360 Need help with CEL fault codes please P1135, P0152, P0154. - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 09-21-2014, 09:10 PM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 66
Need help with CEL fault codes please P1135, P0152, P0154.

Hello to everyone. Requesting help from the experts here.

I had a CEL for about a month now and I thought it was attributed to my fuel pump failure (cracked and leaking fuel) so I just told the dealer to look the fault codes once they get done replacing my left fuel pump and all 4 roll over valves. (I will create a separate post on that later to share knowledge and info with everyone. (note: I am familiar with the gas cap tightness issue so I always ensure my gas cap is really tight)

Dealer said they cleared the CEL fault codes but it came back after the test drive so they asked me if I want them to fix it or leave it alone for now so I can enjoy driving my car before summer ends. So I took my car back from them after they replaced the left fuel pump and 4 roll over valves (right fuel pump replaced 5 months ago.)

My car is a 2003 360 Spider purchased 6 months ago with 10K miles. I now have 17,500 miles as I love to drive.

At any rate, here are the fault codes and dealer notes:

"Scanned vehicle and found the following fault codes. P1135, P0152 & P0154 for oxygen sensor / air flow sensor errors. None related to fuel system".

I checked the posted 360 ECU fault codes here but somehow I cant find P1135. 152 and 154 are indeed oxygen sensor errors.

I talked to the dealer chief mechanic Mark and he is thinking its possible air flow meters are either dirty or going bad as my car is over 10 years old. He said try and swap the MAFS and see if the fault follows. I will try this soon, for now I will enjoy driving my car while weather is nice. Engine runs perfect.

Just asking here if anyone has any experience with these fault codes or can share some troubleshooting techniques or possible source of the fault codes being thrown.

Thanks very much in advance.

Dan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 09-21-2014, 09:43 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 11,858
Dan- On the F430, P1135 is an oxygen sensor heater issue. Not sure if it is the same on the 360. You will need one of the pros for that.

Taz
Terry Phillips

Present: 575M 135171
Past: Dino 246 GT 02984, 365 GTB/4 14009, 308 GTS 25125

Every day I look around, and if nobody is shooting at me, it is a pretty good day.
post #3 of 8 Old 09-22-2014, 02:22 PM Thread Starter

Got it.

Thanks for your input Taz!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazandjan View Post
Dan- On the F430, P1135 is an oxygen sensor heater issue. Not sure if it is the same on the 360. You will need one of the pros for that.

post #4 of 8 Old 09-23-2014, 12:19 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,339
Hi Dan, as Terry mentioned, P1135 is indeed a heated oxygen sensor heater circuit malfunction on bank 1. It looks like you have a faulty oxygen sensor because it's not reaching it's operating temperature of 1200F in the expected laps of time. If I'm not mistaken, it's the downstream O2 sensor. Try to swap them between both banks and check if the error codes move to bank 2. Hope you'll find out your issue soon.
post #5 of 8 Old 09-23-2014, 12:42 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,833
It is saying you have a heater fault in the right bank upstream sensor and no activity and high voltage in the left bank upstream sensor. I have seen so many intermittent faults in o2 sensors made since the 90's from what was once a great company, Bosch I don't even try and diagnose them any more. Waste of time. Problem is it is also a Bosch ECU monitoring the system and they have been very fussy about other brands so I suggest using Bosch replacements.

The micro relays have also been known to cause O2 heater faults.

Even with good sensors you may still get a high voltage error on the right bank from another cause.

Your dealer said it was an air flow meter issue? The high voltage error can be related to that but that is a bit of a jump with malfunctioning O2's.

Last edited by Brian; 09-23-2014 at 12:57 PM.
post #6 of 8 Old 09-29-2014, 08:14 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the great info Stef and Brian.

I will try and find the heated oxygen sensors. I will swap connections and see if the fault follows.

Thanks again.

Dan
post #7 of 8 Old 09-29-2014, 09:17 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 10
I've had 0152 & 0132 codes after I change 360 stock cats to straight pipes. Replace both 02 sensors but cel return. Replace straight pipes back to stock cats and touch wood, no cel so far.
post #8 of 8 Old 10-06-2014, 04:57 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for sharing info Charles.

I have stock cats, Tubi exhaust. Tubi owners with stock cats informed me they get no CEL. I will check O2 sensors next.

Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlesw View Post
I've had 0152 & 0132 codes after I change 360 stock cats to straight pipes. Replace both 02 sensors but cel return. Replace straight pipes back to stock cats and touch wood, no cel so far.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode