F430 My 360 vs F430 Debate - Page 2 - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 23 Old 07-25-2014, 09:48 AM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Dade View Post
I have to ask a question. If you love the Aston, it is great to drive and easy to maintain, why do you really want to change to a Ferrari? The Aston is sensational car and part of its allure to me is that it is quite understated. The Ferrari, at least here in Florida, draws attention. It appears you are fearing additional operating costs? What is the rush? You certainly do not want to be a slave to the potential car expenses that come with the black stallion.
Totally valid question, few reasons.

1) From my research the maintenance costs/parts is almost the same between the Aston vs Ferrari. A new clutch on both is approx 4,000-6,000 (as quoted by dealers), oil changes etc are in the same ball park.

2) Agreed, the allure is its very understated, interior is great as is the sound track.

3) Not exactly in a rush, I have a Ducati 848 Evo, that I could use to trade in as its currently sitting with me uninsured. Cost to insure is approx 4K. So that commands an operating cost of 11k (cost of bike) plus 4k (insurance) which I can use to trade in to another car. 70k aston +11 bike = 81 With an additional 20k I can explore the possibility of a F430.

4) Again, I am not looking to buy this overnight. We are nearing the end of the exotic season. I did take my Aston out a few days in the winter, doubt I will do that with a Ferrari. Now i am just exploring the market to see what is out there. If a great deal comes out, sure I may jump on it. Right now I am more than happy with my Aston, but I am just exploring another dream of mine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 23 Old 07-25-2014, 10:33 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 11,860
Best time to buy a Ferrari is in the winter, especially around New Year when dealer tax inventories are made. Prices rise when the driving season starts.

Taz
Terry Phillips

Present: 575M 135171
Past: Dino 246 GT 02984, 365 GTB/4 14009, 308 GTS 25125

Every day I look around, and if nobody is shooting at me, it is a pretty good day.
post #23 of 23 Old 07-25-2014, 07:32 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 66
The reason I asked is i first looked at a DB 9,because a very good friend from the UK was pushing me. I like understated, but not in cars. THe BD9 was a tight fit and the Ferrari was a dream car. Having a car in the shop is not fun. The newness of the 430 and the fact that it has timing chains versus the belt thing led to my decision. Regardless of miles, you never know. Two years ago, my car had 3300 seemed perfect anddrove excellent until about two months ago. It is still pristine, has 6300, and I just paid $9500 for misc service stuff, actuator work solenoids, service etc. So, add the mid term oil change and filters, $380, and the new tires I am ordering and my upkeep will be $10,400 for two years, 3000 miles. However, it should be perfect for sometime. Just be prepared. I would sell the cycle, save, save more, and buy the best Ferrari you can possibly get. BTW, i was always astick shift guy. After the F 1, never again. The F1 is more fun and it is today's Ferrari.

Good luck.

Phil Dade
F 430 Berlinetta owner

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode