F430 Inaccurate F1 Clutch Readings. - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 05-01-2013, 11:50 AM Thread Starter
Master Mechanic

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,219
Inaccurate F1 Clutch Readings.

First, I agree whole heartedly with some of Brian's comments about not trusting the computer calculation 100%. Building off that, I have now come across a handful of 430's with inaccurate clutch wear readings via Indies and Dealers.

Since I run a Leonardo, I can't speak completely for the SD3, but there is an issue stemming from the ability to select (2) different TCU versions, both of which will communicate, only one of which provides "accurate" information.

I have now found this to be an emerging problem with clutch wear readings, which can be attributed to the technician reading out the wrong TCU version and providing an optimistic or pessimistic wear read out.

Part of my interest in making this thread is to get feedback from other guys using the Leo and SD3 systems. Are you guys also seeing drastically incorrect wear reports being provided, due to techs not verifying the TCU version?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 05-03-2013, 03:39 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 121
I have an SD3. You have to select which year the car is to connect to the TCU. For example, If you try to hook up to an '04 with an early year car selected it won't even start comms. I also have an ST-05, i have to admit i don't use it too much but i'll hook it up next time i'm looking at a 360 for comparison..
post #3 of 3 Old 05-03-2013, 10:02 AM Thread Starter
Master Mechanic

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,219
Thanks Eddie, I expected there to be a process to protect from misreading. This makes me even more curious as to how a TCU could have been misread at the dealer.

I went so far as to access the TCU and verify the version as printed on the label.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode