F430 Ideal suspension setting for Scud - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 03-31-2013, 04:07 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 28
Ideal suspension setting for Scud

I am sorry to drag this up again, I know it has been covered, I read it, but I can't find the thread.

Just to confirm please the ideal road setting on the Scud : Set it to race, then activate the soft damper button. There are now three symbols in the info box on the dash. If you turn the car off, you need to press the damper button again.

Having read about it months ago (assuming I have it right), I tried this setting when I took the Scud out of winter hibernation yesterday. Normally I would just use race, but with the damper button pressed (softer ?) it did feel more compliant on the poor UK roads, and held a good line. Gearchange speed was super quick.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 03-31-2013, 08:01 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 196
Everything you said is correct. The softer setting is not available in Sport, so you must go to Race. The Scud doesn't remember the shock setting so you must select it after each start. Legend has it that Schumacher asked for the setting while helping to develop the car.

Dan
Current: Scuderia
Past: 330GTC, 512TR
Quantum Mechanic, Quarks repaired, Black Holes refilled.
post #3 of 5 Old 03-31-2013, 09:27 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanS View Post
Everything you said is correct. The softer setting is not available in Sport, so you must go to Race. The Scud doesn't remember the shock setting so you must select it after each start. Legend has it that Schumacher asked for the setting while helping to develop the car.
Thanks Dan.

post #4 of 5 Old 03-31-2013, 10:51 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 472
On bumpy, twisty mountain roads it helps keep the car planted to the ground but be cautious of approaching deep dips on the road at speed, more likely to bottom out on soft settings.
post #5 of 5 Old 03-31-2013, 07:50 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,526
That is the setting I use to drive every time. Works great for longer trips, but if I want to push the car, I of course switch to the firmer shock setting.

2015 458 Speciale', 2014 F12, 2013 458 Rosso Scuderia (To be traded), 2012 MP4-12C, 2010 LP670 SV, 2010 Panamera Turbo, 2009 16M, 2009 Scuderia , 2008 CLK63 Cab., 2002 996 GT2, 1994 RX-7 R2

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode