360 Eurospares disappointment - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 29 Old 04-19-2013, 11:31 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 200
Eurospares disappointment

I ordered a timing belt - tensioners set from Eurospares for my 360, When i got them and opened the box it was looked like this

When i asked them why there were no boxes, the told me that boxes were smashed but things are original (oh really?)
So is it a reputable shop or just a junkyard?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 Old 04-19-2013, 12:35 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 11,859
Mike- I prefer Maranello Classic Parts or Ricambi. A few of my friends have ordered ECUs from Eurospares and gotten the wrong part number with the one they wanted magic markered on the box.

Taz
Terry Phillips

Present: 575M 135171
Past: Dino 246 GT 02984, 365 GTB/4 14009, 308 GTS 25125

Every day I look around, and if nobody is shooting at me, it is a pretty good day.
post #3 of 29 Old 04-19-2013, 05:25 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,199
Eurospares have quite a checkered record with me. Usually the new parts I've bought are not in Ferrari boxes, suggesting that they're either from the OEM's (in the case of the Dayco timing belts) or they're simply Chinese ripoffs.

The used parts are always a mixed bag too - they get it right maybe a little more than half the time. Last year I purchased a 575 thermostat cover from them, and they sent me a 550 version. Similar but not what I wanted or specified. Recently I purchased a 550 rear water manifold, and they sent me something that was similar but had the ports in the wrong place. Not even sure it was a Ferrari part, so I called them on it and they said that's all they had. Bought the correct manifold from them two weeks later - did they offer to make the first one right? Of course not.

Russ @ FerrParts is a far better source for used & cheap OEM parts, but his "kits" are full of dodgy no-name stuff too. The thing about Russ is that if you tell him you want "only" Ferrari parts, not the no-name stuff, he'll make it right. Eurospares will just say "tough" or they'll go into their smoke & mirrors and obfuscation mode.

With the breakers, you pays your money and you takes your chances.......

'99 550, Rosso Corsa / Nero, S/N:114654, Assy: 31836, Engine: 52084

High mileage, low compression, and missing on a few cylinders.....just like my cars.

Maranello Skunkworks Team Member

post #4 of 29 Old 04-19-2013, 11:57 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,343
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikegr View Post
[INDENT] I ordered a timing belt - tensioners set from Eurospares for my 360, When i got them and opened the box it was looked like this ]
That's not cool not at all I would send it straight back and request immediate refund. No kidding with timing belts... I never ordered parts from Eurospares. I order all my parts from Capristo, they are cheaper, 100% original Ferrari parts in boxes labelled Genuine Ferrari parts + part #. Some small parts like gaskets come in small plastic bags but the bags are always labeled. Never had an issue since many years.
post #5 of 29 Old 04-20-2013, 07:53 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Is there any way to make sure that tensioners are OEM? Seems that they are made by SFK as i saw a marking on them.
Now i see why they don't accept Paypal. So they can avoid money claims
post #6 of 29 Old 04-20-2013, 07:56 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 979
they don't accept Paypal? pretty fishy if you ask me.

did you pay with your credit card? if so, make an honest effort to get your money back from the seller if you're not happy. if they won't, (and you paid with a credit card), call the credit card company up and tell them the situation. they'll usually refund your money if you made a good attempt to get a refund.

best of luck

Maserati GranTurismo MC - Giallo yellow
Porsche 911 GT3 RS - black with orange accents - wife's car
F355 Berlinetta - Giallo Modena, 6-speed manual, carbon sport seats -recently traded in
Porsche Cayenne Turbo S
post #7 of 29 Old 04-20-2013, 08:59 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari is buying bearings from China now. The only way I know to get genuine SKF tensioner bearings is to buy them from Hill Engineering, who get them directly from SKF, or from Ricambi, who get theirs from HE.

Taz
Terry Phillips

Every day I look around, and if nobody is shooting at me, it is a pretty good day.
post #8 of 29 Old 04-20-2013, 01:18 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,232
Hi guys,
that is crazy....
I buyed two times from eurospares UK, first time the ECU locks and two spring gas, the last month I buyed the WM of my 575, original Ferrari and nothing problem, there is italians and I phoned him.
The anticipate payment by credit card ....
Personally i didn't had problem but for the future i'm not sure .....
Terry told me about the bad reputation of ES .... but i did not want to believe ....
I'm sorry that also an Italian make these bad things ...
Thanks of informations.

Fabio

PRESENT: 575 F1 HGTC ROSSO CORSA 2004' - MB CLS 350 CGI 2007'
PAST: 550 ROSSO CORSA 1998' - MB CLK 240 2002'
post #9 of 29 Old 04-24-2013, 12:03 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 151
Another company to try is Superformance in the UK - I've only ever needed 1 small part but they were spot on.
post #10 of 29 Old 04-24-2013, 12:34 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 230
If you want original parts Superperformance is maybe not the best of choice.

I have ordered part from them in the past and at two times I decided to return the parts. This was suspension bushings that weren't even close to original. I have heard good things about Scuderia Systems Original Parts and will try them next time.

I have bought most of my parts from ES before but their service isn't what I expect anymore. Shipping is expensive and they don’t communicate very well. I have gotten only parts of my order without any notice, putting me in a position where I have to find the parts elsewhere, very frustrating…

Ferrari 430 Scuderia 2008/12
(Ferrari 355 GTS F1 -99)
(Ferrari 355 GTS F1 -98)
post #11 of 29 Old 04-24-2013, 03:40 AM
Owner
Sponsor

Ferrari Life Posts: 962
We send our cost conscious, quality-indifferent customers to Wal-Mart, Pep-Boyz or NAPA...There's plenty of crap Ferrari parts everywhere. The problem starts when the uneducated "experts" sees the "same" part at a European supplier for half the price of a reputable US-based supplier and feels that they're either "getting a deal" or "getting screwed" and paying a "Ferrari premium.".

Next...

Sarasota Italian Garage, LLC
Sarasota, FL
www.fluentinferrari.com
[email protected]

**An independent facility with no affiliation with Ferrari SpA**

Last edited by David @ FluentInFerrari; 04-24-2013 at 03:47 AM.
post #12 of 29 Old 04-24-2013, 04:03 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastradio2 View Post
We send our cost conscious, quality-indifferent customers to Wal-Mart, Pep-Boyz or NAPA...There's plenty of crap Ferrari parts everywhere. The problem starts when the uneducated "experts" sees the "same" part at a European supplier for half the price of a reputable US-based supplier and feels that they're either "getting a deal" or "getting screwed" and paying a "Ferrari premium.".

Next...
Taking consideration that Ferrari car prices are higher in US, it is very likely that parts are the same expensive. There are good expensive Ferrari parts and expensive crappy Ferrari parts. Who wants to pay 500$ for a low quality Fiat door lock?
post #13 of 29 Old 04-24-2013, 04:52 AM
Owner
Sponsor

There's expensive junk everywhere. My point was that you need to know exactly what you're buying and from whom....Not all parts are equal. The same holds true for vendors...

Sarasota, FL
www.fluentinferrari.com
[email protected]

post #14 of 29 Old 04-24-2013, 07:27 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 121
Quote:

Next...
Hmmm...I had this very argument with an owner last week, who had bought cheap-ass chinese MAF units for his car then couldn't understand why it ran like crap.....
post #15 of 29 Old 04-24-2013, 08:20 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikegr View Post
I ordered a timing belt - tensioners set from Eurospares for my 360, When i got them and opened the box it was looked like this

When i asked them why there were no boxes, the told me that boxes were smashed but things are original (oh really?)
So is it a reputable shop or just a junkyard?
Mike- If you pay 72 and ordered the orginal timing belt, return them back and demand either a new original cambelt with prancing horse or your money back.
But if you pay 27 , than it means that you ordered pattern one, which they are also product of DAYCO but without prancing horse. And for the boxes you are rite, as they buy these things from Chinese suppliers (like Ferrari factory) they are selling it without boxes. As others mentioned you can go for a HE tensioners (even there are some fake HE products in the market, please check HE web site) or local dealer.
But according to my dozens of past experiences with Eurospares, I can say that they are reputable and good at their job.
post #16 of 29 Old 04-24-2013, 08:44 AM
Owner
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferraricyprus View Post
Hmmm...I had this very argument with an owner last week, who had bought cheap-ass chinese MAF units for his car then couldn't understand why it ran like crap.....
Obviously, this is your fault...right?

Sarasota, FL
www.fluentinferrari.com
[email protected]

post #17 of 29 Old 04-24-2013, 09:01 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,833
Quote:
Obviously, this is your fault...right?

Well I was just reading that too and my first reaction was, how long until Chinese MAF's are OE?

You and I know well how cost concious Ferrari is when sourcing parts.

Probably down to a negotiation on how large a vacation home in China the head of purchasing will get.

And they need to give his wife's deadbeat brother a job.

Last edited by Brian; 04-24-2013 at 09:08 AM.
post #18 of 29 Old 04-24-2013, 09:07 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 121
You got it. Charged him only 1 hour labor to diagnose the bad startup/idle with my 25,000 SD3 and then a 'scope check of MAF signal and he then took it away to fit his own eBay bargain MAF's because i was to expensive....
post #19 of 29 Old 04-24-2013, 10:05 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Eddie- Will probably die on him somewhere, so you will see him again. If you want to, that is.

Taz
Terry Phillips

post #20 of 29 Old 04-24-2013, 10:08 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferraricyprus View Post
You got it. Charged him only 1 hour labor to diagnose the bad startup/idle with my 25,000 SD3 and then a 'scope check of MAF signal and he then took it away to fit his own eBay bargain MAF's because i was to expensive....

You mean you actually charged him?

You crook you!!!

Ferrari tax man.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode