F430 Capristo headers with tubi exhaust - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 06-19-2014, 08:57 PM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 4
Capristo headers with tubi exhaust

Hi everyone. I already have a tubi exhaust (came with the car), but I'm looking for a bit better sound. Fabspeed price is tempting (without blanket), but the whole 're-branding' that I keep on reading about doesn't sit right with me. Kreissieg are just not in the budget. Leaves me with Capristo.

Is Capristo headers DYI like Fabspeed? Does the Capristo always come with heat blanket, if so they really aren't that much more then Fabspeed? Lifetime warranty on Capristo aswell?

I haven't looked into the cat's to much yet. In my county, there is no emission testing Test pipes maybe?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 06-19-2014, 10:42 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,340
Lots have already been said regarding Fabspeed indeed...

I have my Capristo headers since 4 years now with 0 issues. They always come with the heat blanket as well as with the exhaust suspension brackets. I removed the blankets last winter to make a full inspection and the headers still looked still as new, no hot spots, all bolds tight. I'm just very happy with them and relieved I don't have the stock headers anymore

If you make a search, you'll find a lot of details here on these headers like the dyno graphs I've posted some years ago.
post #3 of 5 Old 06-19-2014, 10:53 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by StefVan View Post
Lots have already been said regarding Fabspeed indeed...

I have my Capristo headers since 4 years now with 0 issues. They always come with the heat blanket as well as with the exhaust suspension brackets. I removed the blankets last winter to make a full inspection and the headers still looked still as new, no hot spots, all bolds tight. I'm just very happy with them and relieved I don't have the stock headers anymore

If you make a search, you'll find a lot of details here on these headers like the dyno graphs I've posted some years ago.
Or you can search in Youtube for Stef's channel.Write StefVan and it should come up right at the beggining.He has some videos with the dyno runs and i think the graphs show up at the end too,but i'm not 100% sure for that.

post #4 of 5 Old 06-23-2014, 01:49 PM Thread Starter

I just found Stef's youtube with the dyno numbers. Very nice indeed.

Looking around the USA internet companies for them, (vividracing.com, capristoexhaust.com) only lists the heat blankets and not the exhaust bracket support kit for the muffler (separate purchase). I wonder if they stopped bundling them together. Or if there is a better place to purchase.

Any posts on install? I read your (Stef) post about removing the AC compressor for easier access.
post #5 of 5 Old 06-25-2014, 09:52 PM Thread Starter

Ok I just ordered Capristo headers and exhaust bracket from vividracing.
Are there any DIY that show the install? If not, would there be an interest that I make one?

Did I read correctly, the steal exhaust clamps from cats to exhaust can't be reused? I'm sure I can find them from local autostore rather then dealer pricing. Just trying to think ahead of the job, so I can get everything before I start.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode