360 prices - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 03-15-2013, 01:19 PM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 61
360 prices

Hi-i have been searching for 360 prices seem to range from 78000 to 125,000 ( for ultra cherry model) f1, spider

i notice most ferrari dealers go from 430 and up

the independents have 360 but quality is debateable in fact besides ppi they have 5-6 owners with limited service records..mostly for battery replacements..also many are leased

one ferrari dealer has a 2004 spider for 118,000 red/tan
another has one for 78000 1999 to 2000 18000 in miles

ferari of new england has one 114900 red/tan 14k miles

i am finding mostly manual versus f1 with issues in 2000, 2001 maybe corrected in later models

my profile is 3 owner responsible owner and ferrari dealer service records f1 not abused

could use some thoughts

thaName:  F.jpg
Views: 290
Size:  10.3 KBnks don knudsen naples, fl
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 03-18-2013, 09:25 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 199
what is wrong with leased ? the 7th owner of my 360 was a leasing company, but in reality it was a business owner that figured leasing a Ferrari was cheaper then buying probably due to some tax savings. The leasing company bought the car, he owned it 18months and the leasing company sold the back to the private sector. I would not look into a ex-rental Ferrari but leasing has so many (in my opinion false) tax advantages that if you own a business, you might want to get a company car, that does not mean you will abuse it...a rental yeah its very safe to assume it was abused.

The only concern I had about my car was that lease was in Atlanta, the 8th owner was in Florida for only 3 months, the 9th owner was in Arizona again for only 3 months, it was a lot of moving across state lines and short ownerships, its coming up on a year of ownership now, near daily driving, went to see my daughter over the weekend 300 glorious miles and I still have not found anything wrong. With the thousands of miles I put on, I would have found it by now.

I dare you to walk up to my and guess how many owners its had... (ok that is not fair, since you know now).

I understand you want a ultra cherry car, mine would not satisfy you and mine is NOT for sale anyway, just wondering why the lease would upset a potential deal.
post #3 of 5 Old 03-18-2013, 10:23 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,323
Quote:
Originally Posted by knutzl99 View Post
finding mostly manual versus f1 with issues in 2000, 2001 maybe corrected in later models

my profile is 3 owner responsible owner and ferrari dealer service records f1 not abused
Don,
Only about 20% of 360s were manual, the vast majority were F1. There are plenty out there and at least 60-70 360s on the market at any given time, so you should have no trouble finding a good F1 for sale. Unfortunately, Florida seems to attrack more than its share of cars with issues. That may be one reason your search results are skewed.

Generally, the 2002 and after cars had most of the common issues resolved, cam variators being the biggest I can recall. And I wouldn't worry at all about a leased vehicle, many of them were leased by their initial owners.

The biggest piece of advice I can give you given your post is to take your time. Plan on spending six months to a year to find the right one. Second, read the Buyers Guide available here and third, subscribe to Ferrari Market Letter.

Good luck in your search, and don't forget to enjoy it. Many find it a positive part of the ownership experience.

Of all the narcissists I know, I love me the most.

post #4 of 5 Old 03-21-2013, 10:28 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 3
For what it is worth, I spent about a year looking for the exact 360 that I was looking for. It took a while. I just bought an 05 spider, manual transmission, basic interior, no red piping on tan leather. black carpeting. challenge grill and modular wheels. 4,700 miles. $105k. Car is in 99% brand new condition. 3 owners, only one put milage on the car.

PS- It was worth the wait!
post #5 of 5 Old 03-21-2013, 11:07 PM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 15,131
I would suggest finding an independent that you trust and then working with them to find the right car. With over 20k produced, it is just a question of being patient.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode