F430 Stock stereo amplifier wiring - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 Old 03-02-2014, 03:47 PM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 7
Stock stereo amplifier wiring

My amplifier went bad and I ordered an upgraded cradle/amp from Softwaredrone. Does anyone have the wiring diagram for the harness that goes to the stock amplifier in a 430 with the Hi-fi option?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 03-07-2014, 11:19 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 46
430 hi fi amp diagram

Here is the info on the hifi system diagram

Scott
Attached Images

post #3 of 15 Old 03-07-2014, 11:37 PM Thread Starter

Scott,

Thanks for the diagram. Can you explain how I can use this diagram to identify the wires in the harness that attaches to the hifi amplifier under the dash? I am trying to identify the wires going out to the speakers to install an Arc audio amp.

Thanks again,

Derek

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1394264059.778268.jpg
Views: 2708
Size:  47.4 KB

post #4 of 15 Old 03-08-2014, 04:43 PM
Owner

430 amp diagram

ok Derek,you have the non dsp system with the ask amplifier. My reccomendation is if you are keeping the stock radio and adding a 4 ch amp ,order the 4 ch rca plug adapter from becker autosound and this will improve sound and make it easier to install...It plugs into the becker radio and will provide line level outputs then you will just need 2 sets fo rcas to connect to the inputs of your new amplifier. When I put the arc amp in I just put it under the fwd console cover as it fits with no mods and it is completely invisable.... There are numbers on the diagram that tell you what pin on the amp plug the spraker wires go to.

Scott
Attached Images

post #5 of 15 Old 03-08-2014, 05:11 PM Thread Starter

Perfect! Just what I I was looking for. Thanks again Scott.

Derek
post #6 of 15 Old 08-03-2014, 09:03 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 3
Hello,

Referring to the photo of the amplifier posted above, and focusing on the green component and the black piece inside of it, is that black piece (or green piece for that matter) designed to pop out?

Or is that fixed in place?

I need to replace my amp, the same one going back in, and I was hoping its a plug n play type system. Looks that way, but am not sure and don't want to force it.

Thanks.
post #7 of 15 Old 08-03-2014, 09:06 AM

Hello,

Referring to the photo of the amplifier posted above, and focusing on the green component and the black piece inside of it, is that black piece (or green piece for that matter) designed to pop out?

Or is that fixed in place? Meaning wires need to be pulled out one at a time?

I need to replace my amp, the same one going back in, and I was hoping its a plug n play type system. Looks that way, but am not sure and don't want to force it.

Thanks.
post #8 of 15 Old 08-05-2014, 11:47 PM Thread Starter

Yes, it is plug n play. The black part unplugs and the green stays fixed.
post #9 of 15 Old 08-11-2014, 10:07 AM

Thanks!!
post #10 of 15 Old 12-07-2014, 02:08 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 4
HiFi amplifier specs

Hello,

I am trying to replace the single dual-voice-coil subwoofer speaker in my 360 Spider (which came with the HiFi option) with two uprated single-voice-coil subwoofer speakers from Focal (the 13WS). However the latter are 4 ohm and the impedance of the former is 8 ohms for each coil. I'm trying to figure out if this is safe for the OEM amplifier but I can't find any technical info on it.

Does anyone know
- brand/model of the amp? (Could it be Bose? Or Ask?)
- its specs incl. minimum speaker impedance for the dual subwoofer channel?
- the wiring diagram? (the source of the wiring diagrams above would be greatly appreciated - I think the amp is the same in the 360 and F430).

Thanks!!
post #11 of 15 Old 12-07-2014, 05:18 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 145
The ASK "amp" is not an amplifier at all, it is a "booster". It does not accept low level inputs. You can buy comparable boosters online for around 25 bucks. I have read references to internal chip datasheets indicating a maximum power output of 55-60W @ 4 Ohms. I seriously would not recommend running this thing at 2 Ohms. Basically any amplifier you could purchase would most likely be better than the ASK unit. They are OEM for many car makes, not just Ferrari.
Hope this helps,
Mike

www.scuderiaaudio.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by London View Post
Hello,

I am trying to replace the single dual-voice-coil subwoofer speaker in my 360 Spider (which came with the HiFi option) with two uprated single-voice-coil subwoofer speakers from Focal (the 13WS). However the latter are 4 ohm and the impedance of the former is 8 ohms for each coil. I'm trying to figure out if this is safe for the OEM amplifier but I can't find any technical info on it.

Does anyone know
- brand/model of the amp? (Could it be Bose? Or Ask?)
- its specs incl. minimum speaker impedance for the dual subwoofer channel?
- the wiring diagram? (the source of the wiring diagrams above would be greatly appreciated - I think the amp is the same in the 360 and F430).

Thanks!!
post #12 of 15 Old 12-08-2014, 12:52 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScuderiaAudio View Post
The ASK "amp" is not an amplifier at all, it is a "booster". It does not accept low level inputs. You can buy comparable boosters online for around 25 bucks. I have read references to internal chip datasheets indicating a maximum power output of 55-60W @ 4 Ohms. I seriously would not recommend running this thing at 2 Ohms. Basically any amplifier you could purchase would most likely be better than the ASK unit. They are OEM for many car makes, not just Ferrari.
Hope this helps,
Mike
www.scuderiaaudio.com
Thanks Mike, that's very useful to know. You mention that it's rated "@ 4ohms" and (if I read you correctly) you are implying that if I connect the two Focals to it the "amp" would see a load of 2 ohms. Are you saying that the "amp" only has one subwoofer channel to which the two coils of the OEM dual-voice-coil speaker are connected in parallel (hence showing 4 ohms)? So that if I connect the two Focals to the OEM wiring they would be connected in parallel showing a 2 ohm load to the "amp"?
post #13 of 15 Old 12-08-2014, 10:02 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by London View Post
Thanks Mike, that's very useful to know. You mention that it's rated "@ 4ohms" and (if I read you correctly) you are implying that if I connect the two Focals to it the "amp" would see a load of 2 ohms. Are you saying that the "amp" only has one subwoofer channel to which the two coils of the OEM dual-voice-coil speaker are connected in parallel (hence showing 4 ohms)? So that if I connect the two Focals to the OEM wiring they would be connected in parallel showing a 2 ohm load to the "amp"?

Exactly. And that unit will not last long under those conditions.
This going to sound completely biased coming from someone who owns a business manufacturing high end audio components exclusively for Ferraris, but Ferrari is not in the business of making high end audio. The components in the 430/360 series are total crap. Thin plastic and brittle foam enclosures, paper coned tiny speakers passing off as subwoofers, super cheap "made in China" boosters, etc. I can understand people on a budget making incremental improvements, but carefully consider where your money is going and why.
I once put a system together in the 1980's where I installed the best amplifiers, equalizers and head unit money could buy (and a high quality subwoofer enclosure), then installed the absolute cheapest midrange, tweeters and subwoofers I could find. Tweeters were 9 bucks, midranges were 12 bucks and the subs were 15 bucks apiece. And guess what? The sound was phenomenal! My point? Power is the key. A speaker is just a stupid round piece of paper or plastic with a magnet on the back. It simply does what it's told, namely to go back and forth, back and forth. You don't have to purchase my amplifier or my amplifier cradle, but I recommend that you buy any high quality amplifier first. Then, every incremental change you make from that point on is going to make a huge difference in the sound.
:-)
Mike
www.scuderiaaudio.com
post #14 of 15 Old 12-09-2014, 09:11 PM
Owner

ask wiring

Hi London,
the ask amp is 4 ch 2 for the front and 2 for the dvc sub... It wont hurt anything to hook it up but you will have @ 25 watts a channel to run the focal speakers and that probably is going to work well. You would be best off upgrading the booster to an amplifer....

Scott
post #15 of 15 Old 12-10-2014, 04:28 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 9,567
What they said. booster is junk. best to replace the whole damn system if you ask me. and that is from a guy that has never even turned the stereo in my ferrari on in a decade!. I do have a pretty nice set up in my ford f150 though. probably one of the few running a mcIntosh car amp

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode