F430 F430 vs 599GTB - Ferrari Life
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 Old 02-21-2014, 10:53 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Ferrari Life Posts: 48
Which one to get: F430 vs 599GTB

Hi guys, I was considering (with extremely low odds) of getting one of the 2 vehicles and clearly the 599 is way better but I'm afraid of its service, so I was just wondering what can $8,000 a year cover for reckless driving of an F430 vs 599GTB at a range of 20,000km/ 12,000 miles annually aka plz compare the 2 vehicles service costs?

I'm planning to have fun and I'm already a professional 100mph driver in a 60mph zone and overtaking cars with excessive lane changing on a daily basis is kind of like the way I've been driving since I got my permit 5 years ago and you'd be surprised at how good I've gotten at it and how close I nearly got to scary accidents but that was then, I'm a lot more careful know...... kind of LOL. Also, I hate all those people who are BOTH THOSE TWO THINGS: 1- arrogant & 2- gay drivers who drive their F430s like it's an s-class. I mean wtf it's a sports car!!! However, if you're a worried enthusiast then ok but arrogant and s-class like!!!! My first car was and still is an AMG model merc that costs that much a year on average ($8,000) service costs off warranty excluding insurance etc which I don't know whether it's bad luck or off warranty problem... so anyways however, I'm very sensitive on the interior and if you see my current car, you'd be amazed as it looks like new. However, it cost me a lot to service unfortunately, because ever sinse the non expandable 3 year warranty of the vehicle expired here in the middle east, I've been literally screwed from the service, so what do you think and does ferrari warranty, which can be expanded for up to 9 years here, cover gas pedal abuse aka revving abuse and control arm or whatever damage occurs from overtaking.

P.S. NOT drifting & NO burnouts, but just abusing the gas pedal to produce their beautiful noises and my extreme pessimism of breaking is only a worse case scenario and "abuse" is a relative term for I consider my self a softy but just in case, I'm saying "abuse" and to me the speed limit is imposed for average cars so why comply? as a good rule of thumb is: [speed in a sports car = max speed * 1.4] and hopefully in a ferrari I'd multiply that by 1.6 as a good rule of thumb.

BTW there is only a 5% chance of me getting a 599 and an F430 is outdated so I'm really "just dreaming" and a newer G63 is more realistic

Last edited by Abdulaziz; 02-21-2014 at 11:21 AM.
Abdulaziz is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 16 Old 02-21-2014, 12:44 PM
Owner
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Pacific North West
Ferrari Life Posts: 2,526
2007 599 is in your range, as are alot of 430's. Might want to rethink your in town driving style. as your license might get taken away in the very near future.

2015 458 Speciale', 2014 F12, 2013 458 Rosso Scuderia (To be traded), 2012 MP4-12C, 2010 LP670 SV, 2010 Panamera Turbo, 2009 16M, 2009 Scuderia , 2008 CLK63 Cab., 2002 996 GT2, 1994 RX-7 R2
markjayw is offline  
post #3 of 16 Old 02-21-2014, 12:52 PM
Owner
Elite Member
 
tazandjan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Ferrari Life Posts: 11,860
Ferraris are meant to be driven hard, but the performance of a 599 is an order of magnitude higher than most Mercedes, especially an AMG SUV. The 599 and F430 have proven to be reliable and routine servicing costs about the same as a high end Mercedes, $1000-2000 annually on average, not counting tires and we have no clue on your insurance and other indirect costs.

If you drive like a maniac on the streets with a Ferrari, you stand a good chance of killing yourself or someone else, because things in front of you will arrive quicker than you expect. Good thing is, huge brakes if you get one with CCMs. At least with a G63, there will be more sheet metal between you and anything you hit.

Taz
Terry Phillips

Present: 575M 135171
Past: Dino 246 GT 02984, 365 GTB/4 14009, 308 GTS 25125

Every day I look around, and if nobody is shooting at me, it is a pretty good day.

Last edited by tazandjan; 02-21-2014 at 09:54 PM.
tazandjan is offline  
 
post #4 of 16 Old 02-21-2014, 09:53 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Ferrari Life Posts: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by markjayw View Post
2007 599 is in your range, as are alot of 430's. Might want to rethink your in town driving style. as your license might get taken away in the very near future.
Actually, I'm considering an '10 599 (because I want LEDs) vs buying a scudaria F430 if my dad unlikely agrees cause he drives a ford, LTZ tahoo most of the time and has the s-class just standstill most of the time, but he buys us what we want AS LONG AS IT'S REASONABLE AND NOT HEAD TURNING, non of which I truly care about because I never cared what people think as I'm a complete computer geek and a nerd who memorizes books "for fun" & doesn't go out much except with similar people like my best friend where we'd design curcuit boards all day and program robots. So refusing a ferrari to him isn't just about the money but the principal (He's old school) as he cares too much about NOT HURTING PEOPLE'S FEELINGS not by being mean but by the sheer existance of the vehicle. Anyways, I'm worried about the service costs the most & believe me NO LICENSE WILL BE REVOKED as I already know the system well here and rest assured, there are many "maniac drivers" in the middle east so I won't stand out

P.S. I didn't even tell him yet that I'm considering a ferrari

Last edited by Abdulaziz; 02-22-2014 at 02:49 AM.
Abdulaziz is offline  
post #5 of 16 Old 02-21-2014, 09:56 PM
Owner
Elite Member
 
tazandjan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Ferrari Life Posts: 11,860
Should not be any worse than a Mercedes except for tires. Rear ones wear out pretty quickly. Our other car is a GL 550 and it is not much cheaper to maintain, even with a 7 year warranty.

Taz
Terry Phillips

Present: 575M 135171
Past: Dino 246 GT 02984, 365 GTB/4 14009, 308 GTS 25125

Every day I look around, and if nobody is shooting at me, it is a pretty good day.
tazandjan is offline  
post #6 of 16 Old 02-21-2014, 09:59 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Ferrari Life Posts: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by tazandjan View Post
Ferraris are meant to be driven hard, but the performance of a 599 is an order of magnitude higher than most Mercedes, especially an AMG SUV. The 599 and F430 have proven to be reliable and routine servicing costs about the same as a high end Mercedes, $1000-2000 annually on average, not counting tires and we have no clue on your insurance and other indirect costs.

If you drive like a maniac on the streets with a Ferrari, you stand a good chance of killing yourself or someone else, because things in front of you will arrive quicker than you expect. Good thing is, huge brakes if you get one with CCMs. At least with a G63, there will be more sheet metal between you and anything you hit.
Thanks but my current AMG suv costs 8000 a year on average OFF WARRANTY, so shouldn't the warranteed ferrari 599 cost way more???

Ex. I called the US dealer and he said that 8200 a year just for power cube warranty ans 4000 for drive train (whatever that means???!) and 5000 dollar just for oils and filters inc. tires, which are changed every 6000 miles. Plus, with my driving the $8,000 F1 clutch shouldn't last long

Of course, i didn't ask about F430 F1 clutches costs but i'd assume way cheaper and:
Power cube: 6700 annually
Power sth in the middle: 4000 annually
Power train: 2x,xx annually (forgot exact number)

CORRECT ME PLZ ABOUT MY ERRORS

Last edited by Abdulaziz; 02-21-2014 at 10:25 PM.
Abdulaziz is offline  
post #7 of 16 Old 02-21-2014, 10:05 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Ferrari Life Posts: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by tazandjan View Post
Should not be any worse than a Mercedes except for tires. Rear ones wear out pretty quickly. Our other car is a GL 550 and it is not much cheaper to maintain, even with a 7 year warranty.
So AMG NOT 550 is close to the service of a 599 or an F430 right?

And if so can you read my post about power cube and power train and tell how it could possibly be the same? Unless power cube is like a super warranty that is unnessesary

Last edited by Abdulaziz; 02-22-2014 at 02:47 AM.
Abdulaziz is offline  
post #8 of 16 Old 02-21-2014, 10:27 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Ferrari Life Posts: 48
Btw, I don't care about insurance as that's easily taken care of to me aka I'll underinsure it and risk a total loss

Last edited by Abdulaziz; 02-22-2014 at 02:48 AM.
Abdulaziz is offline  
post #9 of 16 Old 02-22-2014, 01:05 PM
Owner
Elite Member
 
tazandjan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Ferrari Life Posts: 11,860
The Ferrari V12s have been very reliable and I am not sure the extended warranties are worth the money. Routine maintenance on a 599 is $1000-2000 annually, plus tires. There have not been many other costs except leaking shock absorbers at around 25,000 miles. Get Michelin Pilot Super Sports and they should last around 12,000 miles or a bit more.

My 575M, which I have owned for 5 1/2 years with no warranty, has had way fewer problems than the GL 550 we have owned for 6 years, all under warranty.

You are losing me on your questions. Here are the last set of warranty costs I have for the Ferrari warranties.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf Ferrari Warranty Pricing 72012[1].pdf (15.4 KB, 169 views)

Taz
Terry Phillips

Present: 575M 135171
Past: Dino 246 GT 02984, 365 GTB/4 14009, 308 GTS 25125

Every day I look around, and if nobody is shooting at me, it is a pretty good day.
tazandjan is offline  
post #10 of 16 Old 02-22-2014, 01:38 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Ferrari Life Posts: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by tazandjan View Post
The Ferrari V12s have been very reliable and I am not sure the extended warranties are worth the money. Routine maintenance on a 599 is $1000-2000 annually, plus tires. There have not been many other costs except leaking shock absorbers at around 25,000 miles. Get Michelin Pilot Super Sports and they should last around 12,000 miles or a bit more.

My 575M, which I have owned for 5 1/2 years with no warranty, has had way fewer problems than the GL 550 we have owned for 6 years, all under warranty.

You are losing me on your questions. Here are the last set of warranty costs I have for the Ferrari warranties.
Thanks so what's the difference between power cube and power normal. Plus, if warranty alone costs 13,200 in 2 years so that's 6600 a year for just warranty! which I can manage, but how can it just be $1000 - $2000 a year if warranty alone costs $13,200?
Abdulaziz is offline  
post #11 of 16 Old 02-22-2014, 01:55 PM
Owner
Elite Member
 
tazandjan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Ferrari Life Posts: 11,860
Beats me. You will have to call Ferrari or look it up.

The warranty does not cover routine service costs. When you buy a warranty, you are betting something big will go wrong. Ferrari is betting nothing big will go wrong. Ferrari is usually correct and makes big bucks on warranties.

Taz
Terry Phillips

Present: 575M 135171
Past: Dino 246 GT 02984, 365 GTB/4 14009, 308 GTS 25125

Every day I look around, and if nobody is shooting at me, it is a pretty good day.
tazandjan is offline  
post #12 of 16 Old 02-23-2014, 03:52 AM
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Gloucester UK
Ferrari Life Posts: 26
OP sounds like an arrogant idiot who drives like a real dick. Please don't buy a Ferrari as you will just give the more considerate a careful owners a bad name. If you do buy one I predict you will have a massive crash lets hope you don't kill some innocent person in the process.
sssdu01 is offline  
post #13 of 16 Old 02-23-2014, 08:44 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Ferrari Life Posts: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by sssdu01 View Post
OP sounds like an arrogant idiot who drives like a real dick. Please don't buy a Ferrari as you will just give the more considerate a careful owners a bad name. If you do buy one I predict you will have a massive crash lets hope you don't kill some innocent person in the process.
Don't take everything described literally as English isn't my first language. However, I'd really appreciate it if you were to address the thread as intended like the really nice guy tazandjan who gave me a lot of his valuable time and vent to me by private messages.

Thanx

P.S. I really respect what you say and I really might agree with you that the language presented indicates I will drive insanely. However, 2D words can't describe 3D reality and I've been driving a sports car for 5 years now and if I drove the way you understood, I wouldn't be talking to you now. Anyways, what I meant by private messages is that if you're not gonna address the thread, then don't respond. However, to "comment" on my thread and even "swearing" is okay with me as long as you post another post that "addresses the thread". I respect everyones opinion and being honest to me is the most important thing

Last edited by Abdulaziz; 02-23-2014 at 08:53 AM.
Abdulaziz is offline  
post #14 of 16 Old 02-23-2014, 09:15 AM
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Gloucester UK
Ferrari Life Posts: 26
I know you were asking for advice and opinions on two different types of Ferrari but you stated how you drive in the same forum so you can expect to get feedback on your stated driving style as well.


Your thread started with three lines asking about a 430 or 599..........the rest of it was you saying how fast a driver you are, that you would do 100 in a 60 limit, swerve between lanes, then you sad you wouldn't loose your licence even though you speed.


The last person on Ferrari forums who thought he was some sort of driving expert, crashed his scuderia into an innocent passenger car, killed on of the occupants, and then hid away from the police .


That's why I stated my views, as I don't think your stated way you drive on public roads belong on this or any other reputable forum. You stated you were a "professional 100 MPH" driver - get on a racetrack !!!


If the moderators are reading this I suggest you delete this whole tread and give Abdulaziz a warning that he shouldn't support or condone dangerous driving.
sssdu01 is offline  
post #15 of 16 Old 02-23-2014, 01:36 PM
Owner
Elite Member
 
tazandjan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Ferrari Life Posts: 11,860
Simon- Lighten up. He is young and working in a 2nd language.

Taz
Terry Phillips

Present: 575M 135171
Past: Dino 246 GT 02984, 365 GTB/4 14009, 308 GTS 25125

Every day I look around, and if nobody is shooting at me, it is a pretty good day.
tazandjan is offline  
post #16 of 16 Old 02-24-2014, 07:50 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Ferrari Life Posts: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by sssdu01 View Post
I know you were asking for advice and opinions on two different types of Ferrari but you stated how you drive in the same forum so you can expect to get feedback on your stated driving style as well.


Your thread started with three lines asking about a 430 or 599..........the rest of it was you saying how fast a driver you are, that you would do 100 in a 60 limit, swerve between lanes, then you sad you wouldn't loose your licence even though you speed.


The last person on Ferrari forums who thought he was some sort of driving expert, crashed his scuderia into an innocent passenger car, killed on of the occupants, and then hid away from the police .


That's why I stated my views, as I don't think your stated way you drive on public roads belong on this or any other reputable forum. You stated you were a "professional 100 MPH" driver - get on a racetrack !!!


If the moderators are reading this I suggest you delete this whole tread and give Abdulaziz a warning that he shouldn't support or condone dangerous driving.

I agree with you, but I mentioned the driving once a week style as a daily driver for you to understand the service costs and revving a lot and what that can damage. Basically, I want the green light for the safety of the car NOT my safety aka it's service costs
Abdulaziz is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome
Copyright 2012 ONE Media, Inc.
FerrariLife is independently run with no affiliation with Ferrari SpA
Ferrari for Sale | Maserati for Sale