360 CS - central locking KO and the ever illuminated power window switches- PLZ HELP!!!!! - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 08-06-2014, 05:35 AM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 109
CS - central locking KO and the ever illuminated power window switches- PLZ HELP!!!!!

guys i have a similar thread on the other forum and need as much help as possible.....so please help me out guys....

1) guys the first photo shows the ever illuminating lights on the power window switches! they never turn off and drain the battery ;

2) the second photo- the orange plug which connects to the lock/unlock button- doesn't seem to operate the locking mechanism....another fchatter (driviprdds), had similar issues in his 430 whereby the plugs on his switches were plugged in the reverse...however in the CS there is only one switch and plug so doesn't look like it can be plugged in wrongly or in the reverse;

3) third photo- the white plugs are connected to the power window switches (which work the power windows alright but the lights don't seem to turn off)

my car can't seem to lock/unlock using the lock button from the middle console. nor does it lock/unlock by me using the remote control......(been doing so manually with the keys and the guys at Ferrari told me believe it or not, change the locking mechanism!!!!!!)

i kinda had a hunch it was related with the power button switch lights not going off (because when i disconnect/reconnect the battery, the locks on both doors seem to lock and unlock a few times by itself simultaneously - even so when i pull the power window fuses and put them back on...they keep clicking "lock, unlock, lock" a few times so i knew the locking mechanism and its motors were fine).......pretty sure they're all connected but can't figure out how.... my suspicion is even strengthened by driviprdds who posted with similar symptoms but in a different car (430 which has two switches for the locking mechanism as opposed to only one in the CS)

so anyone with any clue what could be the issue?

thanks a lot guys for reading through the above and thanks in advance to those who might be able to help
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 08-06-2014, 06:33 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,339
It looks like one of the micro-switches located inside the doors has worn out. I would start checking there by removing the door panels.
post #3 of 11 Old 08-06-2014, 04:20 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by StefVan View Post
It looks like one of the micro-switches located inside the doors has worn out. I would start checking there by removing the door panels.
thanks Stef,

any diagrams or photos of what this micro-switch looks like? what is the function of this switch?

cheers

post #4 of 11 Old 08-06-2014, 05:34 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 226
Garage
Here is a link and picture
https://www.google.com/search?q=ferr...ml%3B500%3B375
Attached Images

post #5 of 11 Old 08-08-2014, 04:19 AM Thread Starter

which are the micro switches which should be looked into...apparently there are more than one.....
in the 1st diagram , its #10 # 19 and #34.....

2nd diagram it's #51
Attached Images

post #6 of 11 Old 08-09-2014, 10:53 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 2
Hey again Bikz. Now i understand what you said about illuminated power window switches. I dont have that in my Mondena. Its 2-3 micro-swiches in the door. The one conected to the doorhandel , let the window go down 1-2 cm before you open the door. You want to look at the other micro -switches.
post #7 of 11 Old 08-09-2014, 05:31 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 76
Garage
I had a similar problem with my 360, I would check the micro switch fixing rather than the switch itself, the way they are fixed is poor and they become lose very easy. Maybe one is trapped and itís closing the circuit.
post #8 of 11 Old 08-10-2014, 02:06 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 2
Racecomp: your doorlock was not working? Because of a micro-switch was bad? I have to open up the doors again, and check.
post #9 of 11 Old 08-12-2014, 09:21 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by byebye911 View Post
Hey again Bikz. Now i understand what you said about illuminated power window switches. I dont have that in my Mondena. Its 2-3 micro-swiches in the door. The one conected to the doorhandel , let the window go down 1-2 cm before you open the door. You want to look at the other micro -switches.

so you're telling me look at the ones connected to the door or the other micro switches?

post #10 of 11 Old 08-12-2014, 09:22 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by racecomp View Post
I had a similar problem with my 360, I would check the micro switch fixing rather than the switch itself, the way they are fixed is poor and they become lose very easy. Maybe one is trapped and itís closing the circuit.
thanks mate.....will check them all.....like byebye911 asked above, did your power window switches also keep constantly illuminate?

post #11 of 11 Old 08-19-2014, 06:19 PM Thread Starter

guys i had the master switch turned off for about 5 days when i had went away on a trip....upon returning and turning it back on, everything worked....central locking, the power window switch lights went off etc....everything was working for about a day till....

then after a day, while driving, i had accidentally hit the hazard lights switch followed by the unlock button which are next to each other and guess what, back to square one PLUS the hazard lights are continuously on!!! tried switching off the master switch for 2 days this time and upon turning them back on, nothing has changed.......

any suggestions? can the power window ECU and door lock ECU be resetted any other way?
thanks guys....this is frustrating

ps: i removed the right door cover ("card") and the door lever's micro switch is fine....i didn't probe further as i didin't want to tear the covering stuck with some kinda foam....

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode