360 Looking for Tips on Audio Upgrade for 360 - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 11-19-2012, 07:20 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 419
Looking for Tips on Audio Upgrade for 360

I know there have been threads posted here discussing audio options. Hope one more thread does not offend any one ...

I am preparing to upgrade my audio system and looking for some tips. I have a 360 Modena and it has factory audio consisting of Becker head unit, CD changer in the front trunk, factory amplifier installed under the dash and a factory sub-woofer. I have some specific questions that I am hoping readers here can help with and provide some comments on their experiences and recommendations.

When installing new speakers, most kits come with a mid-range woofer and tweeter for each door. The kits also include a cross-over to adjust the high / low range frequency balance. When I removed the door panel on my car, I did not see a cross over in the door. The tweeter and woofer in the door have a connector that I assume goes back to the amplifier enclosure. Is the cross-over located in the amplifier enclosure?

Do readers have recommendations on speaker (vendor / model) that I can use and install without performing major surgery on the door or the door panels.

The sub-woofer enclosure is small and can only accept a 5.25" sub-woofer. This is not very large, but for my taste should be adequate. The existing enclosure contains an active sub-woofer and a passive radiator. I am thinking of replacing them, but keeping the same configuration ... i.e., active speaker and passive radiator. Does anyone have experience with this and what is result?

After a speaker upgrade, I will likely upgrade the head unit to get blue tooth, USB port and Pandora function. If I can, I want to keep costs down by keeping the factory amp. Is this a likely possibility? Or should I think about replacing the amp as well? I am not concerned in keeping the CD changer function as a blue-tooth and USB upgrade will allow me to use my i-Pod / i-Phone to play my tunes.

I appreciate any response to this thread.

Thanks in advance.

Steve
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 11-19-2012, 07:59 AM
Master Mechanic

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,219
The amplifier performs the cross over duties, internally. The factopry subwoofer box is worthless. Don't waste your time trying to fit a different woofer in the enclosure. With these cars, you need to either leave it as is or start from scratch.

We build a new enclosure from scratch to fit a 6" subwoofer.

I prefer Focal KRX2 components, JL Audio HD series amp and JL 6w3 sub woofer for this application.

post #3 of 3 Old 11-22-2012, 02:23 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 7
Hello
I installed a system in my Focal Modena, without visible features. It's a 3-way system, the switch fits into the door trim into it. I have an amplifier in there too, it fits perfectly under the CD changer cover. On my radio I have only one USB + hard drive, no CD. The sound is overwhelming to the work system
Radio is Kenwood KIV 700
Speakers : Focal 165 VRS ( very low mounting depth )
Amp. Axton A2100

Greetings Steffen

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode