F430 Proud new owner - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 28 Old 05-19-2013, 03:51 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 41
Proud new owner

Hey everyone -

First, let me thank you all for your information and photos - Ive lurked here for quite some time reading and researching before finally taking the plunge.

This Friday I finally took delivery of my lifes dream. From FOLI, got an 08 F430 Spyder. The wait was excruciating but so worth it

Hope its OK to field some advice here - the car was without a flashlight, which Im looking at one on eBay for $79 or so. Pretty sure thats a fair price.

However, I really want the full manual and book set, but really had no idea how a. hard to find and b. expensive they were. Im looking at this set on eBay as well :
2008 Ferrari F430 F 430 Spider Coupe Owners Manual Set | eBay

Is that an accurate price range? I want it complete. Ive looked in the Buy/Sell section of the forum here and dont see any come up for sale. Is there another method I should employ to search for one?

Last question - I changed the giallo scuderia shields to the carbon shields, as well as the wheel caps to carbon. So I have an extra set of each in Giallo that Id probably sell (or trade if anyone has a 430 manual! ). Is the Buy/Sell area the best place to offer those here?

So, as I know, most threads are useless without pics, heres a few quick ones which I will certainly amend with more shortly... its been raining 2 out of the 3 days Ive had her so once the sun comes out again Ill get some better ones.

Thanks in advance for any input and hope to be a regularly contributing member of the community here! (Chenglo, hope you get yours fast bud )

Oh, one more thing - you may be interested in the rather unique way I went about making my dream come true... article is here :

http://putthison.com/post/5073462231...d-have-thought
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 Old 05-20-2013, 10:16 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 61
You took all your personal savings since 07 and bought a depreciating asset? I think we need to hear the whole story, atleast I do before I can form a desicion to say contrats or your nuts.

07 Ferrari F430 F1 Rosso over Nero
13 Ducati Monster 1100 Evo Rosso
13 Audi S5 - Commuter Car
08 Maserati GranTurismo Nero Carbonio over Cuoio (sold)
08 Maserati GranTurismo Bianco Eldorado over Rosso (sold)
post #3 of 28 Old 05-20-2013, 12:23 PM
Administrator
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,320
Congrats on your F430. Good choice on the carbon shields, they look awesome on the black.

post #4 of 28 Old 05-20-2013, 12:39 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 211
post #5 of 28 Old 05-20-2013, 05:06 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIZSAVY View Post
You took all your personal savings since 07 and bought a depreciating asset? I think we need to hear the whole story, atleast I do before I can form a desicion to say contrats or your nuts.
Um, no. I created an alternate savings program dedicated for this.

And, this is in no way shape or form a depreciating asset. Its a dream which bears no price tag. The car is no longer worth something in a monetary form, its something intangible. If you consider that wrong, then I would repurpose your reasons for owning the car you own and invest in something you dont care about that you can sell for a profit later on.
post #6 of 28 Old 05-20-2013, 05:42 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 470
Well said

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoo View Post
Um, no. I created an alternate savings program dedicated for this.

And, this is in no way shape or form a depreciating asset. Its a dream which bears no price tag. The car is no longer worth something in a monetary form, its something intangible. If you consider that wrong, then I would repurpose your reasons for owning the car you own and invest in something you dont care about that you can sell for a profit later on.
To quote the 21 century philosopher Jesse J:

Jessie J - Price Tag ft. B.o.B. - YouTube

I have regretted often, but repented never. Is this a good thing? -Enzo Ferrari
2012 California Argento Nurburgring /Nero 2005 F430 Nero 6spd. 2009 Maserati GT-S F1
post #7 of 28 Old 05-20-2013, 06:54 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 49
Good luck! She be beautiful! Use it in good health!
post #8 of 28 Old 05-20-2013, 08:38 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 531
Spoo

Spoo,

bought mine end of april. It felt like a total dream as everything went so perfect. i won't hijack your thread here so....Congrats!!! isn't it an incredible feeling to finally make that dream come true??? i don't know how you got an F430 without books or a flashlight??? i hope you saved some big dollars to not get those. To answer your question about finding the books and selling, i think Fchat is a decent place as the ads there seem to turnover much quicker than here. however, I really thnk your salesperson should source out the books and flashlight for you at no charge. i can't imagein buying a 150K plus car with none of the above and be expected to pay extra for them. just my 0.02.
post #9 of 28 Old 05-20-2013, 09:13 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,996
Elegant, very elegant ! Congrats !

Present: 365 GTB/4, Scud
Past: 250 GTE, 250 PF (2), 275 GTBsn, 330 GTC, 456GT, 550, 360Stradale, 430Scuderia, F40, F50
post #10 of 28 Old 05-20-2013, 09:54 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 88
Congrats! Drive it in good health. I bought my 360 a year ago, and I still go crazy when the weather is bad and I can't drive it! If you are from Long Island PM me if you want to be included in Cars and Coffee meets that we randomly have (usually Sundays) out at a coffee shop in Calverton. As the weather improves we will definitely start up again.
post #11 of 28 Old 05-20-2013, 10:08 PM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 15,131
Very elegant and good choice on the shields.
post #12 of 28 Old 05-21-2013, 06:13 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by chenglo1 View Post
Spoo,

bought mine end of april. It felt like a total dream as everything went so perfect. i won't hijack your thread here so....Congrats!!! isn't it an incredible feeling to finally make that dream come true??? i don't know how you got an F430 without books or a flashlight??? i hope you saved some big dollars to not get those. To answer your question about finding the books and selling, i think Fchat is a decent place as the ads there seem to turnover much quicker than here. however, I really thnk your salesperson should source out the books and flashlight for you at no charge. i can't imagein buying a 150K plus car with none of the above and be expected to pay extra for them. just my 0.02.
I appreciate that very much! It really is an incredible feeling. Im sort of pissed it rained 50% of my first weekend with her, but this weekend should be sunny and nice. I told my wife and kid Ill see ya later.

I did register at Fchat but I sort of felt more at home here, you guys are top. I asked my SA at FOLI for the books, though he could not get them. Im on my own, which is fine. I just grabbed a flashlight for $90 on eBay which Im good with.

But, is $700-$800 accurate for the books? I mean, is that average market price?
post #13 of 28 Old 05-22-2013, 10:57 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,354
Congrats Poo and welcome to Ferrari Life your new beauty looks awesome!

If you don't want to spend so much many for the books, the owners manual can be easily downloaded from Terry's link: ferraridatabase.com. Enjoy the first rides soon
post #14 of 28 Old 05-23-2013, 03:43 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 33
I have purchased 2 F cars at FOLI. Smart choice of car and dealer, they will help make the ownership experience a sheer delight.
post #15 of 28 Old 05-23-2013, 03:57 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 562
Congrats, Spoo! I always love black Ferrari! Well chosen car...I also love your story!
Enjoy her in good health.

Gus

Quit work - Get some stuff - Go somewhere - Have some fun
post #16 of 28 Old 05-23-2013, 04:33 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli355 View Post
I have purchased 2 F cars at FOLI. Smart choice of car and dealer, they will help make the ownership experience a sheer delight.
Thanks all - yes, I was working with Calvin who is just an awesome guy. Could not be happier.

Regarding the books, Im aware of the free downloads, but really wanted the physical pieces to complete the car.

Is $800 fair market value for a full set?
post #17 of 28 Old 05-23-2013, 10:22 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 531
no idea

I have no idea how much the books would be except to say that if you offered me 800.00 for mine (which are near mint) i would decline...that being said, if it were a complete set WITH tan leather pouch and prancing horse emblem, i'd give them the money and call it a day. consider it part of buying your car. whatever your selling price plus 800.00 you can say. it's sort of a different feeling reading the hard copy OEM manual vs reading off the computer screen if anyone knows what imean... not quite like comparing youtube F430 engine sounds to live F430 sounds..but along that line...well..okay not even close but you get the picture...see, touch, feel...
post #18 of 28 Old 05-24-2013, 08:40 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 11,860
The big deal is not the owners manuals, which are easily available new, it is the alarm manual, stereo manual, leather cover with flashlight, dealer list, warranty book, etc, which are difficult to put together and expensive. Complete sets are usually in the $500-1000 range for late model cars, so $800 is neither a good deal nor a rip-off.

Did you get the tool kit with the car? There was an 06 F430 tool kit on E-Bay recently.

Taz
Terry Phillips

Present: 575M 135171
Past: Dino 246 GT 02984, 365 GTB/4 14009, 308 GTS 25125

Every day I look around, and if nobody is shooting at me, it is a pretty good day.
post #19 of 28 Old 05-24-2013, 04:24 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazandjan View Post
The big deal is not the owners manuals, which are easily available new, it is the alarm manual, stereo manual, leather cover with flashlight, dealer list, warranty book, etc, which are difficult to put together and expensive. Complete sets are usually in the $500-1000 range for late model cars, so $800 is neither a good deal nor a rip-off.

Did you get the tool kit with the car? There was an 06 F430 tool kit on E-Bay recently.
Thanks Taz -

This is the set Im looking at :
2008 Ferrari F430 F 430 Spider Coupe Owners Manual Set | eBay

The seller is willing to knock off a hundo for me. I did get the tool kit with the car, no flashlight though. I did pick one of those up for $90, which Im pleased with.
post #20 of 28 Old 05-24-2013, 07:20 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 11,860
Go for it, a really complete package.

Taz
Terry Phillips

Present: 575M 135171
Past: Dino 246 GT 02984, 365 GTB/4 14009, 308 GTS 25125

Every day I look around, and if nobody is shooting at me, it is a pretty good day.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode