360 Reintroducing myself -- with pix this time... - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 Old 04-01-2013, 07:07 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6
Reintroducing myself -- with pix this time...

Hi all. I introduced myself on the main "introductions" thread a few weeks back, but wanted to do so again on the 360 forum with pictures this time. The dealer took some great ones for the ad, so I just cribbed from there.

She's a 2004 Modena six-speed, red (I'm too much of a newbie to use say the color in Italian...) with red-stitched black interior, front and rear challenge grills, red calipers, manual Daytonas, shields, and base wheels -- JUST as I would've ordered her new. I bought her with 8,065 miles and, after my first week of driving, the odometer now reads 8,800!

Her maiden voyage was a trip from Manhattan Beach, CA (home) to San Luis Obispo, CA for wine tasting and trail running. Bear in mind that I'd never even driven a 360 until mine arrived from Cauley Ferrari in the Detroit, MI area, the week before. What a car! Though not nearly as fast as some of the other cars I've owned, it's easily the most satisfying drive I've ever experienced. Given that my current DD is a 2013 GT-R, and that I was underwhelmed recently by my first drive in an F355 Berlinetta, I was pretty darn worried that she might feel a tad underpowered. Not in the least. She pulls strong from the low-3K range, and I actually appreciate being able to accelerate deep into the rev-range without reaching massively unlawful speeds. And everything else is better than hoped. Just a really, really solid piece of gear. Ride, handling, seats/driving position, gearbox, storage space -- everything is fantastic. After being so worried about taking the "plunge" -- or should I say leap -- from Porsche, it's already hard to imagine not having a Ferrari in my garage. They're worth every damn penny...

As all of you know, one of the most fun/interesting aspects of Ferrari ownership is experiencing the reactions of others. My favorites are the kids -- I see so much of my younger self in them as they walk up to the car, camera-phone deployed, with a huge grin on their face. If possible, I'll let them hop in the driver's seat, but I always give them at least a couple 5K+ throttle blips. So fun. Speaking of throttle blips, the original owner fitted my car with a Nouvalari exhaust. I don't know much about the Italian aftermarket exhausts, but I know this one sounds amazing. Others' perspectives on Nouvalari vs other 360 exhaust options would be appreciated. It's hard to imagine the car sounding better, but because it's not stock, it's one of the few elements I'd consider changing.

Anyway, enough of my blather. Here she is...
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 Old 04-01-2013, 08:03 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 24
Congrats....she is beautiful and looks like new

---------------------------------
Daily driver: 987S - black/black
Just4fun: 360 Modena - blu pozzi/tan
post #3 of 17 Old 04-02-2013, 12:11 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 4,348
Congrats John. Looks brand new!
Enjoy in good health.

Ferrari's: 360 Modena, 550 Maranello
Ex's: Dino 308 GT4, 612 Scaglietti
The Rest: Rolls Royce Silver Shadow, Porsche 911 2.7s, Porsche 911 3.2 Carerra, Ducati 916... and the Land Rovers

post #4 of 17 Old 04-02-2013, 12:35 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,127
Congrts, John. She looks great and I love the color combo!
Enjoy in good health

Jeroen

Italian bella's:
550 Maranello 7-2000 nero/nero
1974 Ducati 750 Yellow Sport
1974 Ducati 350 Desmo Yellow Sport
2010 Ducati Multistrada 1200S
(And a few Alfa Romeo's and Range Rovers)

Power is nothing without control
post #5 of 17 Old 04-02-2013, 12:59 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 624
Hi John, yes she is like new.....so to solve that driver her hard and driver often Enjoy,

Cheers
Michael

Current Fcars: 360 Modena
Gone but not forgotten: 360 Spider, 575M, F430.
Other stuff: '71 Holden GTS Monaro, '80 BMW Alpina B9, '74 Porsche Targa, Caterham, MB CL500, Land Rover Discovery.
post #6 of 17 Old 04-02-2013, 07:32 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 979
Many congrats John. Beautiful 360, and love it she's a manual!

Enjoy her in good health

Maserati GranTurismo MC - Giallo yellow
Porsche 911 GT3 RS - black with orange accents - wife's car
F355 Berlinetta - Giallo Modena, 6-speed manual, carbon sport seats -recently traded in
Porsche Cayenne Turbo S
post #7 of 17 Old 04-02-2013, 01:14 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 63
Welcome and congrats! Great color combo and with all the right options! And its a 6 speed manual!

Cheers

2010 599 HGTE
post #8 of 17 Old 04-02-2013, 03:24 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 36
Wow that's clean!

Reggie

2007 Glacier Frost GS350
2006 Obsidian GS300
post #9 of 17 Old 04-02-2013, 06:06 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 531
John

Congrats John! Extremely happy that you are lovin the 360! keep us posted onyour driving experience. I'm espcially interrested in hearing how she compares to the GTR. My buddies are telling me to go GTR over F430....AND over 360... so its nice to hear you are impressed.
post #10 of 17 Old 04-02-2013, 06:54 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 768
Congrats on the new toy. Great looking machine.Hope you have lots of fun with it.
If you need anything for your car , please let me know. I have a great set of hand made mats with your colour comb and red stitching. Check out the thread on mats by Daytona. Let me know if you are interested.
Thanks
Alex.
post #11 of 17 Old 04-03-2013, 05:53 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 270
Quote:
Originally Posted by chenglo1 View Post
My buddies are telling me to go GTR over F430....AND over 360...
Your buddies will tell you to go GTR all day, but they don't know how much more exciting and engaging an F430 is than the GTR. That's where the money is! Even the 360 has more "soul" and "passion" than the GTR. The "intangible" aspects of a car are something the Italian's know much better than the Japanese!!
post #12 of 17 Old 04-03-2013, 11:09 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 9,567
if it helps you any, i have put a couple hours behind the wheel of a GTR at speed and I still don't want one. Specially not over a ferrari. Still great cars, no doubt. But I found them soulless.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #13 of 17 Old 04-03-2013, 12:54 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6
Thanks all for the nice words -- much appreciated.

Re: the GT-R vs 430. I've never driven a 430, but I'm guessing it's a bit like a 360, only with a lot more power and a somewhat nicer interior. In other words, really, really nice. It's tough to compare the GT-R and 430, namely because one could buy a new or virtually new 2013 GT-R for ~$85-90K, while a perfect 430 will run anywhere from $130-150K. That said, if I were choosing between the two, I'm certain I'd take the 430, if only because I'd rather have my 360 than my GT-R!

From a pure performance standpoint, the 2013+ GT-R (stock: 545hp, 0-60 in 2.8 seconds, 1/4 mile in 11.1, Nurburgring in 7:24) will destroy a 430, both in a straight line and around corners. That said, one really needs to be really hauling ass in a GT-R for it to feel exciting. And hauling ass in a GT-R is massively illegal. If the 430 is anything like the 360, it's exciting/rewarding at any speed.

In terms of GT-R/Ferrari comparisons, I actually don't think I'd compare the GT-R to a mid-engine V8. Even though the GT-R is a performer on or near the level of a 458, it's really configured like a GT, with rear seats (although small) and a huge trunk. Thus, a more appropriate comparison is to a front engine V12 2+2 GT car like the 612. I've never driven a 612, but I suspect I'd like it. More than a 2013 GT-R? Dunno. Maybe not $20-40K more, which is the premium one would pay for the 612.

Bottom line: if you're choosing between the GT-R and the 430, and have the means to buy a mint 430, then by all means get the 430.

Am attaching a few pics of my GT-R -- thought you guys might appreciate what I did with the rear trunk. Replaced the stock, winged lid with a duckbill lid similar in overall design to that found on a 550/575/599.

Cheers, John
Attached Images

post #14 of 17 Old 04-03-2013, 03:12 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 9,567
check out the katies thread in the MD section. just had 23 gt-r's show up at the C&C locally. very active group. video of a little gt-r drive i went on last year. had over 20 on that run.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #15 of 17 Old 04-03-2013, 07:51 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 768
Ferrari will always be a Ferrari and a Nissan will only be a Nissan. Remember Acura NSX was going to be the next Ferrari .Where are they know.
Alex.
post #16 of 17 Old 04-06-2013, 08:13 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 86
Hi there just wanted to add my experience regarding r35 n 360. I bought my gtr in 2008 n honestly it represented the state of the art tech in 21st century . In tech wise it is light year ahead of ANYTHING before 458 n mp4 12c arrive. N even today out in the real world if anybody can drive anything faster on the road, 458 etc included i will lost anything. That thing has no turbo lag, power was instantaneous. I had cobb ecu remapped with y pipe installed simple modded with 550hp. Tracked road race n driven at 300km i think i knew car the quite well.

On the other hand the recent acquisition of the 360 spider manuel has proved to be one of my most satisfactory ownership ever. Now i m referring to this mainly with the stick shift course with it , it gives u that that old school driver involvement that a semi auto or duel clutch cannot provide. N one very important aspect that a Ferrari can give u is the sound! No matter how u play around with the exhaust of the gtr the 5 valve 360 engine will blow it away.

If u ask me which one to get if u r a speed freak u have to get the gtr course it will blow everything away n sorry to say speed wise the 360 will not see its tail light. Oh n sorry those who argue f car will corner faster u havent seen the r35 perform. Yet if u r looking for a nice blast over the weekend listening to that awesome f sound looking at that f car curvature nothing beats a ferrari. Even better if u r getting that superb gated shifter !!!!!!

Financially if allowed get both :-) :-)
post #17 of 17 Old 04-08-2013, 07:39 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDriveM5 View Post
Your buddies will tell you to go GTR all day, but they don't know how much more exciting and engaging an F430 is than the GTR. That's where the money is! Even the 360 has more "soul" and "passion" than the GTR. The "intangible" aspects of a car are something the Italian's know much better than the Japanese!!
+1,,, not even close, btw

Present- 2007 F430 Spider, 2011 MB CL 550
Past- E63 AMG, 911 GTS, M5, M3

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode