F430 F430 purchase - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 Old 03-04-2013, 05:58 PM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 8
F430 purchase

Hello all,
Seems to be a flood of F430's on the market, buyers market indeed. Is this a sign of bad things and owners not liking them, or is it becuase people are moving on to the 458? I am new to the market and just wanted to see what owners feel about their 430's. Any pointers are welcome.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 03-04-2013, 09:09 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 531
i don't think so...

Welcome aboard. as a fellow interested shopper for the F430, i don't think it is a buyers market any longer. spring is nearly upon us and i have found that dealers as of the last 2 weeks are not in the wheeling and dealing mode. 2.5 to 5K discounts off of listed price is about what i've been seeing. Unfortunately, there's too many of us that are willing to pay full sticker price. well at least for the 2 cars i was interested in.
what are the specs on the car you are looking for?
post #3 of 15 Old 03-05-2013, 05:22 AM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 8
I havent even got to the wheeling and dealing yet. I am still trying to figure out if the over 1000 car payment is something I want to do. I am looking at an '06 430 red coupe berlinetta with 12k miles. they want 134,000. To much? any type of advice is wanted.

post #4 of 15 Old 03-05-2013, 05:30 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by blbfor3 View Post
I havent even got to the wheeling and dealing yet. I am still trying to figure out if the over 1000 car payment is something I want to do. I am looking at an '06 430 red coupe berlinetta with 12k miles. they want 134,000. To much? any type of advice is wanted.
I think it is a bit too much,i mean it's the second production year model(if i'm not wrong) and for the coupe i think it is a bit overpriced.Also i would not buy i car with high milliage but not with that low milliage either.Consider buying a 2007 or later model,they seem to have less problems(although the F430 is a car with very little problems) and you should find a car with a bit higher milliage.Because lots of mechanics say that a car should have a least 3750 miles for every year of his age.Also consider searching for a convertible F430, and i'm sure that you will choose the Spider at the end...
I wish my info is usefull to you,and good luck with your search.
post #5 of 15 Old 03-05-2013, 05:43 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 270
Quote:
Originally Posted by blbfor3 View Post
Nice to see you over here on FLife also.
The car you're referencing appears to be over priced, but we don't know anything about the options, which on the F430, does make a difference. Also assuming it's a F1 car, and not a 3-pedal version - there are price differences there also.

Was bummed to hear Cheng doesn't think it is a buyer's market anymore due to seasonality. Indeed, this is sort of confirmed by the Asking Price Index on FML. That has been trending *slightly* UPWARD since January. Weird. But, in GENERAL, you can expect these cars to continue to depreciate - they are not limited production collectibles. There are SO MANY for sale right now. For that reason alone, I'd still assume it's a reasonable buyer's market. Hubris from dealers is another issue altogether.

Anywho, basically I'll give you the same advice as I gave you on FChat. To determine if it's worth your money, the best thing to do is to drive the car (World Class Driving or Exotics Racing come to mind - there's even a track at Walt Disney World where you can drive an F430!). In fact, if price is a consideration (indeed, it is to me too), then perhaps try to get behind the wheel of a 360 as well. They're less costly to buy, but can be more expensive to maintain.

Remember, the acquisition cost part of the Ferrari purchase is only PART of the occasion. Not only do you have to be able to afford the car, you have to be able to afford to maintain it. People quote about $2,500 annual maintenance on a 360, and about half that much for an F430 due to differences in construction.

Back to your pricing question - I know for certain that you can get 2006 Red/Tan F430 F1 Spiders (20k mi.) in the mid-teens. So, what reason would you have for paying close to the $134k asking price on the 2006 coupe with a few less miles? Must be something special...

Good luck - get behind the wheel and your decision will be made. Up until I got behind the wheel, owning a Ferrari was never a serious goal for me. After that point, I was almost consumed by it!
post #6 of 15 Old 03-05-2013, 11:04 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 979
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDriveM5 View Post
Remember, the acquisition cost part of the Ferrari purchase is only PART of the occasion. Not only do you have to be able to afford the car, you have to be able to afford to maintain it. People quote about $2,500 annual maintenance on a 360, and about half that much for an F430 due to differences in construction.

I completely agree with Raj. people think you buy a Ferrari and it's the end of that. don't forget maintainence costs, INSURANCE (a big one people forget) and others like tires, normal wear/tear, etc.

for example, i got a good rate for my F355 insurance, and i'm paying $170/month...with many discounts (multi-car, savings account with USAA, etc).

good luck with your search...i eventually want to move up to a Scuderia in a few years

Maserati GranTurismo MC - Giallo yellow
Porsche 911 GT3 RS - black with orange accents - wife's car
F355 Berlinetta - Giallo Modena, 6-speed manual, carbon sport seats -recently traded in
Porsche Cayenne Turbo S
post #7 of 15 Old 03-05-2013, 12:43 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,323
Quote:
Originally Posted by MC355 View Post
i got a good rate for my F355 insurance, and i'm paying $170/month...with many discounts (multi-car, savings account with USAA, etc).
Mike, are you sure about that? I have USAA as well and pay half that for my 360 Spider.

Of all the narcissists I know, I love me the most.
post #8 of 15 Old 03-12-2013, 05:52 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 9
So what's a reasonable number to pay
post #9 of 15 Old 03-12-2013, 06:07 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 979
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer58 View Post
Mike, are you sure about that? I have USAA as well and pay half that for my 360 Spider.
Oh really, guess my is only an ok rate? Guess I thought it was good because State Farm is quoting me a lot more...

Maybe my car is a lot older than your 360 spider? Not sure why...

Maserati GranTurismo MC - Giallo yellow
Porsche 911 GT3 RS - black with orange accents - wife's car
F355 Berlinetta - Giallo Modena, 6-speed manual, carbon sport seats -recently traded in
Porsche Cayenne Turbo S
post #10 of 15 Old 03-12-2013, 06:27 PM

What should I expect to pay:

2005 430 coupe, F1, 5-15kmiles
2006 same as above
2007 3-9k miles

Thanks for the help you guys!
post #11 of 15 Old 03-12-2013, 08:18 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley97 View Post
So what's a reasonable number to pay
Here are the rates I have with Geico:
Attached Images

post #12 of 15 Old 03-12-2013, 09:06 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 828
Garage
With nearly 18,000 of the F430 model in all flavors produced, I can't see these doing anything but declining in price
post #13 of 15 Old 03-13-2013, 05:52 PM

Anyone have any thoughts on my "what should I expect to pay" post above?
post #14 of 15 Old 03-18-2013, 08:12 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 1
Hi there, I just purchased a 06 430 coupe with 7k miles on it in Jan. I have been in the market for over a year, and I have to agree that the price of 430 has not dropped like I thought (or hoped) it would given 458 is now showing up in used car market.

Needless to say, I have researched hard and looked for all flavors of 430s during last couple of years.

Let me know if you have any questions that I can help with.

Good luck!
post #15 of 15 Old 03-18-2013, 10:37 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,323
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley97 View Post
Anyone have any thoughts on my "what should I expect to pay" post above?
Harley, I suggest you survey the cars currently on the market (via eBay, Cars.com, Autotrader, and Dupont) and subscribe to Ferrari Market Letter. That should give you a fairly good estimate on the "asking price" of your three candidates.

Of all the narcissists I know, I love me the most.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode