F430 My F430 - Page 2 - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 38 Old 05-10-2013, 05:07 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 270
Quote:
Originally Posted by chenglo1 View Post
The slightly sad part is that the trucking people may not be able to pick her up until a couple weeks from now. oh well. i waited since i was 11 y.o. so a couple more weeks shouldn't hurt. The reasoning from the trucking company is that it's primetime for the snowbirds to get their cars back to where they want them.
THIS SUCKS! I'm sorry man. I can't say I feel your pain, since I was fortunate enough to BUY LOCAL!!!!!

Good luck with the waiting - I apologize but it's probably going to be excruciating. You need to divert your attention. Build out your garage by finishing the floor and hanging some nice Ferrari art - maybe that'll help. Or buy a plane ticket and go see her - and drive her home yourself!!!!

Edit: I assume you're now the legal owner - if so, have you got her on your insurance policy? Since she's out of your control, and if you own her, it'll be BAD news for you if something awful happens to her. Just a thought.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 38 Old 05-10-2013, 05:46 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 10,022
Congratulations!

Very good looking 430!!!

Enjoy your new Ferrari
post #23 of 38 Old 05-10-2013, 07:17 PM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 531
insurance

Raj and others,

I was advised by salesperson NOT to insure my car yet with my company until it gets onto the truck. the service place where it is at is supposed to be responsible for her and then when on the truck, the trucking people...then when off the truck, my insurance...so i was following advice from salesperson...what should i do???

post #24 of 38 Old 05-10-2013, 07:30 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 470
Insure it

Cheng

If something happens you are covered. Your covered as a minimum and the lawyers can fight it out if they don't have coverage.

No reason not to.

Scotts

I have regretted often, but repented never. Is this a good thing? -Enzo Ferrari
2012 California Argento Nurburgring /Nero 2005 F430 Nero 6spd. 2009 Maserati GT-S F1
post #25 of 38 Old 05-10-2013, 10:27 PM Thread Starter

done

okay...got off phone with insurance people. F430 fully covered under my name. my company would be last in line to pay out if anything should happen to car b4 it makes it home i believe. keep my fingers crossed that my luck holds up. i cant even believe the rate i got!!!
post #26 of 38 Old 05-10-2013, 10:36 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 979
That's great news Cheng. I don't think anything will happen with the delivery, but you can never be too careful. Sounds like you're fully insured.

Maserati GranTurismo MC - Giallo yellow
Porsche 911 GT3 RS - black with orange accents - wife's car
F355 Berlinetta - Giallo Modena, 6-speed manual, carbon sport seats -recently traded in
Porsche Cayenne Turbo S
post #27 of 38 Old 05-10-2013, 11:45 PM Thread Starter

Update

Any news on 355?
post #28 of 38 Old 05-11-2013, 07:27 AM
Owner

Quote:
Any news on 355?

Cheng,

Didn't want to hi-jack your thread, but after they replaced the loose plug, it seems to be working well, and they checked the car throughout. they've driven it several times and no issues has came up since, I'm flying to Dallas at the end of May to pick her up and drive her home. Will be a nice break from work and a fun drive. There are some winding roads on the way.

F355 Berlinetta - Giallo Modena, 6-speed manual, carbon sport seats -recently traded in
Porsche Cayenne Turbo S
post #29 of 38 Old 05-11-2013, 08:16 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 61
Cheng
Sorry to hear about your delayed delivery...But I have a solution for you and save you money.

Suppose I pick car up and deliver stopping off to visit Taz and Mike and also Raj..that is if I get invited don't want to impose but all the members would like to check your beautiful baby out.

Oh, and I will pay for the gas. I ordered your shirt however thr cap is on backorder..go figure that out

Be well my friend

Don. Naples
post #30 of 38 Old 05-11-2013, 10:03 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 199
Drive it home !!!
post #31 of 38 Old 05-11-2013, 10:39 AM
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by knutzl99 View Post
Cheng
Sorry to hear about your delayed delivery...But I have a solution for you and save you money.

Suppose I pick car up and deliver stopping off to visit Taz and Mike and also Raj..that is if I get invited don't want to impose but all the members would like to check your beautiful baby out.

Oh, and I will pay for the gas. I ordered your shirt however thr cap is on backorder..go figure that out

Be well my friend

Don. Naples
Don,
I'm assuming you're talking about me, if so, you guys are always welcome to my house! Got more than enough room. That would be awesome! And you can drive my F355 as comparison

Porsche Cayenne Turbo S
post #32 of 38 Old 05-11-2013, 01:21 PM Thread Starter

Sounds fun

Don id insist on joinig u! You'd need relief every now and then ya know. I think a cross country drive in the ferrari should be on all of our bucket lists.

Mike, be neat to check out ur 355 for sure. Slight chance i may be in texas in sept for a rifle shooting event. Forgot what town though.
post #33 of 38 Old 05-11-2013, 02:18 PM
Owner

Quote:
Don id insist on joinig u! You'd need relief every now and then ya know. I think a cross country drive in the ferrari should be on all of our bucket lists.

Mike, be neat to check out ur 355 for sure. Slight chance i may be in texas in sept for a rifle shooting event. Forgot what town though.
Cheng

I PM'd you the town. Rifle shooting event? You don't seem like the type! Lol

Porsche Cayenne Turbo S
post #34 of 38 Old 05-11-2013, 04:06 PM Thread Starter

Mike...

Well, if ya saw the types of guns i shoot, you might understand. Pm'd you some pics since this is meant for F cars. However, one of the guns will blend right in with rosso corsa F430. My F430 has the HIFI option which has a pair of subs in the rear section. This will make it very dificult for me to transport said rifles to the range...oh well...at least i can put my camera gear in the trunk...
post #35 of 38 Old 05-20-2013, 08:48 PM Thread Starter

The Transporter...

Funny thing...the owner of the shop that WAS taking car of my F430 sounds so much like Jason Statham from the movie The Transporter...So today, got the heads up that the Transporter just loaded up the F430. YES SIREE BOB!!! she's on her way home...i paid for all work that and she should look brand spankin new when she gets off the truck! here's a list of what was done post sale from the dealership:

1. add brand new front tires
2. front end alignment
3. clear bra front bumper and portion of hood (should have done full hood-didnt enter my mind at the time)
4. install battery tender pigtails and sell new battery tender
5. re-paint window trim passenger side- paint bubbling on orig black paint
6. tint side windows and quarters
7. detail interior (leather not clean enough for me), exterior and engine compartment

Would have been nice to see pictures of her being loaded! but oh well...service guy is way to busy i suppose.
Will keep ya'll posted!!!!
post #36 of 38 Old 05-20-2013, 09:05 PM
Owner

Awesome news Cheng.

Did they give you an ETA on actual delivery?

Porsche Cayenne Turbo S
post #37 of 38 Old 05-20-2013, 09:22 PM Thread Starter

eta

Mike,

no ETA yet. transport company never even called me. Fastcars emailed me for payment on the work they did and thats when they told me car was picked up. those are some nice guys, Fastcars, they shipped my car without even getting my money. thats trust for ya. So i reciprocated with prompt payment.

Aren;t you getting close to flying out to Dallas to meet up with a hot lady in a yellow dress??? you ever seen the movie, the rock? stars nicholas cage and sean connery. the highlight of the movie for me is the scene where nicholas cage gets to beat on a yellow F355. if you havet seen it, you totally should!
post #38 of 38 Old 05-20-2013, 09:32 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 239
Cheng
Very happy for you. Hope the car gets to you soon
Ernie

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode