Ferrari Life Forum banner

Exhaust heat

F430 
2K views 7 replies 2 participants last post by  StefVan 
#1 ·
Today when I reached back home after playing in roads around in the parking I've seen the place shown in the picture is kind of red hot. (glowing red in the parking's dark) is that normal?

See less See more
#2 ·
The stock catalyser usually shouldn't glow red or it is a sign that you've driving it a bit too hard if not, something else is wrong. This can lead to a converter meltdown. The main reason is raw fuel conditions, I mean, too enriched A/F mixture. I would check your cats for signs of heat discoloration. You can check easily your cats with a OBD tester and log the data while you're driving. Maybe there is nothing to worry about as the air temperature is very warm there.

#3 ·
Drove it hard. not too hard (a few hard acceleration, speed up to 270 km/h) then slowing down on 50-90 km/h for 5 mins. Totally like showing the car to my friend who is aston owner to be ashamed.

The red hot was about one inch in the pipe front of catalyser. Air temp here was 38C.

Do you think I need a tech to come with me to test drive and check conditions?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.