F430 First contact with my F dealership - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 10-03-2014, 11:39 AM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 5
First contact with my F dealership

First of all i would like to say hello ! I'm the happy owner of a recently bought 07 F430 F1 Coupe.

I just had my car serviced at the dealership and i am a bit confused about the work that has been done. I've paid 1400euros - 340 euros for 10L of oil and 720 euros for 6 hours of labor, the rest in filters and small stuff.

So for this price i've got : Oil changed, air filters changed, polen filter changed.
They have not touched the e-diff nor the F1 oil and when i asked why they said that they only change the F1 oil when replacing the clutch (keep in mind that this is the official F dealer). I have not asked about the e-diff as being novice i did not have time to research everything in terms of maintenance. Also they did not change the hidraulic oil nor the brake fluid.

What concerns me the most is that they said they don't change the F1 oil only when they replace the clutch. My cluth has around 76% left from their SD3 reading so that will take some time until it will need to be changed as i've read most things related to it and i know what to avoid doing.

My car will go again at the dealer the next week as i need to change the old belt and tensioners, also i have a hairline fracture on one of the exhaust brackets that will be changed. I know about capristo headers and their exhaust bracket kit and it's all budgeted for spring as i won't use the car so much this year.

What should i ask the dealer to do ? I find the price a bit steep to be honest. I mean i knew that a normal service would be around 1500 euros but i expected to have everything changed, not 3 filters and oil...

Not to mention that 4 liters of Shell Helix Ultra cost around 30 euros and i payed 34 euros / liter at the dealer.

Well, that's about it. Any input would be greatly appreciated !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 10-03-2014, 03:24 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 4,516
Congrats and welcome to the forum. I'd change the brake fluid annually. It doesn't sound like you got a full service. Or a good price, for that matter.

Last edited by 360 Modena; 10-06-2014 at 07:46 AM.
post #3 of 11 Old 10-04-2014, 03:29 AM Thread Starter

How does the price sound for you guys? Are 6 hours of labor just about right for oil change with air filters and polen filter? To be honest I was expecting to pay that price with edif and f1 fluids changed also...

Since this was my first service I am trying to figure things out...

Thank you!

post #4 of 11 Old 10-04-2014, 07:21 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 80
I would take it elsewhere next time. Not sure what is normal for your part of the world, but that price would be highway robbery here in Canada for an oil change and filters.
post #5 of 11 Old 10-04-2014, 07:59 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,392
That is very steep. But from Bucharest you may not have that many options. Everything I would recommend is far, far away.

Onno

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Future: No idea
Present: 458 Italia, 550 Maranello
Past: 365BB x 2,
330GTC
post #6 of 11 Old 10-04-2014, 09:59 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 9,567
can't imagine that taking more than 2 hrs. But, hey, I'm no mechanic.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #7 of 11 Old 10-05-2014, 05:35 AM Thread Starter

I must say that i'm disappointed, to say the least
I was expecting to have a full service for how much i've payed.

I will speak with them the coming week when i will get my belt changed but i'm already open to recommendations ! I could go to Hungary or Austria for my next service, warmup KFT in Budapest perhaps ?

I don't mind paying, i understand these costs come with this type of car and it's ok but i want a job done right with everything taken care of, not 2 filters and one oil change. Not to mention the price they charge for the oil itself ! 340euro for 10L of Helix Ultra 5w40 ? It's offensive to be honest when everyone knows a 4L can of that is around 30 euros...

There are no other options in Romania as far as i know, nothing official at least. Closest one is in Budapest.

Anyways, let me know if you have something for me @JazzyO

Last edited by Jamal; 10-05-2014 at 05:42 AM.
post #8 of 11 Old 10-05-2014, 08:34 AM
Owner

I can understand your disappointment. If this is what happens with the easy stuff, what happens with the important stuff.....??? My experience is that dealers that charge lots also are not very knowledgeable and do bad work in general. Strange how that works.

It's not a bad idea to do maintenance work away from your dealer and only use them if you can't avoid it. Vitalone lives in Jersey and takes his 550 to Holland annually (900kms north). I don't know any dealers in the neighbourhood, unfortunately - I know some German and Swiss dealers by reputation and Dutch and English dealers by personal experience.

One option could also be to go find other F-owners in Romania and see if you can pool your resources. You could have your cars transported to Italy - say - once a year, have them serviced, arrive two weeks later and take the cars for a holiday there and then drive them back. That at least limits the mileage and sure is a great way to enjoy the cars. Sharing a transporter will make it much cheaper to do this. And if the services are this expensive it may be only a little more expensive to do it that way. But you will have to make sure that you absolutely trust the transport company.

Sorry I can't be more help.

Onno

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

330GTC
post #9 of 11 Old 10-08-2014, 12:19 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 33
Annual service involving oil and filter change and brake fluid flush should run about $900 at a dealer. Air filters and pollen filters should run around $140 and labor to replace them -- 15 - 20 minutes. I think you were overcharged.
Alan
post #10 of 11 Old 10-26-2014, 09:57 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 104
Your first mistake is taking it to a Ferrari dealer. Their sole function is to relieve as much cash as possible from unsuspecting Ferrari enthusiasts.

Find an independent.

Ciao

Dino
TR, F40, Mondialt cab, 308QV, 348 Challenge, CS
post #11 of 11 Old 10-26-2014, 11:21 PM
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ingenere View Post
Your first mistake is taking it to a Ferrari dealer. Their sole function is to relieve as much cash as possible from unsuspecting Ferrari enthusiasts.

Find an independent.
Not every country has such options available. I suspect in Romania independents are more scarce than dealerships.

Onno

330GTC

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode