Ferrari Life

Ferrari Life (https://www.ferrarilife.com/forums/)
-   Modern V8s: 360, F430 (https://www.ferrarilife.com/forums/modern-v8s-360-f430/)
-   -   360 Vapor Barrier in Front Luggage Compartment (https://www.ferrarilife.com/forums/modern-v8s-360-f430/20611-vapor-barrier-front-luggage.html)

bisel 04-07-2013 08:30 AM

Vapor Barrier in Front Luggage Compartment

When I removed the rear fiber panel in the luggage panel, I discovered the white vapor barrier had a tear in it. Not a big deal, but I also needed to remove the vapor barrier so I can gain access to the firewall to route my new audio amplifier cables.

When replacing the vapor barrier, I could merely use some aluminum tape to seal the tear and tape down the edges ... or I could just replace the vapor barrier.

What is the Ferrari name for this vapor barrier? Where can i get this material? Or, can I just use a piece of home construction vapor barrier material like a piece of Tyvek or plastic sheeting.

Thanks

Steve

StefVan 04-07-2013 12:16 PM

Steve, I don't think this vapor shield is available as a separate part. Dealers use large rolls of them and cut out the needed shape after a maintenance operation. I guess any similar vapor barrier product should do the job.

netman 04-07-2013 07:50 PM

Contact Daniel at Ricambi. He sold me one for about 60.00

Snowman 04-08-2013 09:37 AM

Ferrari Parts, Ferrari Accessories, and Ferrari Performance Products - Ricambi America, Inc.

Part number 66212900.

$69.52 from Ricambi.
27.17 from Eurospares.

bisel 04-08-2013 12:14 PM

Thanks for the info. At $70 for a sheet of plastic foam whose purpose if merely to serve as a vapor barrier, I am thinking for far less money I can cut a piece of Tyvek vapor barrier and accomplish the same. Or perhaps a 7 mil thick piece of plastic sheeting. Anyone think this would not work? I don't want jeopardize the purpose of the barrier with a a home grown solution that may not work.

Steve

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snowman (Post 242797)
Ferrari Parts, Ferrari Accessories, and Ferrari Performance Products - Ricambi America, Inc.

Part number 66212900.

$69.52 from Ricambi.
27.17 from Eurospares.

Zcobra1 04-08-2013 09:13 PM

As long as it keeps water spray out, you are good. I bought a new Ferrari one, and feel ripped off.....
Repair the one you have or use any other barrier material that will work.
And yes, it is needed, unless you never ever drive with water on the road.