F430 Buyer Experience - Canada Shopping - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 07-23-2014, 06:53 PM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 52
Buyer Experience - Canada Shopping

I posted a few threads and have been contemplating selling my Aston V8V and moving towards a F430. I did my due diligence before settling on the Aston and moved quickly, I essentially fell in love with the very first Aston I drove.

For a 430, I am being a bit more careful given the size of the investment. My first experience was certainly not "love at first sight"

Experience 1: 3/10
Dealer: Ideal Fine Cars
Car: 2005 Ferrari F430 F1 COUPE
KMs: 16,831 (questionable)
Asking 125K

Paint: The car was indoors so I could not see it under natural light. I did not notice much swirling however there were a lot of rock ships near the engine bay, deep scratches throughout, flaking paint. Also the bottom of the front bumper was white, i assume the low ride high caused it.

Car Condition: Car is advertised with 16,000KMs and "immaculate" , however, the staff told me it was an american car. The owner did not show up to the scheduled appointment despite mentioning he was on his way. I will not get into the lack of professionalism of the dealership however, that tainted my perception of the car. Normally I expect service records and car history, but none was provided. I was told their car was recently inspected, no proof was provided.

Interior: Pretty surprised how many sticky buttons there were, worn out leather (esp by the doors). The car looks like the pictures, however actually sitting inside... was a slight disappointment compared to an Aston interior.

Drive: I only took it for a short spin around the block, definitely get that visceral feeling. But given the question-ability of the car, and lack of professionalism of the dealership I simply walked out after waiting an hour for the owner to show up. I do not make a deal of this value over the phone with someone that doesnt have the common decency to show up.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 07-24-2014, 02:03 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,322
In my opinion, there are so many good examples of both the 360 and 430, it makes it easy to quickly discount cars like this one. Even though there are many good examples, don't be surprised if the search takes awhile. I was advised as much during my own search. Although skeptical at first, it took me a year to find my Spider. During that time, I looked at cars all across the country. I wish I had a nickel for ever time someone told me their car was immaculate....

Of all the narcissists I know, I love me the most.
post #3 of 10 Old 07-25-2014, 06:46 AM Thread Starter

Essentially I want to know if there are any common flaws across 360s and F430s that I should be aware of?

Aston Example:;
  1. Having shrinkage on the leather dash is a common problem, and its not unusual to see this in most Astons.
  2. Scratches on the interior door handle as the seat belt buckle can strike and scratch it.
  3. Rock chips in front of the rear wheels (due to flared wheel arches)

So for Ferrari's is sticky buttons, scraped paint (under front bumper). What are some flaws I should automatically expect when I view one.

post #4 of 10 Old 07-26-2014, 11:43 AM Thread Starter

Experience 2: 9/10
Dealer: Caliber Auto
Car: 2005 Ferrari F430 F1 COUPE
KMs: 43K
Asking 109k

Paint: After my last experience this car is in amazing shape, The front was wrapped in 3m protection, and very few minor rock chips. No noticeable paint swirling. The bottom bumper had a skid plate as well. No scud shields, looks aftermarket.

Interior Condition: Great condition, the interior looked great, no sticky buttons, well shaped and very little wear and tear.

Overall: Looks like a great car, very tempting. I love the color, I havent seen this around.

2005 Ferrari F430 Coupe F1 For Sale | Etobicoke ON

post #5 of 10 Old 07-27-2014, 07:16 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 768
I serviced this car for many years. Last year I did lots up upgrades. If you need to know anything about this car give me a call.
Thanks
Alex.
post #6 of 10 Old 07-27-2014, 11:30 AM Thread Starter

Alex, I will call you Monday. .
post #7 of 10 Old 07-28-2014, 04:02 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALEX A View Post
I serviced this car for many years. Last year I did lots up upgrades. If you need to know anything about this car give me a call.
Thanks
Alex.
Spoke to Alex, he knows the car inside out. Sale pending on PPI results.
post #8 of 10 Old 07-28-2014, 07:31 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 470
Its about time

I was heading up there to buy it from under you.

Congrats. Welcome to the club. You will not be dissapointed.

Drive it well. Don;t leave it lonely in the garage.

ScottS

I have regretted often, but repented never. Is this a good thing? -Enzo Ferrari
2012 California Argento Nurburgring /Nero 2005 F430 Nero 6spd. 2009 Maserati GT-S F1
post #9 of 10 Old 06-05-2015, 08:34 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 6
I thought I'd share my Canadian Experience as well. Been shopping for some time and finally settled on a 2005 F1 430 Rosso Corsa/Nero through Ferrari Maserati of Vancouver. They were extremely good to deal with, provided full history (both internal and external documents), car proof, option sheet, spec sheet and all books and tools.

Experience - solid 9/10
post #10 of 10 Old 07-08-2015, 10:56 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by slayer of souls View Post

So for Ferrari's is sticky buttons, scraped paint (under front bumper). What are some flaws I should automatically expect when I view one.

stickynomore.com is your friend-- a scraped bumper underside is a badge of honor in my book--

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode