Ferrari Life

Ferrari Life (https://www.ferrarilife.com/forums/)
-   Modern V8s: 360, F430 (https://www.ferrarilife.com/forums/modern-v8s-360-f430/)
-   -   F430 fixed the reverse button (https://www.ferrarilife.com/forums/modern-v8s-360-f430/34314-fixed-reverse-button.html)

Pooya 07-18-2014 06:58 AM

fixed the reverse button

7 Attachment(s)
The reverse button of my f430 was worn out.
recently I figured out the plastic (Gel) inside it got broken and caused a very ugly look. However as there is a micro switch inside it still functions.

I checked with agent to replace the button and findout the price of this simple piece of jaeger control set which consists of a piece of plastic and two microswitch is ridiculously high. The only option was a second hand on ebay which is still 1800 usd.

So I fixed it myself

1) made a round button with laser and cut the R on it.
2) a plastic washer (I liked wider one just to have a black stroke around the acrylic material which looks like brushed aluminium)
3) 1 more piece of acrylic cuted for 0.5cm x 0.5 cm to reach to microswitch.
4) got a piece of high quality rubber from stamp shop. This piece replaces the expired piece of gel inside the button.

Anybody has this problem can message or email me. I will send you the button and the rubber. I searched alot and was convincing myself to pay 3k USD and replace the whole part.

Take a look at outcome. It could be black or aluminium brushed. I loved the silver.
I might replace the AUTO button aswell.

========================

On the door handle I had sticky problem. So solved the issue by washing the rubber off with perfume and sponge (as per my last post for sticky parts problem solved...)
But the white print of LOCK is gone.

Having experience with laser cut. I asked the gut to make a lock icon and LOCK text cutted on a narrow piece of plastic paper for me.

Using a white laminate pen or simply white nail polish I can bring back the text and lock icon.

Have a look at attachments.

best

tazandjan 07-18-2014 01:30 PM

Looks very nice. Good job.

StefVan 07-18-2014 01:37 PM

Excellent work done Pooya! Your switch was indeed in quite bad condition :)

J.snan 10-15-2014 04:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pooya (Post 447170)
The reverse button of my f430 was worn out.
recently I figured out the plastic (Gel) inside it got broken and caused a very ugly look. However as there is a micro switch inside it still functions.

I checked with agent to replace the button and findout the price of this simple piece of jaeger control set which consists of a piece of plastic and two microswitch is ridiculously high. The only option was a second hand on ebay which is still 1800 usd.

So I fixed it myself

1) made a round button with laser and cut the R on it.
2) a plastic washer (I liked wider one just to have a black stroke around the acrylic material which looks like brushed aluminium)
3) 1 more piece of acrylic cuted for 0.5cm x 0.5 cm to reach to microswitch.
4) got a piece of high quality rubber from stamp shop. This piece replaces the expired piece of gel inside the button.

Anybody has this problem can message or email me. I will send you the button and the rubber. I searched alot and was convincing myself to pay 3k USD and replace the whole part.

Take a look at outcome. It could be black or aluminium brushed. I loved the silver.
I might replace the AUTO button aswell.

========================

On the door handle I had sticky problem. So solved the issue by washing the rubber off with perfume and sponge (as per my last post for sticky parts problem solved...)
But the white print of LOCK is gone.

Having experience with laser cut. I asked the gut to make a lock icon and LOCK text cutted on a narrow piece of plastic paper for me.

Using a white laminate pen or simply white nail polish I can bring back the text and lock icon.

Have a look at attachments.

best

very creative

J.snan 11-03-2014 01:01 PM

Can I have your email please

efg2014 12-16-2014 01:30 PM

Late in the dicussion but why did the Reverse button wear out? Neglect? Quality issue? Want to know so if there is a way to void the problem I would like to. Paying 3k seems steep for a button.

F430ks 01-29-2015 07:04 AM

I need one , can I have your email

Tally Ho 02-01-2015 11:34 AM

Mine is starting to degrade as well. Can you PM me your email address? Thanks.

F430ks 02-03-2015 02:57 AM

Could you help me to have one please , I have same problem
My email [email protected]

Tally Ho 02-15-2015 01:46 PM

No reply. Anyone else?

tazandjan 02-15-2015 08:51 PM

Last post was middle of 2014.

Billy_Bones 02-23-2015 02:10 AM

Same issue, been following this post for few months now ...... sent a PM for Pooya but no reply!

chenglo1 04-01-2015 09:26 PM

man made it. man can fix it...........for less than 1800.00

Pooya 04-09-2015 08:38 PM

sorry guys for no reply for long. I got an email from john, (one of amdins)
my email is [email protected] plz email me i'll send you the solution.

Changing the button is not the solution because the original has big lack of quality despite it's ridiculously high price.

Pooya 04-14-2015 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Billy_Bones (Post 581866)
Same issue, been following this post for few months now ...... sent a PM for Pooya but no reply!

Email me [email protected]
I must send you some of thses acrylic reverse button I made by cnc.

sanfran 06-11-2015 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pooya (Post 613386)
Email me [email protected]
I must send you some of thses acrylic reverse button I made by cnc.

I sent you an email and a PM.

Please send me your paypal information and I'll send you payment for an R button.

Thank you.

srnltd 08-05-2015 09:47 AM

Dear Pooya

I sent you an email ,

Please send me your paypal information and I'll send you payment for an R button.

Thank you.

my email [email protected]

Italian Lover 08-05-2015 01:18 PM

A bit of disappointment of parts' quality and the subsequent replacement charges, to say the least.

w/ smiles
Jimmy

sanfran 08-15-2015 01:27 PM

After six months of unsuccessfully chasing down several suggested solutions I had to design my own for the failed Ferrari F430 REVERSE button.

No mechanic required. Easy do to yourself. There will be a youtube video to do the fix in ten minutes.

I will post pictures soon.

srnltd 08-17-2015 02:00 PM

Dear sanfran.

Where can i see ur video?

Thank you