360 Aerospace reader for 360 slow down light - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 05-17-2013, 06:16 AM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 57
Aerospace reader for 360 slow down light

I recently came across a thread about the aerospace reader for the slow down light but I have not read anything about owner's experience with it or whether they would recommend it. Here is my issue below. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

As a new Ferrari owner I'm trying to learn as much about the car as possible. Before purchase I had PPI done at Ferrari Quebec. Everything came back positive with the exception of a few non mechanical issues. After a few days of driving the slow down light began to flicker. I shut the car off and when I restarted it, the message went away. I gave the car to my mechanic and when he drove the light never came on and he scanned it and no codes. I got the car back and drove it and put a decent amount of miles over the course of a few days. And again nothing. Last night after driving the car on both hwy and local roads, I drove into my garage at home and put the car into neutral and put the top up and was just about to shut the car down when the slow down message flickered. I'm not sure if this is a false positive.

I am wondering if the aerospace device is worth purchasing and if anyone can talk about their experience with it.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 05-17-2013, 08:56 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,833
What is an Aerospace reader?

No device I am aware of will tell you there is a faulty cat temp control unit unless you happen to be hooked up and monitoring real time when failure is happening. Then when real cat temp is in normal range and warning is on you can deduce a failure. To my knowledge only one of the Ferrari proprietary units will do that.

You really need to monitor engine parameters, left and right, know what they are supposed to be and then make a determination if there is anything going on that will explain a cat overheat. If that produces a negative result throw away and replace both cat temp control units because if they both aren't bad now they soon will be.

Last edited by Brian; 05-17-2013 at 09:06 AM.
post #3 of 4 Old 05-17-2013, 09:41 AM Thread Starter

Thanks Brian. Here is the link started by Andrew - one of the moderators/administrations of Ferrarilife discussing the device.
http://www.ferrarilife.com/forums/pr...-catalyst.html

post #4 of 4 Old 05-17-2013, 09:43 AM Thread Starter

Here is the link explaining the device. Apparently they still sell them.

Automotive :: Ferrari Catalytic Converter Instrument and ECU Controller - Aerospace Logic Inc.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode