F430 Let the good times roll! - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 Old 05-02-2013, 03:13 PM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 531
Let the good times roll!

Okay, my thread was going to be "When does the honeymoon period wear off?" but i decided it should be more positive! my F430 is not even home yet but i want to get pumped up so i thiought it would be nice to hear how some of you are still enjoying your F car after you've owned it for X amount of time. I for one, hope to never ever get out of the honeymoon period with my F430. I think i'll always cover it/her and open the present every time we go for a drive. we'll see. Do you all go through a ritual of cleaning after each drive? i was told i should dust all four wheels to avoid brake dust from settling. look fwd to your enthusiastic comments. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 Old 05-02-2013, 03:29 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,323
Almost three years on and the honeymoon has not diminished one iota. In fact, it's gotten stronger.

I almost always clean mine off after each drive, particularly since I keep it covered. I won't put it on if the car is dusty.

Of all the narcissists I know, I love me the most.
post #3 of 21 Old 05-02-2013, 09:48 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 11,860
Cheng- I have had mine nearly five years now and she still gives me a thrill every time I drive her, which is often. But no, I do not do a ritual cleaning after every drive because she is a DD. When she gets dirty, I wash her.

Taz
Terry Phillips

Present: 575M 135171
Past: Dino 246 GT 02984, 365 GTB/4 14009, 308 GTS 25125

Every day I look around, and if nobody is shooting at me, it is a pretty good day.

post #4 of 21 Old 05-03-2013, 06:07 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 270
I think us newbies will obsess about keeping her clean pretty regularly in the first year or so of ownership. After that, it's going to come down to when we have the time.

Eventually, I'm probably just going to have my detailer hand-wash her every so often, when I haven't got the spare time. These past few weeks, I've been blowing off MASSIVE time from the office to go "play cars" and get ready for the Ferrari. Good thing my boss is my Dad!

I think washing after each drive is excessive, and most people who say they wash after each drive either A) do not drive the car frequently (enough) or B) are flat out lying to you.

Cheng's gonna drive her in the winter though, so unless he finds a good hand washer with a heated garage, his new F430 is gonna see the inside of a LOT of car wash machines!!!
If you do that, stay away from machines with either floor-mounted rails (they may scratch the rims - the previous owners of my 360 have run through these tracks, we can tell because the INNER lips of the rims are all scratched up) or swirling brushes (duh, swirl marks). Actually, that's generally good advice no matter what car you drive!
post #5 of 21 Old 05-03-2013, 02:09 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 199
I washed mine 2 or 3 times the first month I owned it...

Last time it rained was the last time it got washed as I drove it. Its pretty dirty, not been washed in 8-9 months and driven in the rain quite a few times and also snow once.

I don't mind the dirt since it does no harm and you can wash it off and no one will ever know it was dirty. Brake dust however will etch the wheels and you should keep the wheels clean as that will harm.

But I am still on my honeymoon, I still open the garage door and the car takes my breath away with its beauty. If it spent the night outside instead of in the garage, its a completely different look as she is covered by the morning dew, breathtakingly beautiful.

And then...I start her motor and she starts mine now we are getting off subject
post #6 of 21 Old 05-04-2013, 05:42 PM Thread Starter

love it!

Love the responses you guys! it really seems like adding such a car to the family is almost like adding another person. She (now what if you were a female owner? would it be a "HE"?) will need lots of TLC and can also be costly to keep healthy. I sure hope the honeymoon phase never wears off.

Raj, the more i think about it, i really doubt i will drive in the winter here in MN. just not worth risking coming into contaact with salt and tons of sand! Getting restless waiting! Hey, wasn't your car supposed to have made it home yesterday??? going to look for your post!
post #7 of 21 Old 05-05-2013, 05:54 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 270
Quote:
Originally Posted by chenglo1 View Post
Love the responses you guys! it really seems like adding such a car to the family is almost like adding another person. She (now what if you were a female owner? would it be a "HE"?) will need lots of TLC and can also be costly to keep healthy. I sure hope the honeymoon phase never wears off.

Raj, the more i think about it, i really doubt i will drive in the winter here in MN. just not worth risking coming into contaact with salt and tons of sand! Getting restless waiting! Hey, wasn't your car supposed to have made it home yesterday??? going to look for your post!
LOL, yeah I owe a write up. I have been super busy this weekend, giving rides to family members all while making sure my wife doesn't feel like she's been replaced!!!

Ownership so far very positive. Lots of camera phones trained on me now. Still, I'm thrilled. Looking forward to some good weather this week to drive her, and will try to post write up on my thread Monday.

Super busy weekend!!
post #8 of 21 Old 05-06-2013, 08:25 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 199
Quote:
She (now what if you were a female owner? would it be a "HE"?)
No it will always be a "she".

"He's" would never cause as much trouble and worry as this car will.

"He's" are never pretty and breathtakingly beautiful (my wife argues with that one, she says some are)
post #9 of 21 Old 05-06-2013, 09:08 PM Thread Starter

mike...

Well stated Mike. SHE she is. Wife insists i have to give HER a nickname. ehhehe.
maybe one of the italians can make a suggestion or 2.

I'm waiting for an ETA from the shop!!! just asked them to tint the side windows for me. want some privacy on the city roads and will roll windows down on country roads with less eyes on me.
post #10 of 21 Old 05-13-2013, 01:34 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 109
The longer I have mine, the more I want to do nothing but drive it. Took a 250 Mile cannonball run through the Texas Hill Country on Tuesday....first good run I have been able to do since I replaced the mounts and did other misc maint work.

It seems the more I drive her the better the more she wants me too.. ... sooooo in short....there are no honeymoons in paradise!

post #11 of 21 Old 05-13-2013, 08:20 PM Thread Starter

bond

cbond,

i'd love to do a 250 mile or more run in the 430. I cant wait til she finally comes home! i've been thinking about the first drive and where we'd go. my parents? well, they live 4 blocks away so not too exciting...my mom is partly to blame as she bought me my first Ferrari book at the age of 11. BTW nice picture CBond.
post #12 of 21 Old 05-14-2013, 08:30 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 109
Quote:
cbond,

i'd love to do a 250 mile or more run in the 430. I cant wait til she finally comes home! i've been thinking about the first drive and where we'd go. my parents? well, they live 4 blocks away so not too exciting...my mom is partly to blame as she bought me my first Ferrari book at the age of 11. BTW nice picture CBond.

Thanks Cheng!

I am sending you a link to watch a vid of her cooling down after our little run....
post #13 of 21 Old 05-18-2013, 10:18 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 226
Garage
I too am still in the honeymoon phase with my 03 spider and its been 6 years. I did take a 99 Diablo SV as a mistress.
post #14 of 21 Old 05-19-2013, 05:49 PM Thread Starter

net

netman,

i toyed with the daiblo idea also for a short time. i learned that the maintenance onthe earlier diablos and murcie's were a lot more than i could handle. the 360's and F430's seem to be more "reasonable" if there is such a thing. not to mention, visibility is a little better vs the Lambo. That being said, sure wouldn't be bad to own the F car and the Lambo as in your case! congrats on the mistress! how about a picture of them together???
post #15 of 21 Old 05-19-2013, 07:25 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 470
Picture of the wife and Mistress together? Have you gone mad??????

But if you can pull it off.... You are el mas macho......

Scott

I have regretted often, but repented never. Is this a good thing? -Enzo Ferrari
2012 California Argento Nurburgring /Nero 2005 F430 Nero 6spd. 2009 Maserati GT-S F1
post #16 of 21 Old 05-20-2013, 11:34 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 14
My wife named my red F430 spyder the first day! Her name is Bella Forza... it's Italian for beautiful strength.

-Michael

F430 Spyder
post #17 of 21 Old 05-24-2013, 04:28 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 41
Cheng, how long are you from delivery man?
post #18 of 21 Old 05-25-2013, 09:05 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 979
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwireless View Post
My wife named my red F430 spyder the first day! Her name is Bella Forza... it's Italian beautiful strength.
Awesome name

And yes, Cheng, any updates? Got your baby yet?

Maserati GranTurismo MC - Giallo yellow
Porsche 911 GT3 RS - black with orange accents - wife's car
F355 Berlinetta - Giallo Modena, 6-speed manual, carbon sport seats -recently traded in
Porsche Cayenne Turbo S
post #19 of 21 Old 05-25-2013, 08:57 PM Thread Starter

nice name..

hmm...good idea for license plate!!

F430 was supposed to be here by now but truck got delayed....new ETA is this coming wed/thurs...driver will call me tues to give better date and time...its all coming together now...got my spare key, cover, flashlight..etc etc...OEM window sticker on its way also!!! yippee!!! can't wait to see her roll off the truck! will post pictures when that happens....counting the days down now! T-4 days..=/-1 day.
post #20 of 21 Old 05-26-2013, 06:01 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 979
Awesome news Cheng. Yes please post lots of pics of her being delivered. I would love to see them!

Maserati GranTurismo MC - Giallo yellow
Porsche 911 GT3 RS - black with orange accents - wife's car
F355 Berlinetta - Giallo Modena, 6-speed manual, carbon sport seats -recently traded in
Porsche Cayenne Turbo S

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode