F430 Thinking of picking up a 430 this week - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 02-04-2013, 07:31 PM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 3
Thinking of picking up a 430 this week

Hi everyone,

I was hoping you may be able to give me a little advice on what I'm hoping to do this week. I currently have a 2013 GT-R and have been looking at a pristine F430 at my local dealer.

The car is an '07 F1, Rosso Corsa with the tan interior and is reasonably optioned including leather headliner/parcel shelf, carbon fiber interior parts, scuderia shields and ball polished wheels (not my favorite but they'll do). It's an incredibly tidy example that looks as though it's barely been used but it has 18800 miles on it. Deal on the table is essentially $125k with 1 year of warranty included. The clutch has 20% wear and the tires were just replaced when they put it up for sale.

Since it's from a main dealer, do I need to insist on a PPI still? I do know they've gone through it and done any required maintenance but since this is my first, I want to be sure.

Does it seem like a reasonable deal to you? I plan on doing 5-7k a year in it and probably moving it on in a couple of years with 30-40k miles on it.

Any advice that you have would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Last edited by DaveHutchinson; 02-04-2013 at 08:14 PM. Reason: 07 instead of 06!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 02-04-2013, 08:11 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 10,022
Dave

Sounds like a nice 430.

I am not a PPI fan but others here differ and I like the ball polished wheels.

Any pictures or dealer info?
post #3 of 8 Old 02-04-2013, 08:12 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 531
F430

Dave,

Did you get to view their preliminary inspection report? The Ferrari dealers have a 101 pt inspection checklist that they go through. this also includes a test drive, clutch life remaining, brakes, tire life. They should then show you exactly what they did to have the car meet their higher standards to be sold at a Ferrari dealer.

I don't own an F430 yet but have been seriously looking for the last 3 months. If the dealer as throwing in the 1 yr power warranty, i would forego the PPI. However, you better be drving that car to make sure you work out any issues b4 warranty expires.

Keep us posted!

post #4 of 8 Old 02-04-2013, 08:17 PM Thread Starter

Whoops just realized I'd put 2006 instead of 2007!

I haven't seen the inspection report but I will tomorrow. I'd rather not give out any specific details on the car as I don't want to tempt fate. I'm assuming with nigh on 19k miles that any major gremlins will likely be out of its system by now.
post #5 of 8 Old 02-04-2013, 08:20 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 979
Hi Dave

welcome to F Life.

That seems like a good price. and don't let the 18k miles scare you. that's not too bad. like many say, if the Ferrari is a garage queen, you may have more problems than one that is driven alot.

If not a PPI, do you have service records for the 430? I would insist on that too. clutch life seems good, and the one year warrenty is pretty nice too.

BTW, how do you like the GT-R...heard it's amazing. are you keeping it or trading it for the 430?

good luck

Maserati GranTurismo MC - Giallo yellow
Porsche 911 GT3 RS - black with orange accents - wife's car
F355 Berlinetta - Giallo Modena, 6-speed manual, carbon sport seats -recently traded in
Porsche Cayenne Turbo S
post #6 of 8 Old 02-04-2013, 08:45 PM Thread Starter

Thanks,

I'm not personally scared of the mileage as like you said, at least its been driven. I do believe all the service records are available for the car so I'll take a look at those.

I'm actually on my second GT-R, had an '09 for a year then just bought my '13 - I love it and the performance is pretty much unparalleled but the opportunity to jump into a Ferrari is one I'm not sure I want to pass up. They've offered me a fairly solid trade on the GT-R, enough to make the jump into the 430 very affordable.
post #7 of 8 Old 02-04-2013, 08:58 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 10,022
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveHutchinson View Post
Whoops just realized I'd put 2006 instead of 2007!

I haven't seen the inspection report but I will tomorrow. I'd rather not give out any specific details on the car as I don't want to tempt fate. I'm assuming with nigh on 19k miles that any major gremlins will likely be out of its system by now.
Even better it's a 2007 - check the battery and vent tube is good to go.

It's important to have the right one and keep it on a maintainer.

6 year old Ferrari should be driven 15k min.

Good Luck!
post #8 of 8 Old 02-04-2013, 10:57 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 931
Price seems to be good, I'd just want to have a thorough inspection. Me personally, I'd keep the GT-R and save up for the F430.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode