F430 Where can I source a GT3 vented hood and associated aero? - Page 2 - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 37 Old 06-04-2014, 06:03 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 10,022
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanfie View Post
Plenty. I fully stripped and rebuild the car.
Just trying to figure out how to upload them.
Wow!

There is a lot of genius built into that 430.

Who designed the aero - wing tilt is impressive assume you modified.

Can you list all the mods - did you have the internals coated if so mind sharing the results.

It's interesting to see the new 458 turbo engine will produce 670 hp.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 37 Old 06-05-2014, 01:51 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 12
The GT3 has a radiator sitting in there. In my car it was just a total open space. Shorter front spritter(undertray) so air can come thru where the steering rack sits.
post #23 of 37 Old 06-05-2014, 01:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by champagne612 View Post
Wow!

There is a lot of genius built into that 430.

Who designed the aero - wing tilt is impressive assume you modified.

Can you list all the mods - did you have the internals coated if so mind sharing the results.

It's interesting to see the new 458 turbo engine will produce 670 hp.
I actually did it my self of the GT3 Scud from Kassel Racing.

post #24 of 37 Old 06-05-2014, 02:00 AM

Had all the parts hand made in NZ including moulds for everything which I kept.
All parts are Carbon on it.
post #25 of 37 Old 06-05-2014, 02:50 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,075
So it means you can remale the boot details to introduce the aero to work with bonnet vents?
post #26 of 37 Old 06-05-2014, 04:57 AM

Im pretty sure it was only designed as heat extraction rather then aerodynamic wise. The GT3 has his cooling radiator in the front. I sadly only worked on the standard Challenge cars and never on the real GT3.
post #27 of 37 Old 06-08-2014, 08:59 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 472
Quote:
Im pretty sure it was only designed as heat extraction rather then aerodynamic wise. The GT3 has his cooling radiator in the front. I sadly only worked on the standard Challenge cars and never on the real GT3.
I emailed you a week ago boss, but haven't heard back. Can you get back to me on the availability, est delivery time & pricing of the bonnet w the front bumper to USA?

Thanks!
post #28 of 37 Old 06-09-2014, 05:55 AM

Hi Alwin,
Sorry about that. Im having lots of trouble lately with that email address.
Please use 430gt3 at gmail.com

Cheers
post #29 of 37 Old 06-09-2014, 02:20 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,075
If the internals beneath the bonnet are not sorted wouldn't the vents bring water into the boot?
post #30 of 37 Old 06-10-2014, 11:39 PM

Well, they are sorted for a race car as it has nothing apart from a radiator and air jack in it so water will run out. I would suggest if it would be used on a normal car to close the vents on the inside and just use it as an optical gadget.
post #31 of 37 Old 07-01-2014, 02:29 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 1
Stumbled on this thread while looking up the hood. Any photos of the finished product?
post #32 of 37 Old 07-01-2014, 09:44 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Not accusing anyone of anything, but I am EXTREMELY skeptical about the product and the credibility of the seller.

For one, the price he gave me via email was extremely low for something of this nature. You all know the saying, "if it's too good to be true, it probably is" right?

Second, there are hardly enough pics / data to prove that this thing is even legitimately his or exists for sale.

Third, the seller, Zanfie has only 11 posts and joined a month ago...and oh, he no longer has the scuderia? And oh, the email advertised on the car itself doesn't work and he uses an alias email to be contacted...

I don't know, I guess I'm a skeptic. But if anyone in nz is willing to check it out and see what's what, just let me know.
post #33 of 37 Old 07-02-2014, 03:38 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by alwin View Post
Not accusing anyone of anything, but I am EXTREMELY skeptical about the product and the credibility of the seller.

For one, the price he gave me via email was extremely low for something of this nature. You all know the saying, "if it's too good to be true, it probably is" right?

Second, there are hardly enough pics / data to prove that this thing is even legitimately his or exists for sale.

Third, the seller, Zanfie has only 11 posts and joined a month ago...and oh, he no longer has the scuderia? And oh, the email advertised on the car itself doesn't work and he uses an alias email to be contacted...

I don't know, I guess I'm a skeptic. But if anyone in nz is willing to check it out and see what's what, just let me know.
I'm going to NZ in November. If you can find out where this guy's workshop is I'll see if it is close to my itinery and check it out for you.
post #34 of 37 Old 07-02-2014, 02:35 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by alwin View Post

Alwin,
Yes your are very perceptive.
This guy left NZ with a trail of bad debts and I am informed if he returns the serious fraud department would be on his case. His business was put into receivership by his business partner.

Hugh,
Current: 430 Scuderia.
Coustodian:365 GTB/4, 365 BB, 246 GTS, 308 GTB gf
Past: 308 GTB, 328 GTB, 360 Modena.
post #35 of 37 Old 07-03-2014, 05:06 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrf scuderia View Post
Alwin,
This guy left NZ with a trail of bad debts and I am informed if he returns the serious fraud department would be on his case. His business was put into receivership by his business partner.
Apparently he has moved to Europe, and I've asked him for a time & place to pre-inspect the products in-person since I have family there...no reply yet

hehehe perhaps this fellow should be banned?
post #36 of 37 Old 07-06-2014, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrf scuderia View Post
Alwin,
Hugh,

you should not only listen to one side of the story and assume it is true!

Last edited by Zanfie; 07-06-2014 at 11:23 PM.
post #37 of 37 Old 07-07-2014, 06:07 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Quote:
Hugh,

you should not only listen to one side of the story and assume it is true!
Well, back to the car stuff, sandro you have refused to allow me to have someone pre-inspect the parts prior to payment...even though it would've been pretty straightforward for you. My family member comes, checks them out, he pays you cash, you don't deal w shipping or the tax man.

Now you suddenly "refuse to sell the parts"? Smells dodgy to me and I highly doubt anyone here w decent sense would want to do business with you.

Not the best reflection, by far, of integrity on your part.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode