360 Ferrari Infotainment System - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 Old 10-08-2014, 11:51 AM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 33
Ferrari Infotainment System

Ferrari have announced the availability of a Ferrari branded infotainment system for the 360 and 430. I believe they are priced around $1400 standard and $1500 for the back up camera versions.
Alan

Ferrari Genuine introduces you the new dimension of infotainment
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 10-08-2014, 01:21 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,340
Nice info Alan, thanks for sharing. The camera backup version is definitely something good to have as I learned this in the hard way some years ago! I'm wondering how sized the camera is and how it's integrated at the rear of the car.
post #3 of 14 Old 10-09-2014, 03:17 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 5
I've read on FC that the unit is Clarion NZ-503 and it's less than 500$

post #4 of 14 Old 10-09-2014, 04:13 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by StefVan View Post
Nice info Alan, thanks for sharing. The camera backup version is definitely something good to have as I learned this in the hard way some years ago! I'm wondering how sized the camera is and how it's integrated at the rear of the car.
Maybe in a license frame.
Alan
post #5 of 14 Old 10-09-2014, 04:14 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamal View Post
I've read on FC that the unit is Clarion NZ-503 and it's less than 500$
I'll check that out. Ferrari 'tax" again??
Alan
post #6 of 14 Old 10-09-2014, 04:19 AM Thread Starter

Looks very much like the Ferrari one. I guess the advantage of the OEM is that it fits the factory harness.
Alan
Attached Images

Last edited by English Rebel; 10-09-2014 at 04:34 AM.
post #7 of 14 Old 10-10-2014, 01:58 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 5
It seems that besides the plug and play it also comes with 360/430 face plates for a more OEM look.
I will call my dealership to see if it's available yet. I think it's worth paying more to keep it OEM, also you can revert any time to the standard becker.
post #8 of 14 Old 10-10-2014, 07:35 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 472
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamal View Post
It seems that besides the plug and play it also comes with 360/430 face plates for a more OEM look.
I will call my dealership to see if it's available yet. I think it's worth paying more to keep it OEM, also you can revert any time to the standard becker.
Ya but it still looks aftermarket...The unit still jutts out by half an inch (collapsed mode).

The rear view camera is also super basic, shows only a rear image. No pathway trajectory or proximity indicators for obstacles etc
post #9 of 14 Old 10-17-2014, 04:43 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwin View Post
Ya but it still looks aftermarket...The unit still jutts out by half an inch (collapsed mode).

The rear view camera is also super basic, shows only a rear image. No pathway trajectory or proximity indicators for obstacles etc
Do you know that from experience as they have only just been released or from the Clarion one?
Alan
post #10 of 14 Old 10-17-2014, 10:42 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 472
Quote:
Originally Posted by English Rebel View Post
Do you know that from experience as they have only just been released or from the Clarion one?
Alan
Yes, i got to play w an installed unit on a local regular 430. The camera just shows an image of the rear...no trajectory or guidepost lines etc. If you have parking sensors, then those beeps are all you're going to get in terms of proximity warnings.

The faceplate for the 430 itself sticks out of the center by 3/4 to an inch, then the clarion unit itself sticks out another half an inch. Because of that, in my own personal opinion, it looked very aftermarket.

I was bummed out.
post #11 of 14 Old 10-18-2014, 05:41 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwin View Post
Yes, i got to play w an installed unit on a local regular 430. The camera just shows an image of the rear...no trajectory or guidepost lines etc. If you have parking sensors, then those beeps are all you're going to get in terms of proximity warnings.

The faceplate for the 430 itself sticks out of the center by 3/4 to an inch, then the clarion unit itself sticks out another half an inch. Because of that, in my own personal opinion, it looked very aftermarket.

I was bummed out.
I believe that they are coming out with an integrated face plate for the 430 same as the 360 to include window switches so it is more like OEM as they have had a lot of criticism such as yours.
Alan
post #12 of 14 Old 10-18-2014, 09:42 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 28
Wonder if I can purchase just the faceplate for my NZ-503?

Let me guess, it's $600!
post #13 of 14 Old 10-18-2014, 10:42 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary R. View Post
Wonder if I can purchase just the faceplate for my NZ-503?

Let me guess, it's $600!
Yes you can and it's not a bad price from memory, check with your dealer. I have the price (UK) at work if you need me to confirm.

I would just say that as mentioned the 430 faceplate does stick out a lot and looks a bit aftermarket - this is totally due to the vents on the 430 as the 360 version integrates well. I understand Ferrari is working to address this problem. With regards to fitment, my understanding is that the Ferrari unit is exactly the same as the standard unit except for the Ferrari logo on the edge of the screen and the addition of a Ferrari home screen logo - the stock unit allows any owner to add a personalized home screen so a similar image could be added to the stock unit. The connectors are unchanged.

'SCUD' Verb. To move fast as if driven by the wind.
post #14 of 14 Old 10-19-2014, 07:46 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell996 View Post
Yes you can and it's not a bad price from memory, check with your dealer. I have the price (UK) at work if you need me to confirm.

I would just say that as mentioned the 430 faceplate does stick out a lot and looks a bit aftermarket - this is totally due to the vents on the 430 as the 360 version integrates well. I understand Ferrari is working to address this problem. With regards to fitment, my understanding is that the Ferrari unit is exactly the same as the standard unit except for the Ferrari logo on the edge of the screen and the addition of a Ferrari home screen logo - the stock unit allows any owner to add a personalized home screen so a similar image could be added to the stock unit. The connectors are unchanged.
Thanks Russell, I will look into it as the look with the screen closed is the only negative about the NZ-503 to me.. so I leave the screen open!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode