F430 A question regarding interest in a Cuoio interior??? - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 02-18-2014, 08:38 AM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 63
A question regarding interest in a Cuoio interior???

Hi everybody-

I'm trying to decide what to do. My car has a full Cuoio interior and I'm thinking of changing it. I'm not in love with the color...plus, I have access to a full Scuderia interior....I'm just hesitant because I'm not sure how much interest there would be if I tried to sell it.

This isn't an ad for it, (so no need for photos...please just assume it's perfect) I'm just trying to see if it would be feasible to sell it. The car has the seats, dash, door panels, console (manual gearbox), firewall, headliner...all in Cuoio.

How difficult do you guys think it would be to sell it??

Thanks!! :-)

-George
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 02-18-2014, 05:35 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 9,567
Cuoio is a very popular color but the number of people requiring a full interior may be limited. Of course, I have no facts to back that up. might be best sold to a parts reseller.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #3 of 10 Old 02-19-2014, 12:00 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,004
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by George in NH View Post
Hi everybody-

I'm trying to decide what to do. My car has a full Cuoio interior and I'm thinking of changing it. I'm not in love with the color...plus, I have access to a full Scuderia interior....I'm just hesitant because I'm not sure how much interest there would be if I tried to sell it.

This isn't an ad for it, (so no need for photos...please just assume it's perfect) I'm just trying to see if it would be feasible to sell it. The car has the seats, dash, door panels, console (manual gearbox), firewall, headliner...all in Cuoio.

How difficult do you guys think it would be to sell it??

Thanks!! :-)

-George

George, I believe it will indeed be quite difficult to sell, not because it's unattractive but due to the projected cost of removing the interior of buyer's Scuderia and then installing your leather in his car. And then what does he do with his nero/beige/crema/blu interior?

Seth
575M F1, Maserati Spyder, Cadillac STS-V & CTS
past: 330/365GTC speciale, F355b, 412GT, 400iA, 308GT4 2+2, 330GT 2+2, Porsche 356b Super 90, BMW 1800ti

what do I know? I drive blue Ferraris

post #4 of 10 Old 02-19-2014, 01:12 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the comments, guys :-)

Maybe just to clear something up....my friend removed his Scuderia interior because he did a color change....it's sitting in a crate in his garage. I would prefer it in my car because of weight savings and the fact that I don't exactly love Cuoio...I bought my car because of it's manual gearbox, color, excellent maintenance history...with the idea of possibly changing out the Cuoio interior. He's a regular car guy like us, and he was able to do his interior swap himself, so I feel confident I can as well.

Another question: do you guys think it would be better to try and sell the Cuoio interior as one complete set, or sell in pieces??

Thanks again, everybody!

-George
post #5 of 10 Old 02-19-2014, 05:21 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 9,567
Set. call trutlands and see what they will give you for it. it's a start on valuation.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #6 of 10 Old 02-19-2014, 06:09 PM Thread Starter

Nice! Thanks for the tip!
post #7 of 10 Old 02-19-2014, 08:13 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 10,022
Quote:
Originally Posted by George in NH View Post
Nice! Thanks for the tip!
I would go ahead and do it.

Keep the Cuio so when you sell it ... it can be converted back or passed on etc.
post #8 of 10 Old 02-19-2014, 09:55 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 11,858
Cuoio is my favorite Ferrari leather color, but no F430.

Taz
Terry Phillips

Present: 575M 135171
Past: Dino 246 GT 02984, 365 GTB/4 14009, 308 GTS 25125

Every day I look around, and if nobody is shooting at me, it is a pretty good day.
post #9 of 10 Old 02-20-2014, 06:11 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by champagne612 View Post

Keep the Cuio so when you sell it ... it can be converted back or passed on etc.
Yeah, I know that's the correct thing to do....and still my number one option. It's just that space is at a premium here in my garage. The other thing is the fact that that's quite a bit of money to be sitting on a shelf for who knows how many years, and I'd prefer to try and limit my expenses....I've been eating franks and beans since I bought this car and I miss having steak!!

Thanks again for the opinions everybody :-)
post #10 of 10 Old 02-20-2014, 05:50 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 828
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by champagne612 View Post
+1
Buyers will balk at the Scud interior and ask why go to all that trouble for a non-standard interior.

I personally think Cuoio is the best looking leather interior, but hghly personal to each viewer

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode