Scuderia/16M brake bleed and pads
I've searched quite a bit and could not find answers to the following questions so thought I would post as a new thread for discussion. I'm making some preparations to enjoy the track events at Road of America during the FCA International Event in late July. Seems it would be wise to switch out the OEM pads for some track pads for this activity.
1. Can a Motiv Power Bleeder be used to bleed the brake system on the Scud or does it need to be done via vacuum at the bleed valves?
2. Is the reservoir cap 45mm or 42mm in size?
3. Can bleeding be done by having ignition switch on to activate ABS pump for the rears or do you really need the Ferrari factory tool?
4. What is a good source in US to purchase these Pagid pads?
Front RSC 1 8091
Rear RSC 1 4906
5. I see that several Forum members have tried these new RSC1 pads. Is the wear on the pads and discs better than the RS19/RS29 setup?
6. When going from street to track and back to street OEM pads, do you have to bed in the previously used OEM pads again when switching back and forth or is this not a good idea in general?
I've bled brakes on many cars over the years, but never on a Ferrari so I could use a few pointers.