360 Yellow Tachometer Face for 360 Modena - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 41 Old 02-21-2013, 09:07 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 419
Yellow Tachometer Face for 360 Modena

The other Ferrari Forum (FerrrariChat) has an extensive thread on changing the the 360 tach face out for a yellow CS style face. There are at least three sources for the tach face and I opted for the Ricambi version. If you read through the FerrariChat topic you will get a better idea on the differences ... RPM FACE COLOR CHANGES--the whole process--LOTS of pics - FerrariChat.com

After thinking about it for a while, I took time this weekend to make the mod and the process was not as complicated as I had feared. Here is pic of my final result with the yellow tach face and changed color of needles from white to fluorescent red.

P.S. Any 360 owners in the Phoenix area who wants to do this, PM me. I can give some additional advice or assistance. No charge.

Steve
Attached Images

Last edited by bisel; 02-21-2013 at 09:12 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 41 Old 02-21-2013, 10:38 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 11,859
Steve- Great job. Looks like an F430 instrument panel.

Taz
Terry Phillips

Present: 575M 135171
Past: Dino 246 GT 02984, 365 GTB/4 14009, 308 GTS 25125

Every day I look around, and if nobody is shooting at me, it is a pretty good day.
post #3 of 41 Old 02-21-2013, 10:40 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,196
I like it. And wasn't the Yellow an upgraded extra $$ option?

Guide to the Galaxy: Don't Panic
Rik -- LAH !

Current:
Past:
1990 Mondial T Cabriolet SN 86247 : Red/Tan
1995 456 GT 2+2 SN 99987 : Roso Metalizzato [Fer 311/C] & Tan

post #4 of 41 Old 02-21-2013, 10:49 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 11,859
Rik- Optional on the F430, but not available on the 360. A different version was standard on the Stradale.

Taz
Terry Phillips

Present: 575M 135171
Past: Dino 246 GT 02984, 365 GTB/4 14009, 308 GTS 25125

Every day I look around, and if nobody is shooting at me, it is a pretty good day.
post #5 of 41 Old 02-21-2013, 11:06 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 979
Steve, looks great

With one simple mod, it makes the dash look instantly more modern. Love it

Maserati GranTurismo MC - Giallo yellow
Porsche 911 GT3 RS - black with orange accents - wife's car
F355 Berlinetta - Giallo Modena, 6-speed manual, carbon sport seats -recently traded in
Porsche Cayenne Turbo S
post #6 of 41 Old 02-21-2013, 11:10 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 931
Nice mod! Do they have one in rosso corsa?
post #7 of 41 Old 02-21-2013, 12:20 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by uberschprung View Post
I do not know if Ricambi has a red one, but you could call to see. In the other chat forum that I referenced, there was an early post that showed both a red and yellow face. I think both may have been sourced through Ricambi, but when I called them, I wanted the yellow and did not inquire about other colors.

Regards,

Steve
post #8 of 41 Old 02-21-2013, 12:26 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Thanks for the compliments. I had some trepidation at first, but both this forum and FerrariChat forum have some really good tips and techniques and my confidence was bolstered after reading through the process.

I did lose the little horse on the stock face plate. A company in England makes a tach face with the horse on it, but I like the night time appearance of Ricambi over the ProSport version (from England). In hindsight, I never even realized there was a horse on the tach face until I started considering this project.

Steve
post #9 of 41 Old 02-21-2013, 07:48 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 113
Nice job! I think this is really a cool mod. It really wakes up the gauge cluster. Just for clarification the English company only sells a complete Challenge Stradale kit, which includes the yellow tach and all gauge faces . They do not sell the CS yellow tach face by itself. It winds up costing a bit more than Ricambi

Enjoy!!
post #10 of 41 Old 02-21-2013, 08:11 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 931
Quote:
Originally Posted by bisel View Post
but you could call to see.

Regards,

Steve
I think I just might do that.
post #11 of 41 Old 02-21-2013, 08:55 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Night photo

It is a difficult to hand hold the camera for the night shot and I set the ISO up to 3200 to try to get a decent view ... this is the best I can get.

The yellow tach face is opaque so there is no yellow showing at night. The numerals show up a bluish green and the outer marking a turquoise. What you see surrounding the outer markings is the reflection on the instrument bezel.

I believe the version from ProSport Ferrari in the UK has a yellow band that is illuminated, but check out the other forum (there are several pages). There are some photos of night time views. After seeing the various night shots, I liked this one better as I did not want a bright yellow tach face or a bright yellow band going around the perimeter. I think that could be too distracting. At first, I was not sure I liked the green and turquoise look, but after driving a bit at night I find it grows on me.

Steve
Attached Images

post #12 of 41 Old 02-21-2013, 11:55 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by uberschprung View Post
Νοvitec has one but price is crazy perhaps about 700 pounds plus VAT
I saw a German dealer once at ebay selling one for 450 euros
post #13 of 41 Old 02-22-2013, 10:00 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 109
very nice....relatively inexpensive way to freshen up a 360 for sure. Is now at top of list of minor mods I will be doing.
post #14 of 41 Old 02-25-2013, 10:47 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 69
Do they make one for us 6 speed guys?
post #15 of 41 Old 02-25-2013, 02:06 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew360 View Post
Do they make one for us 6 speed guys?
Actually facias are same for F1 and manual. But the board of tachometer is different.
The alternatives for the RPM facias in the market are increasing. First there was HE/Ricambi product which is very 430ish for me and dark in the night and also without a prancing horse on it.
Than Prosport products came which are same as original CS looking but has a pac-man effect because of the illumination board.
Now there is
Ferrari 360 Yellow Tachometer RPM Panel CS Style with Cavallinino | eBay
Which has no pacman effect and have prancing horse on it. But it is expensive ( i think that these guys may make discount, from my past expriences i can say that they are serving perfectly).
Btw PS offers new illumiation boards for 360 (CS style) and 550/575.
post #16 of 41 Old 02-25-2013, 03:57 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakankuy View Post
Actually facias are same for F1 and manual. But the board of tachometer is different.
The alternatives for the RPM facias in the market are increasing. First there was HE/Ricambi product which is very 430ish for me and dark in the night and also without a prancing horse on it.
Than Prosport products came which are same as original CS looking but has a pac-man effect because of the illumination board.
Now there is
Which has no pacman effect and have prancing horse on it. But it is expensive ( i think that these guys may make discount, from my past expriences i can say that they are serving perfectly).
Thanks for the info! Would it look dumb if I replaced mine with the ebay one you referenced earlier? If I don't have the N123456 slot in the middle I think it may look out of place but I really want the yellow tach
post #17 of 41 Old 02-25-2013, 04:23 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakankuy View Post
Now there is
I have been communication with ProSport and they tell me they have both tach faces ... that is ... they have one for the 360 with the center masked off so you do not get the PacMan effect and one that would be if you upgrade the back lighting to get full tach face illumination.

Look at images below. There is the STANDARD tach face and the STRADALE fach face. The top two are standard tach faces in a 360 or Stradale. The bottom two are of the Stradale tach face in a 360 (PacMan effect with stock back lighting) and in a Stradale or a stock 360 after upgrading the back lighting.

Steve
Attached Images

Last edited by bisel; 02-25-2013 at 04:32 PM.
post #18 of 41 Old 02-27-2013, 01:57 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by bisel View Post
I have been communication with ProSport and they tell me they have both tach faces ... that is ... they have one for the 360 with the center masked off so you do not get the PacMan effect and one that would be if you upgrade the back lighting to get full tach face illumination.

Look at images below. There is the STANDARD tach face and the STRADALE fach face. The top two are standard tach faces in a 360 or Stradale. The bottom two are of the Stradale tach face in a 360 (PacMan effect with stock back lighting) and in a Stradale or a stock 360 after upgrading the back lighting.

Steve
The last picture belongd to a member from this forum if i amnot wrong. and it has very complicaded and professional update (new leds, 430 needles,etc).
But it is the perfect result. Even better than original CS cluster.
post #19 of 41 Old 02-27-2013, 08:11 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 117
Just for completeness, both the Prosport and Ricambi tach faces mentioned in this thread are made in the UK. The Prosport one is made by Prosport (obviously) but the Ricambi one is actually made by Hill Engineering: D360-Y-430 - 360 Yellow Tach by: Ferrari / OEM - Hill Engineering
post #20 of 41 Old 02-27-2013, 11:17 AM Thread Starter
Owner

And, just to mention it, it appears that Ricambi's is more F430-ish and ProSport is more Stadale-ish.

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by voicey View Post
Just for completeness, both the Prosport and Ricambi tach faces mentioned in this thread are made in the UK. The Prosport one is made by Prosport (obviously) but the Ricambi one is actually made by Hill Engineering: D360-Y-430 - 360 Yellow Tach by: Ferrari / OEM - Hill Engineering

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode