F430 Capristo exhaust brackets - Ferrari Life
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By yronZFF

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 12-23-2013, 08:06 AM Thread Starter
FFB

Ferrari Life Posts: 24
Capristo exhaust brackets

Just bought 2005 F430 that had headers replaced few months ago to MK II during routine service. Apparently no CEL or symptoms but tech found a leak and replaced both.

I've read various threads about Capristo brackets as a preventative measure for MK II headers cracking but both the dealer and a local independent felt that brackets did not do anything. I've also read about headers that cracked after installation of Capristo bracket. Some suggest that the brackets actually make thing worse.

So any idea what's the chance of MK II cracking and whether it's better to get Capristo brackets? The car is being used for commuting and will not be tracked or raced.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 12-23-2013, 02:29 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 700
Quote:
Originally Posted by FFB View Post
I've read various threads about Capristo brackets as a preventative measure for MK II headers cracking but both the dealer and a local independent felt that brackets did not do anything. I've also read about headers that cracked after installation of Capristo bracket. Some suggest that the brackets actually make thing worse.
Can you tell us where you read that the Capristo headers caused the cracking of headers?

'SCUD' Verb. To move fast as if driven by the wind.
post #3 of 8 Old 12-23-2013, 02:41 PM Thread Starter
FFB

Ferrari Life Posts: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell996 View Post
Can you tell us where you read that the Capristo headers caused the cracking of headers?
I read about headers cracking despite having Capristo brackets installed - Fchat post came up when I Googled the subject. There's a thread here about Capristo brackets not allowing the engine to move relative to the header brackets.

Interestingly almost everything about this is from the US - for example it's hardly even mentioned in the British chat room.

Although it seems like a reasonable modification, I don't really want to do anything unnecessary to the car.

post #4 of 8 Old 12-23-2013, 11:16 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,379
I think that there is much more positive feedback than a couple of doubtful cases where it is not clear if the Capristo brackets would have been the root cause of header failure. It is not a warranty neither that your headers will never fail with the Capristo brackets. All stock MKI AND MKII 430/Scuderia are prone to fail with or without the Capristo brackets. Their brackets will considerably improve the MKII headers reliability though. If you want the best insurance, you should consider also the Capristo headers
post #5 of 8 Old 12-31-2013, 04:10 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 847
Garage
Capristo exhaust brackets allow flexing due to temperature changes rather than directing all that energy into contorting the metal exhaust and headers.
Not my photos but a good example of the difference between hot and cold
Attached Images

post #6 of 8 Old 01-02-2014, 11:58 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 57
Glad to see that my photos are being looked at with the concern about the OEM exhaust brackets!
With all the reported cases of OEM header failure AND OEM exhaust bracket failure, the Capristo brackets are definitely something to consider looking into. I've had mine on for almost 2 years (and many here have had them for a lot longer) with no issues at all.

When you think about it, almost all of the cars on the road have muffler/tailpipe brackets that are mounted to the frame with hangers that have flexible rubber sections.
post #7 of 8 Old 02-07-2020, 07:13 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 2
Hi, I know its been a few years since you posted this, but I'm having the same dilemmer now that you had then. did you put the Capristo brackets on, what was your experience?
post #8 of 8 Old 02-07-2020, 10:31 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 57
So, Ive had my Capristo brackets (with Capristo headers) on for about 8 years now. Absolutely no issues with either the brackets or headers.

My friend also has had his Capristo brackets (with Fabspeed headers) on his 430 for about 8 years with no problems.

Id say install them on yours for sure!
marcf430 likes this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode