360 360 as Daily Driver - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 11-19-2012, 07:13 PM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 45
360 as Daily Driver

I am really interested in getting a Ferrari 360 or 360 spider (Manual) for use as a daily driver. I love the CS but it doesn't have a manual option which is a must.
What do you guys think about using a 360 as a daily driver?

Also is there a big drop in performance/driver feel between the 360 and 360 spider?

Thanks!

Matt
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 11-19-2012, 09:23 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 199
LOVE IT...its been my daily since I got it in April.

Driving the 360 for everything, from going to work to grocery shopping to dinner and a movie with the wife. 5,000 miles in 4 months (to be fair 1,800 miles was first month and 600 of those 1,800 were the drive home). It goes in the garage most nights but its spent many a night outside, been rained on (be careful giving it gas in the wet weather, rear end gets loose easily). It just gets better everyday, the F1 system has noticeably gotten better from the day I picked up the car.
post #3 of 8 Old 11-19-2012, 10:35 PM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 15,131
I used a manual 360 Modena as a DD for several years. No issues at all. Car is more than up to the task. Made the daily commute a lot more fun.

post #4 of 8 Old 11-19-2012, 10:42 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyr View Post
LOVE IT...its been my daily since I got it in April.

Driving the 360 for everything, from going to work to grocery shopping to dinner and a movie with the wife. 5,000 miles in 4 months (to be fair 1,800 miles was first month and 600 of those 1,800 were the drive home).

Mikey,

That's so great to hear! 5000 miles in 4 months sounds about right! Thanks for your response!

Matt
post #5 of 8 Old 11-19-2012, 10:46 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxer View Post
I used a manual 360 Modena as a DD for several years. No issues at all. Car is more than up to the task. Made the daily commute a lot more fun.
Awesome! Does it require the same 10 min warm up procedure that you do with your F40? or is it pretty much just hop in and go?

(I wish the CS had the manual spec) Did you miss the manual transmission when you moved to the CS? CS seems like a GREAT car otherwise.

Thanks!

Matt
post #6 of 8 Old 11-20-2012, 02:19 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 199
pretty much hop in and go...I let it warm up about 1 minute in the morning when dead cold, rest of the day get in a drive. I take it really easy first few miles in the morning.
post #7 of 8 Old 11-20-2012, 10:19 PM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 15,131
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomcattmatt View Post
Awesome! Does it require the same 10 min warm up procedure that you do with your F40? or is it pretty much just hop in and go?

(I wish the CS had the manual spec) Did you miss the manual transmission when you moved to the CS? CS seems like a GREAT car otherwise.

Thanks!

Matt
I would normally give it a couple of minutes and then go. I would keep the revs to under 3k until oil temp hit 80C.
post #8 of 8 Old 11-21-2012, 06:16 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 71
While I do not use mine as a DD, I believe I wouldn't have an ounce of regret if I did. I think, just as with any car, as long as you take care of the machine and perform the necessary maintenance I think it would make a fine DD. Not sure I would recommend it for a lot of stop and go traffic everyday though. Just my opinion, not sure what other guys would say about it. But I think avoiding that type of traffic on a daily basis would be advisable just to preserve clutch life.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode