360 LED Tail Lights - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 06-10-2014, 02:28 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 31
LED Tail Lights

I purchased the Scud ing Swiss LED light set for my 99 360.

Stef has a well-designed system & provides excellent customer service. It is a true plug & play system that is easily reversible back to stock.

I originally had an issue with my model year 99 wire harness. The side marker light connectors are included in the tail light harness on that year only.

I contacting Stef in Switzerland (it was the middle of the night over there, he replied in less than an hour). He made up a custom harness & shipped it the next day.

He included a set of front LED turn signal bulbs to complement the rear LED lights for no additional charge.

On my own I decided to replace the side marker lights with LED bulbs. It functioned normally in the garage, but started hyper flashing when I took a drive.

After another email to Stef (answered the same day) I found out the culprit was the LED side markers bulbs. They were not drawing enough current. While they tested fine in the garage, once the engine running the voltage is increased causing the problem.

The LED compatible flasher relay is calibrated to hyper flash if a bulb is burnt out (like the OEM flasher with normal bulbs would)

People question the price, but the amount of research & quality more than justify it. After all, were not a bunch of high school kids driving a Civic

"Political Correctness"

A doctrine, fostered by the minority, promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by the clean end.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 06-11-2014, 10:34 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,339
Thanks very much Emery for your nice review, it was a pleasure to exchange with you. And indeed, you made me discovering something very specific on your car Only the 360 USA MY2000 has this specific taillight harness.

Enjoy your new lights and improved safety

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode