regarding sound quality by upgrading only the door speakers?

Thanks
Marco
post #9 of 9 Old 12-01-2014, 07:47 AM Thread Starter
Owner

You will hear much more of a difference in sound with the 7941 and the Focals than you would if you swapped components using the stock Becker head unit. The new speakers along with slightly more power will result in a sound that is richer and with more dynamic range. Obviously you will hear more of a difference with the engine off. The night/day difference always comes from a sub. Remember that the Ferrari OEM "hi-fi" option is nothing more than a 60 Watt booster driving a single, paper coned 5 1/4" speaker with bass coming out of it - and even that upgrade is a night/day difference over the stock setup. I'm not trying to talk you into spending more money, I'm just saying that there is only so much that midrange and tweeters can do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamarico View Post
$200 for a simple piece of plastic? Completely crazy ;-)
I'll consider your offer to rework my triangles.

I've currently installed a BECKER Cascade pro 7941 with:
Music output 4 x 30 watts;
RMS output 4 x 18 watts
5-band equalizer

I don't need high end quality in the FCar because I'm listening to the beautiful high rev sound most of the time ;-)

But I'd expect a significant improvement listenting to the Focal speakers compared to the cheap sh** OEM speakers...do you have any experience regarding sound quality by upgrading only the door speakers?

Thanks
Marco

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode