360 CNC motors-good or bad? - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 Old 01-30-2013, 07:35 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 14
CNC motors-good or bad?

Guys, stay away from that shop. I had the worst experience dealing with them. They had a great inventory and move a lot of cars, but will treat you completely unprofessionally. I bought my 360 from them, and when I bought it, everyone was quick to call me back and deal with me. I was looking to upgrade my 360 to a 430 and was promised that they would take the car, and therefore, I tried to secure another one. Every day when I called the shop, they said they were going to call me back and never did. I called several times each day and got nothing but the run around. I kept calling and calling for 7 days straight just to be told every single time that I was going to get a call back, and never have. To me, this is the most unprofessional thing you can do to a client that spends that kind of money at your shop. The reason I'm posting this thread is to find out if anyone else has had a similar experience or this is just an isolated instance. Also, a lot of people have asked me in the last week if they should go to that shop to look at cars since I'm currently dealing with them and what My opinion was, and I'll gladly spare somebody the headache of dealing with those guys over there. I absolutely DO NOT recommed CNC Motors. In my opinion, and it is just my opinion, they are unprofessional, they don't call you back when they say they will, they do not treat you with respect, and worst of all, give you the runaround-- which I can't stand when spending $100,000 on a car.

Last edited by John Roberts; 01-30-2013 at 07:54 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 01-30-2013, 07:49 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 10,022
Huge inventory and they seem competitive - no experience.

It's always best to find an honest owner selling their prize Ferrari - but that's not easy to find.
post #3 of 16 Old 01-31-2013, 05:22 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 270
Quote:
Originally Posted by champagne612 View Post
It's always best to find an honest owner selling their prize Ferrari - but that's not easy to find.
+1. I'm the kind of person who prefers to buy the car from the last guy who DROVE it regularly, as opposed to the person hired to clear it off of the showroom floor, in the case of the Ferrari.

post #4 of 16 Old 01-31-2013, 06:44 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 166
that sounds horrible. Very frustrating. I understand no call back for a couple of days but a week is unacceptible. there is not much effort in calling somebody back. Good to know.
post #5 of 16 Old 01-31-2013, 08:10 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Quote:
Huge inventory and they seem competitive - no experience.

Agree- zero experience in how to deal with clients. I got treated better at Starbucks than I did at cnc in the last 2 weeks.
post #6 of 16 Old 01-31-2013, 08:13 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrodrig688 View Post
that sounds horrible. Very frustrating. I understand no call back for a couple of days but a week is unacceptible. there is not much effort in calling somebody back. Good to know.
And that truly was what made me go through the roof. I'm a business man myself, I know sometimes you get busy, but this was just unbelieveable. The thing that really gets me is when they pick up the phone, you state who you are, and then they say, "Hey I'll call you right back," and hang up. Or when they keep telling you to call back in five minutes, and then nobody answers the phone. If I did that ,I would be out of business within a month. So frustrating that I had to vent somewhere...
post #7 of 16 Old 01-31-2013, 10:18 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,526
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Roberts View Post
And that truly was what made me go through the roof. I'm a business man myself, I know sometimes you get busy, but this was just unbelieveable. The thing that really gets me is when they pick up the phone, you state who you are, and then they say, "Hey I'll call you right back," and hang up. Or when they keep telling you to call back in five minutes, and then nobody answers the phone. If I did that ,I would be out of business within a month. So frustrating that I had to vent somewhere...
I don't understand your situation. Are you saying that you bought a 360 from them, and they made a verbal promise that if you ever wanted to upgrade, that they would buy the car back from you and use it to trade towards an F430?

If so, seems they don't want your 360, so just sell it on the open market, Autotrader.com or Ebay, then start looking everywhere for a good F430?

2015 458 Speciale', 2014 F12, 2013 458 Rosso Scuderia (To be traded), 2012 MP4-12C, 2010 LP670 SV, 2010 Panamera Turbo, 2009 16M, 2009 Scuderia , 2008 CLK63 Cab., 2002 996 GT2, 1994 RX-7 R2
post #8 of 16 Old 01-31-2013, 10:29 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by markjayw View Post
I don't understand your situation. Are you saying that you bought a 360 from them, and they made a verbal promise that if you ever wanted to upgrade, that they would buy the car back from you and use it to trade towards an F430?

If so, seems they don't want your 360, so just sell it on the open market, Autotrader.com or Ebay, then start looking everywhere for a good F430?
What happened is I called and asked if they would like to buy back the 360 I bought from them. I was willing to lose a bit of money rather than deal with ebay etc. and the guy said YES. They promised me they want it and the guy kept telling me everyday to call back and that he would have me bring it in tomorrow. He specifically agreed and promised me they want my car. He even said they have a buyer for it and that this comes in handy for them etc. Then something happened and all of a sudden I'm getting no calls back and being given the runaround. When I made my final call from a different number after 10 days to tell the guy to just forget about it he didn't even live up to it or apologize. Worst part he says to me he had some personal issues and that's why he somehow forgot about me. Complete disrespect and amateur business.

Last edited by John Roberts; 01-31-2013 at 10:37 AM.
post #9 of 16 Old 01-31-2013, 12:34 PM
Owner

Quote:
What happened is I called and asked if they would like to buy back the 360 I bought from them. I was willing to lose a bit of money rather than deal with ebay etc. and the guy said YES. They promised me they want it and the guy kept telling me everyday to call back and that he would have me bring it in tomorrow. He specifically agreed and promised me they want my car. He even said they have a buyer for it and that this comes in handy for them etc. Then something happened and all of a sudden I'm getting no calls back and being given the runaround. When I made my final call from a different number after 10 days to tell the guy to just forget about it he didn't even live up to it or apologize. Worst part he says to me he had some personal issues and that's why he somehow forgot about me. Complete disrespect and amateur business.
Ok, did you ask for the owner, or the GM? Escalate your call up the ladder. Car dealers love selling cars, buying back cars, probably not so much.

2015 458 Speciale', 2014 F12, 2013 458 Rosso Scuderia (To be traded), 2012 MP4-12C, 2010 LP670 SV, 2010 Panamera Turbo, 2009 16M, 2009 Scuderia , 2008 CLK63 Cab., 2002 996 GT2, 1994 RX-7 R2
post #10 of 16 Old 01-31-2013, 02:21 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,323
I say just walk away and spare yourself any more headache.

Of all the narcissists I know, I love me the most.
post #11 of 16 Old 01-31-2013, 06:55 PM
Owner

Quote:
Agree- zero experience in how to deal with clients. I got treated better at Starbucks than I did at cnc in the last 2 weeks.
I was interested in two cars they had - this was when they were in a smaller facility and maybe more hands on.

The owner and I spoke both times and he was extremely cordial and honest.

Since you live nearby and have dealt with them it's important to speak with ownership / management.

Posting here is a good vent but a phone call or face to face meeting goes a long way especially since you seem like a Ferrari / Starbuck nut like me

I wouldn't be surprised if CNC has already seen this and figuring out how to address this as they are very active on the other Ferrari forum.
post #12 of 16 Old 01-31-2013, 07:29 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Quote:
I was interested in two cars they had - this was when they were in a smaller facility and maybe more hands on.

The owner and I spoke both times and he was extremely cordial and honest.

Since you live nearby and have dealt with them it's important to speak with ownership / management.

Posting here is a good vent but a phone call or face to face meeting goes a long way especially since you seem like a Ferrari / Starbuck nut like me

I wouldn't be surprised if CNC has already seen this and figuring out how to address this as they are very active on the other Ferrari forum.
I heard many times that in the past they were much smaller and hands on. Maybe they just became too big too fast. Funny thing is I really dig their inventory and access to cars. I was thinking about contacting ownership but just kinda feel silly doing so. And yes, I'm a total Ferrari and Starbucks nut like you lol.
post #13 of 16 Old 01-31-2013, 07:45 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 69
Similar experience

I went to one of their open houses. They treated everybody very well. I also talked to one of their sales persons about painting my front bumper, which needed some work. They were to paint and install skid pads underneath the bumper. Anyway, I called several times and left messages and got no response back as well. They finally called a week later. We decided to wait until the first of the year to do the work.

They said they would call me after the 1st of the year and never did. So I felt cautiously about having them do the work. Like you said, how hard is it to call a potential customer back?

I'm moving out of state and will have the work done there.

Sorry to hear about your bad experience with them. There are lot of people on this forum that speak highly of them.
post #14 of 16 Old 01-31-2013, 09:17 PM
Owner

Quote:
I heard many times that in the past they were much smaller and hands on. Maybe they just became too big too fast. Funny thing is I really dig their inventory and access to cars. I was thinking about contacting ownership but just kinda feel silly doing so. And yes, I'm a total Ferrari and Starbucks nut like you lol.
Then you will fit right in this place

I wouldn't feel awkward the owner would be appreciative as would any of us.

Willing to wager a 25.00 gift certificate someone has read this thread and passed it along to the top brass at CNC.

My office gives out 25.00 gift certificates like water to smooth over almost any issue that arises.
post #15 of 16 Old 02-01-2013, 04:26 PM Thread Starter
Owner

I agree with all you guys. This guy Cameron, one of the sales people, called me yesterday. After a few conversations thru-out the day we agreed for me to drop off the car today for inspection and if it's all good they will buy it from me on monday as they originally promised. He treated me really nice and was very pro. Responded to my texts, called me back when he said he would and I said I'll give them a last chance so we can keep doing business together. Either this thread got to them or the other guy I dealt with, or the lack thereof, came to his senses. Will keep you guys posted.
post #16 of 16 Old 02-01-2013, 05:33 PM
Owner

These forums are very valuable, get enough bad news about a Dealer, buyers stay away. Glad it seems to be moving in the direction you want. Good luck!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode