F430 Scuderia brake power - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 05-02-2014, 08:56 PM Thread Starter
SSR

Ferrari Life Posts: 34
Scuderia brake power

Since new I never liked the performance of the brakes its like if the pedal gets really hard before getting the brake power needed,any one had the same issue?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 05-03-2014, 05:20 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 10,022
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSR View Post
Since new I never liked the performance of the brakes its like if the pedal gets really hard before getting the brake power needed,any one had the same issue?
You have to warm them up.

Best way is to ride the brake while driving.
post #3 of 9 Old 05-04-2014, 12:25 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 230
Quote:
Originally Posted by champagne612 View Post
You have to warm them up.

Best way is to ride the brake while driving.
You need to bed the brakes in really hard. There is a bed-in procedure to follow...
Attached Images

Ferrari 430 Scuderia 2008/12
(Ferrari 355 GTS F1 -99)
(Ferrari 355 GTS F1 -98)

post #4 of 9 Old 05-04-2014, 01:46 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,341
Thanks for sharing Johan. I'm always wondering how practically speaking you can do such bed in procedure on the road. How did you do yours Johan? On track alone? Even step 2 is already impossible to do on a 80km/h limited road. Anyone else did already such procedure on road? Please share your experiences.

My brakes are just like SSR's. I really need to press very hard to get the brake power.
post #5 of 9 Old 05-04-2014, 11:59 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 230
Quote:
Originally Posted by StefVan View Post
Thanks for sharing Johan. I'm always wondering how practically speaking you can do such bed in procedure on the road. How did you do yours Johan? On track alone? Even step 2 is already impossible to do on a 80km/h limited road. Anyone else did already such procedure on road? Please share your experiences.

My brakes are just like SSR's. I really need to press very hard to get the brake power.
I did it on the highway at night. But it is now after a few days at the track that the brakes really starts working to its full breaking power...

Ferrari 430 Scuderia 2008/12
(Ferrari 355 GTS F1 -99)
(Ferrari 355 GTS F1 -98)
post #6 of 9 Old 05-07-2014, 11:36 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 7
Same on my scuderia the brake pedal is really hard compared to the power.

I fitted brembo racing steel brakes with pagid rs29 pads and it s much better but I also tried
a friend scuderia with std brakes and pagid rs19 and on that scuderia the brake pedal was feeling normal and was biting really a lot so either it s a bite difference because of the pagid racing pads or either on some scuderia there is some other problem with the calipers or the brake pump.

I also tried the pagid rsc1 on the std brakes and they were not biting really better than std.
post #7 of 9 Old 05-07-2014, 04:40 PM Thread Starter
SSR

Ferrari Life Posts: 34
What kind of problem have the calipers and scud pumps ?
post #8 of 9 Old 05-07-2014, 05:04 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 7
I dont know if that feel could be because of some other problem.

I know that some wrote that the caliper piston coating could get damaged on the 360 challenge stadale that use the same kind of calipers but on my scuderia they looked ok and don t know if they changed the coating or something for the scuderia or not.

Then there must be some master cylinder or something else on the system that could make some difference if something don t work as it should but I don t know.

I just noticed that with the std pads or with the pagid rsc1 the pedal was feeling stiff but without
a lot of initial bite and that on another scuderia with the rs19 on std brakes it was biting a lot and the pedal was feeling more normal.

Of coures it could be probably only because of the rs19 racing pads and on my scuderia fitted with brembo racing steel brakes and pagid rs29 it also bites really a lot and similar to the othe scuderia but the pedal feel is still a little less direct so don t know if something else could make that slight difference.
post #9 of 9 Old 05-13-2014, 11:16 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,526
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSR View Post
Had the same on my 16M. After a full service they are perfect. Bet you need to change the brake fluid.

2015 458 Speciale', 2014 F12, 2013 458 Rosso Scuderia (To be traded), 2012 MP4-12C, 2010 LP670 SV, 2010 Panamera Turbo, 2009 16M, 2009 Scuderia , 2008 CLK63 Cab., 2002 996 GT2, 1994 RX-7 R2

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode