360 sticky parts removal - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 03-15-2014, 10:15 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 244
sticky parts removal

I am removing and cleaning some sticky parts in my 360 and was looking for some help with regards to removing the control panel that sits in front of the ashtray. I.E. the one that houses the mirror controls etc. Any advise or help greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 03-15-2014, 07:51 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 479
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1fanforlife View Post
I am removing and cleaning some sticky parts in my 360 and was looking for some help with regards to removing the control panel that sits in front of the ashtray. I.E. the one that houses the mirror controls etc. Any advise or help greatly appreciated.
When we had our 360 'destickied' I found a detailed work list to remove the center console. I thought it was on the stickynomore.com site which doesn't seem to be there anyone, or maybe I have it wrong. Contact them to see if they can provide the instructions; Contact - Sticky No More

If you get nowhere try macarbon.com - they sell replacement parts and I'm sure willing to talk you through the process if you're considering replacement parts.

Good luck - please share what you find. I'll also dig some more next week.

Ferrari: 2001 360 Modena Coupe
Other: 2004 C5 Coupe
post #3 of 4 Old 03-16-2014, 08:37 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 226
Garage
The process is pretty simple. Lift the hand brake . Next, there is a bolt under the leather in the back tray. The leather is glued into place and will pull right up. Next remove the screws under the ashtray. Last remove the 4 screws from F1 module or or gear plate, under here you will find 2 bolts. Once these are all removed you can lift the console and work off the electrical connections.
With the console upside down, you will see the 4 screws that hold the mirror controls and e flashers switches in place.

post #4 of 4 Old 03-16-2014, 10:32 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 244
Update

So I tried to remove the center console and got close but could not remove the leather piece behind the handbrake lever without damaging it. I also had reservations about removing the window adjustment part as per directions on stickynomore as removing is one thing but getting it back in is another. I, therefore, cleaned the part in place and it now looks like new. Just used goo gone and a terry cloth with a little patience and it worked fine. Wiped with a damp cloth afterwards.
Thanks for all the input.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode