360 Eurospares disappointment - Page 2 - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 29 Old 04-24-2013, 09:14 AM
Master Mechanic

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,219
But Ferraris are maintenance heavy, unreliable, over priced Fiats. Why wouldn't someone put cheap Chinese junk on their Ferrari, surely it's going to be even better and cost even less...

Just because the parts come in a Yellow box, doesn't mean they're perfect either. There is great value in doing business with people that understand the parts they're peddling. The job isn't as simple and shipping and receiving packages.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 29 Old 04-24-2013, 09:14 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 121
I know Brian. Absolute theft. I don't know how I sleep at night.....
post #23 of 29 Old 04-24-2013, 10:53 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECSofVirginia View Post
But Ferraris are maintenance heavy, unreliable, over priced Fiats. Why wouldn't someone put cheap Chinese junk on their Ferrari, surely it's going to be even better and cost even less...

Just because the parts come in a Yellow box, doesn't mean they're perfect either. There is great value in doing business with people that understand the parts they're peddling. The job isn't as simple and shipping and receiving packages.

The parts supply situation has turned into a real minefield. There is no single source for what you need no matter what age of car you are working on. And the sad part is that even with parts for the new cars we need to pay attention what is coming out of the boxes from Ferrari. They are using an ever greater amount of OE suppliers of even more qusetionable reliability than ever.

post #24 of 29 Old 04-24-2013, 10:56 AM
Owner
Sponsor

Ferrari Life Posts: 967
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferraricyprus View Post
You got it. Charged him only 1 hour labor to diagnose the bad startup/idle with my 25,000 SD3 and then a 'scope check of MAF signal and he then took it away to fit his own eBay bargain MAF's because i was to expensive....
You're way too cheap. I'm sending all my cost-conscious clients to you...

Sarasota Italian Garage, LLC
Sarasota, FL
www.fluentinferrari.com
[email protected]

**An independent facility with no affiliation with Ferrari SpA**
post #25 of 29 Old 04-24-2013, 11:14 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 121
Gee...thanks David..you're a pal!
post #26 of 29 Old 04-24-2013, 11:48 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakankuy View Post
Mike- If you pay 72 and ordered the orginal timing belt, return them back and demand either a new original cambelt with prancing horse or your money back.
But if you pay 27 , than it means that you ordered pattern one, which they are also product of DAYCO but without prancing horse. And for the boxes you are rite, as they buy these things from Chinese suppliers (like Ferrari factory) they are selling it without boxes. As others mentioned you can go for a HE tensioners (even there are some fake HE products in the market, please check HE web site) or local dealer.
But according to my dozens of past experiences with Eurospares, I can say that they are reputable and good at their job.
Thanx for the info. It's too much trouble to send back the belts for such a small ammount. I hope that these Dayco branded are equal in quality with Ferrari logo belts since they come from the same factory. They offered me also to send the boxes to me but i don't think that matters that much
post #27 of 29 Old 04-26-2013, 12:55 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,203
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
Well I was just reading that too and my first reaction was, how long until Chinese MAF's are OE?

You and I know well how cost concious Ferrari is when sourcing parts.

Probably down to a negotiation on how large a vacation home in China the head of purchasing will get.

And they need to give his wife's deadbeat brother a job.

This is Ferrari's problem as I see it. Might have the best engineers, concept, and some parts even mfgr'd to quality, but in other cases the outsourcing then goes to hell and that is where a $200,000 concept paid vehicle falls down.

I'm not just talking the nibly parts like switches or windows or [on and on and on] things, but some serious connection items.

We've heard this concept to paid expense to expectation fall short year after year.

As a side note: IF ANYONE feels they can trust, Chinese products then I have a [Bay] Bridge and some toothpaste you might want to say away from...

Guide to the Galaxy: Don't Panic
Rik -- LAH !

Current:
Past:
1990 Mondial T Cabriolet SN 86247 : Red/Tan
1995 456 GT 2+2 SN 99987 : Roso Metalizzato [Fer 311/C] & Tan
post #28 of 29 Old 04-29-2013, 10:41 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 200
So, i changed the belts but my mechanic suggested me to replace the front bearings as well because these are the ones that makes some noise. Do you know the part numbers?
post #29 of 29 Old 04-30-2013, 06:12 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikegr View Post
So, i changed the belts but my mechanic suggested me to replace the front bearings as well because these are the ones that makes some noise. Do you know the part numbers?
Mike I sent you PM.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode